Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/11, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, like many of you, I have no clue why my Boss was produced and released from the plant two weeks ago, and yet continues to rest in a lot at Flat Rock.

Just came from the dealer, as of this morning, my last VVS update was eight days ago (2/27), as "In Transit, Received-Rail" with an ETA of 3/12 (yeah, right). Not showing as a QC hold or short parts; just sitting.

So the question is: who else, and what do we know?
Old 3/7/11, 11:14 AM
GT Member

That's the problem, we know nothing. This is not the old days with some customer service. Since delivery dates have past for some of us you'd thing some caring person at Ford would say, "I think we should inform these nice people in the status of their cars". Not going to happen. Sorry if I'm ranting but there really is no excuse for this except some lazy *ss won't get up of their *ss and do something. I lose faith in humanity one person at a time.
Old 3/7/11, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
OK, like many of you, I have no clue why my Boss was produced and released from the plant two weeks ago, and yet continues to rest in a lot at Flat Rock.

Just came from the dealer, as of this morning, my last VVS update was eight days ago (2/27), as "In Transit, Received-Rail" with an ETA of 3/12 (yeah, right). Not showing as a QC hold or short parts; just sitting.

So the question is: who else, and what do we know?
Just talked with my dealer and no change showing; still a 3/16 delivery for my car built on 2/22. But he said it may not be right because he had delivery dates that have passed with no Mustang showing up.
Old 3/7/11, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

And you both have hit the nail on the head. Why can I ship a lousy roll of toilet paper via FedEx or UPS and know where its at AT ALL TIMES and when it will be delivered, and yet I can't find out when a $45k (or more) car will be shipped or when it will arrive.

Why is this so **** difficult Ford?
Old 3/7/11, 11:30 AM
Cobra R Member

And you both have hit the nail on the head. Why can I ship a lousy roll of toilet paper via FedEx or UPS and know where its at AT ALL TIMES and when it will be delivered, and yet I can't find out when a $45k (or more) car will be shipped or when it will arrive.

Because they don't ship the cars with FedEx?
Old 3/7/11, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Vito, you kill me! That's probably why....maybe I should call up FedEx for a pickup, give them my credit card number and the cars VIN and have them pick it up.....hmmmmm. I know the location and the identification, how hard could it be?
Old 3/7/11, 11:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Vito, you kill me! That's probably why....maybe I should call up FedEx for a pickup, give them my credit card number and the cars VIN and have them pick it up.....hmmmmm. I know the location and the identification, how hard could it be?
You would have it by tomorrow morning
Old 3/7/11, 11:48 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

First of all good luck on your orders.
If the cars have been built already,the current ETAs of March shouldn't be that far off.

These cars are not shipped in cardboard boxes.
Railcars do not operate like UPS airplanes. Nor do tractor-trailer car carriers.
Ford has no reason to spend time and money on exact tracking for a few specialty car buyers when 99% of the other customers don't pay that much attention to such things.

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Because they don't ship the cars with FedEx
Exactly
Lastly, I feel your pain. I have waited for cars before.
I can remember 25 years ago waiting for a vehicle to be built for me IN Japan. Boy, did that take a while.
Old 3/7/11, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

karman, sure, but it doesn't explain why no updates and no cars. Load them, ship them, provide update in VVS. Any questions?

As for the ship dates not being far off, many on these boards are already a week past their ETAs at their dealers...

Again, the issue is: pretty much everyone understands that things happen and shipping can get delayed. What is unprofessional is the lack of ANY information as to why the cars continue to sit.

Funny thing is, my dealer received a 2012 GT 500 last week!
Old 3/7/11, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unless they shipped some last Friday after the 'OK to ship' was given, nothing is leaving Flat Rock until AAI reopens, hopefully next Monday the 14th.

edit: Look at the bright side - it gives our dealers another week to figure out how to install the TracKey software.

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 3/7/11 at 12:13 PM.
Old 3/7/11, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

So here's a question: do we have info that they did ship, but the VVS was not updated accordingly?

