Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/11, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StillIntense
Many thanks to OAC Sparky and others for their comments. 2012 Yellow Boss really got to the heart of our issue.

I am fine with delays, and understand that things happen with our cars that prevent it shipping in a timely manner. What I am NOT fine with is being kept in the dark about its status. Let me say this again: delays for good reason are perfectly acceptable. Being not kept informed is NOT acceptable. As was mentioned, this has been going on for years at Ford, and yet other auto makers were able to figure this out at least 9 years ago. I have owned 11 different Mustangs and love Ford cars, but I want Ford to do better. They can fix this and should.
WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!

WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!

WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!
WE Want our Bosses!
Old 3/8/11, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, but I think most of us would be happy at this point simply with an update.
Old 3/8/11, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

OAC Sparky: mine says "In Transit". So what does that mean? Looking at the example, that means its on its way, correct?
Old 3/8/11, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

OAC Sparky: mine says "In Transit". So what does that mean? Looking at the example, that means its on its way, correct?
Does your 'In Transit" mention it's in Flat Rock, or some other location?

Sparky's example shows some "In Transit"s while still at Flat Rock, but it might mean it has passed from Ford to a shipper, which would be terrific news!!!!!
Old 3/8/11, 08:56 AM
Banned

Nope. It's "Rail Warehousing" it means it hasn't left Flat Rock.
Old 3/8/11, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

OK...My turn to ask a question.

Only thing I have is a DORA + a 1st Q allotment (according to my dealer), shouldn't I have more than just a DORA, if it's truly a 1st Q by now?

LQQK
Old 3/8/11, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LQQK

Only thing I have is a DORA + a 1st Q allotment (according to my dealer), shouldn't I have more than just a DORA, if it's truly a 1st Q by now?

LQQK
Probably, but with the unexpected plant downweeks I can't say for sure; Bosses are serialized by the Zone rep on a case by case basis.
Old 3/8/11, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

I sent this to my Dealer right after sparky replied to my question:

Has my BOSS been scheduled or serialized yet?

The 2nd quarter is 3 weeks away and mine is a 1st Q, will you please ask the zone rep when she plans on getting it serialized or whatever it's called?

What have you found out about installing the Track Key software into the PCM?

Reply:

The Recaro Seats are on a material hold still. They have only been able to schedule 10% each week because of the hold. Yours is still scheduled for the first quarter, so it should schedule in the next few weeks.

The only thing I have heard about the track key is the info that you sent me. Parts and service doesn't have the update yet, but I am sure they will have it by the time the vehicle arrives.
Old 3/8/11, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

OAC Sparky, so what reasons would there be that dealerships are receiving 2012 GT500s and GTs but not Bosses, even though some Bosses are clearly "In Transit"? For example, Bosses built during the first week of production (released on 24 Feb).
Old 3/8/11, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

OAC Sparky, so what reasons would there be that dealerships are receiving 2012 GT500s and GTs but not Bosses, even though some Bosses are clearly "In Transit"? For example, Bosses built during the first week of production (released on 24 Feb).
Sorry to butt in here - "In Transit" does not necessarily mean it has left Flat Rock.
Old 3/8/11, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I know. Bear with me here....
Old 3/8/11, 11:55 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by LQQK

LQQK
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm waiting for confirmation of OK to Buy before I start bugging my dealer for a VIN.
Old 3/8/11, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wonder if Ford goes by calendar quarters or some kind of 'production' quarter?

If the latter, and production started in earnest mid-Feb, then the first 'production' quarter could theoretically be from mid-Feb to mid-Apr. With vehicle identification numbers being assigned approx a month out, then it's possible it could be two more weeks before the last of 1Q builds get a vehicle identification number.

Now let's really muddy the water - say this model year's prodction will last 16 months instead of 12. Then each quarter is 4 months long, and not three.

Bottomline, imho, the person who knows for sure on the Bosses is the Zone Rep, and hopefully they'll be understanding and helpful to your dealer's inquiries. fwiw, My dealer told me that Ford's 'computer' gets updated every Thursday night to pull orders, and he'll check Friday morning and let me know if there were any changes.

Waiting and unknowing is a very frustrating pain.

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 4/10/11 at 05:27 PM.
Old 3/8/11, 12:56 PM
GT Member

I want my Boss and I know there are delays but Ford is wrong for not keeping us informed. There is no difference between toilet paper and car in the customer is waiting for one or the other (well sometimes the toilet paper is more important). People of Ford build the cars for people and we lose sight of that. If you are on the phone and put a customer on hold they will wait for hours. Just keep them informed and that's all I'm saying is for Ford to let us know.
Old 3/8/11, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

It is. Just asked my dealer to call the Zone Rep, and sent an email to Ford to see what they could tell me. Its very interesting that some 2012 GT500s and GTs are already delivered but no Bosses.
Old 3/8/11, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

The no info part of this is really getting old.
Old 3/8/11, 02:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talked to FCS (for whats it's worth) and guess what - woo-hoo - my car will delivered on ......

still MARCH 1st so apparently I have it and didn't even know there are many posts my car is scheduled to be built 3/9 and delivered 3/18, I hate to say it but get it out of your mind since the dates mean nothing, sorry.
Old 3/8/11, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Talked to FCS (for whats it's worth) and guess what - woo-hoo - my car will delivered on ......

still MARCH 1st so apparently I have it and didn't even know
So, holding out on us, huh?

What we need is a spy at AAI watching the transportation area to let us know when they finally see a truck or train leaving with at least one Boss.
Old 3/8/11, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

some add'l scoop

mine still isn't scheduled and is a 1st Q build. I heard from a guy I know at Ford that mine is likely to get picked up for scheduling this thursday and that they're currently scheduling for production 3 weeks out.

so for those of you that have '1st Q' production cars...I can tell you that not all the first Q production has been scheduled.
Old 3/8/11, 03:48 PM
V6 Member

Okay guys.

Here you go. Just got this from my salesman.

Here's what I know. Mustang was on hold from the plant until last Friday for quality check. Its in line now to be transported.

Quick Reply: The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread