Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

One week in the shop, and still no BOSS

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/11, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-update-

Happy to report that I got my car back on Friday the 9th after twenty five days in the shop. So what was wrong with it? Nothing at all! Apparently when they did the PCM misfire relearn early on they didn't run the rpm's high enough for the relearn to take. So after replacing the spark plugs, all the injectors, the turn ring, the crank sensor, doing the crank sensor relearn and putting 156 miles on my car, another field service engineer recommended trying the relearn while running the rpm's up to 5500 and that cleared all the misfire codes instantly.

As frustrating as this has been and after all the back and forth and worrying about having to go through the buy back process, I'm just happy to have my car back and running. I'm not to happy about the process and especially about the miles put on my car, but I guess someone had to be the guniea pig. I'm hopeful that ford will learn from my car's experience so other boss owners won't have to go what I went through. Ford is doing some stuff in the way of compensation, I was hoping for more, but like I said just happy to have her back in my garage.

Wanna say thanks to Deysha for putting me in contact with a customer service rep, it was definitely helpful.
Old 12/13/11, 04:26 AM

Glad to hear that they finally figured it out. As many have stated previously, in the end, it would be something simple.

I can only imagine the level of frustration that you have been going through over the past month... very, very shocked that it took the trained professionals that long to figure it out. One would think that they have the proper tools in place to determine such issues.
Old 12/13/11, 06:13 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bluemax
Glad to hear that they finally figured it out. As many have stated previously, in the end, it would be something simple.

I can only imagine the level of frustration that you have been going through over the past month... very, very shocked that it took the trained professionals that long to figure it out. One would think that they have the proper tools in place to determine such issues.
Old 12/13/11, 11:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Robinc
-update-
Wanna say thanks to Deysha for putting me in contact with a customer service rep, it was definitely helpful.
You're very welcome! Glad you have her back, Robinc!

Deysha
Old 12/13/11, 12:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
another field service engineer recommended trying the relearn while running the rpm's up to 5500 and that cleared all the misfire codes instantly.
That is interesting info, makes me wonder when I had mine done if it did not take until I drove it hard still it is kind of strange to have to pass a certain RPM to reset?
Old 12/13/11, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
That is interesting info, makes me wonder when I had mine done if it did not take until I drove it hard still it is kind of strange to have to pass a certain RPM to reset?
I agree as well. This information was passed on to me by my service advisor and by his own admission he's not a very technical guy. I plan on talking to the shop foreman to get more technical details of the how and why, but honestly I'm gonna hold off for a few days, I've dealt with them so much over the past month that I'm kind of over it for now.
Old 12/14/11, 02:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Happy it got worked out!!!! Nice to know there is someone like Deysha around "just in case"
Old 12/15/11, 07:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Happy it got worked out!!!! Nice to know there is someone like Deysha around "just in case"
Thanks, Ranger!

Deysha
Old 12/15/11, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-update-

Happy to report that I got my car back on Friday the 9th after twenty five days in the shop. So what was wrong with it? Nothing at all! Apparently when they did the PCM misfire relearn early on they didn't run the rpm's high enough for the relearn to take. So after replacing the spark plugs, all the injectors, the turn ring, the crank sensor, doing the crank sensor relearn and putting 156 miles on my car, another field service engineer recommended trying the relearn while running the rpm's up to 5500 and that cleared all the misfire codes instantly.

As frustrating as this has been and after all the back and forth and worrying about having to go through the buy back process, I'm just happy to have my car back and running. I'm not to happy about the process and especially about the miles put on my car, but I guess someone had to be the guniea pig. I'm hopeful that ford will learn from my car's experience so other boss owners won't have to go what I went through. Ford is doing some stuff in the way of compensation, I was hoping for more, but like I said just happy to have her back in my garage.

After reading your post I was concerned whether the process prescribed to dealers was flawed, or if it was just your dealer that didn't follow the procedure. I had mine done about a month ago and haven't had it on the track yet to confirm it wouldn't throw any more misfire codes. I checked in with my dealer and he confirmed they did run it up past 5500 as prescribed by Ford.