1FAFP90: was the OK To Buy/Ship order given?
Old 3/7/11, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

1FAFP90: was the OK To Buy/Ship order given?
I had heard there was going to be a meeting late last week to answer that 'ship' question. All signs were for a positive outcome. - then the news came about the Magna fire. I am hoping the OK to ship was given and some cars made it out, but I can't be sure. Until AAI reopens, nothing is moving to/from either VPC or AAI.
Old 3/7/11, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmmm. Perhaps a clue is the pics in the recent AAI photos thread, in which it was described that the lot that was full of Mustangs last week was nearly empty on Saturday.
Perhaps they got out? And the plant closure would explain no VVS updates I guess.
And I don't think that the Magna fire had any impact on the first two weeks of build.
Old 3/7/11, 12:45 PM
FR500 Member

This is EXACTLY as things happened past year. Until you get a truck/railcar number. There is NO information available, nor ETA that matters. There will be no confirmation as to reasons, only rumours and innuendo (if things really drag out)

Just accept it, as hard as that may be. Things haven't changed and they won't in time for you to benefit from it.

Sparky actually joined this forum after last year's fray spilled over onto BOF. thanks Sparky for helping us to see some of what goes on behind the curtain.
Old 3/7/11, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess from reading several threads and posts that collectively we don't know if any Bosses have ever been shipped.
Old 3/7/11, 03:02 PM
GT Member

In 2008 I ordered a new F150 and had no idea where it was till it showed. Funny how at the same time my son's girlfriend ordered a Mini Cooper. The salesman gave her information so she could watch on line the progress of the car from order to delivery. So at night she would get on line to see how it was doing. The technology is there and does not cost because someone at Ford knows the status. They just don't care if we or anyone else knows. we have become a society of you'll get it when I am **** well ready to give it to you.
Old 3/7/11, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

For the fun of it, I just checked the status of my car. It's still awaiting shipment and it was competed 3/3.
Old 3/7/11, 04:37 PM
V6 Member

I, too, followed the progress of my MINI Cooper on line, was able to find out the name of the ship it was placed on and believe it or not, the date and time the ship went through the Panama canal so I could watch on the canal's webcam. I knew when the ship docked in Port Hueneme (spelling?) in California and when it was placed on the car hauler to my dealership. My husband was at the dealership camera in hand when it was offloaded a few days later. Excessive. Yep. But I lost no sleep wondering where it was. If MINI can do it, Ford surely could if they wanted to.
Old 3/7/11, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I tracked my Porsche Spyder in much the same way.
Old 3/7/11, 05:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As compared to the 43 "unofficial" threads

I love Fords have driven them almost exclusive for most of my life. The truth is we all are a bit over anxious about getting our cars. That does not help the situation much but having said that we normally get much better communication from all sorts of retailers when ordering things at a fraction of the cost. While it is true that it is not a FedEx box you would think if they can track thousands of packages every hour Ford could track a few hundred cars a week.

One thing is for sure, writing about it here is not really helping out that much (except venting). One of the best ways to make changes is to let Ford know directly. Writing a letter or email to them would go a lot further then the posts here. I took a survey on the Ford.com website the other day and have been meaning to fire off an email about the subject.

Originally Posted by karman
Ford has no reason to spend time and money on exact tracking for a few specialty car buyers when 99% of the other customers don't pay that much attention to such things.
I don't know you and with all due respect this is why you can hardy buy anything made in this country anymore. On what planet (maybe only here) does Ford or any company "have no reason to spend money" on making a good customer satisfied so they return to buy you product again? I really do not understand your logic here.

Dealers are making $6300 per Boss 302 at MSRP, not sure what Ford is making per car. I don't think asking for a simple ETA is out of line when spending $8 at UPS gets me the same service. Ford spends hundreds of thousands of dollars advertising their products and not spending a few extra pennies to make people happy is not good business sense. I would think that is small business 101.

Again I do not know you but when I read the comment it comes across like you are doing me a favor selling me this car and taking my money - not like I am being treated like a valuable customer .... right or wrong that is how it comes across to me.

Disclaimer My dealer has been fair with me given what they have to work with.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/7/11 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread