Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Oil Temperature sender location

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/12, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Temperature sender location

Since the 2013 Boss can display oil temp does anyone know the sender location?
Thanks, Guy
Old 6/20/12, 07:09 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I believe it's in the same spot as the oil pressure sensor. Ford Lists a Specific Sensor for the Boss and it's $390.00 vs the $40.00 For the Non Boss Sensor. It's also a 3 Wire Sensor Vs a One Wire Sensor. It's located on the Oil Filter Adapter. Not a 100% on This but my best guess at the moment. I checked Ford Parts Cataloging, Wiring Diagram and Shop Manual.

KC
Attached Thumbnails Oil Temperature sender location-9278.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/20/12 at 07:29 AM.
Old 6/20/12, 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Temp Sender

Thanks for the info.I have all my senders in place ready to install the gauge pod.I thought it would be a good idea to get everything hot and be certain there are no leaks.Went out for a 5mi warmup,got back and parked on drive on lift.Had some other work,went back a few hours later and there was a small puddle of oil under the oil filter.Pulled down the plastis cover to find one of the 3 1/8 pipe plugs in the glowshift adaptor weeping.Checked it and tightened it a little more and took another more spirited ride,12mi or so.Come back,now really leaking,oil actually on rear bumper!Still leaking from the same plug. That's it for me,I never thought much of the adaptor from the beginning.I'm removing it completely, so no gauges this weekend at Pocono.I have 3.5" aluminum roundstock so i'll just make an adaptor.It has to be better and more reliable than what I have.
Guy
Old 6/20/12, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gww52
Thanks for the info.I have all my senders in place ready to install the gauge pod.I thought it would be a good idea to get everything hot and be certain there are no leaks.Went out for a 5mi warmup,got back and parked on drive on lift.Had some other work,went back a few hours later and there was a small puddle of oil under the oil filter.Pulled down the plastis cover to find one of the 3 1/8 pipe plugs in the glowshift adaptor weeping.Checked it and tightened it a little more and took another more spirited ride,12mi or so.Come back,now really leaking,oil actually on rear bumper!Still leaking from the same plug. That's it for me,I never thought much of the adaptor from the beginning.I'm removing it completely, so no gauges this weekend at Pocono.I have 3.5" aluminum roundstock so i'll just make an adaptor.It has to be better and more reliable than what I have.
Guy
I noticed when I installed the supplied plugs in the glowshift adapter that the pipe threads were cut to deep. Plug would run out of threads before getting real tight. I ended up using a few wraps of pipe tape to get them to seal. I was going to try a brass pipe plug but did not have one the correct size. So far, so good as far as leaks go.