Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/11, 08:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good laugh Mark.
I know you are siding with Ford Matt but all I am saying is after a couple of weeks Ford might let us as the people spending the money, in what month we might expect them to ship.
Old 3/9/11, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK good news.....I think

I got an update from my dealer this morning. Mine showed movement today which in this case is a good thing, as opposed to the movements we associate with Charmin.

Awaiting Shipment
Origin Received - F43 (Autoport Limited )
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-09-2011, 08:37 ET
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited )
Flat Rock, MI
Mar-09-2011, 06:58 ET
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Origin Received - Fct (Autoport Limited )
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-03-2011, 14:50 ET
Mar-19-2011
In Transit
Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing )
Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI
Mar-01-2011, 12:45 ET
Mar-19-2011
In Production
Produced
Autoalliance International Inc, MI
Mar-01-2011
Mar-19-2011

So does it look like it went to VPC??? Or is it actually done now???? Where's sparkomatic????
Old 3/9/11, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BossLS
I know you are siding with Ford Matt but all I am saying is after a couple of weeks Ford might let us as the people spending the money, in what month we might expect them to ship.
It's not so much that I am "siding" with Ford; I'm even "held hostage" (I'll explain below) by the same system.

I have been doing this for a while. I mean years. There are a lot of people here on this forum that have had their cars tracked by me before I stopped doing it, and they don't even know it was me doing it.

The reality is that is the process all new model launches go through. They get built, and are held pending various quality checks, and then any bugs found (if any) are worked out before being shipped to the customers. This is in opposition to the old method -- "ship it and let the dealer work it out". Because once it gets out to the dealers it's harder to control the quality of work.

The funny thing is that, believe it or not, sometimes too much information is a bad thing. Why? Well the problem is that some of you know that your cars are sitting waiting for the quality checks; it's driving you nuts which is why many of you are obsessively on the board. It's understandable, but at the same time obsessing doesn't help your mental health either. If the dealer had said "Your car will be here March 15th" and you didn't know it was built on Feb 14th you'd be a little less anxious I think.

At any rate, I'm not immune either. My dealer has 4 Mustang orders and 1 allocation this month (I'm #2). My car won't get serialized until sometime in April and I put my order in in January (to be honest, this was by design because I wanted a May delivery anyways). The funny thing is, another dealer just as close to me has 2 allocations this week and only has one order (which will likely be the car of another member on this board). Not that I like it, but **** happens.
Old 3/9/11, 09:40 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
OK good news.....I think

I got an update from my dealer this morning. Mine showed movement today which in this case is a good thing, as opposed to the movements we associate with Charmin.

Awaiting Shipment
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
In Transit
Mar-19-2011
In Production
Produced
Mar-01-2011
Mar-19-2011

So does it look like it went to VPC??? Or is it actually done now???? Where's sparkomatic????
I don't know for sure at all, but to me it looks like your stripes are done.
Old 3/9/11, 09:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well it verifies what Matt was telling us that just because the assembly line is shut down this week, it doesn't mean that all of AAI is shut down.
Old 3/9/11, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Matt, those are all great points that you make, especially about the too much info possibly being a bad thing.

On the other hand, there is also the issue of folks getting a delivery date (which is clearly key information), which then passes by with zero knowledge of why it happened. And that is unacceptable from Ford; and Ford should thank heavens that they have customers who obsessively check forums regarding their cars. In the language of sales, we are "influencers".
Old 3/9/11, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Also received an update this morning (0947 ET):
"Awaiting Shipment," "Origin Received-Tp27 (Autoport Limited)," "Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI." ETA is still this Saturday, the 12th.
Old 3/9/11, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - F43 (Autoport Limited )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Mar-09-2011, 08:37 ET Mar-19-2011

Awaiting Shipment Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited )Flat Rock, MI
Mar-09-2011, 06:58 ET Mar-19-2011

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Fct (Autoport Limited )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-03-2011, 14:50 ET Mar-19-2011

In Transit Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing )Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI
Mar-01-2011, 12:45 ET Mar-19-2011

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc, MI
Mar-01-2011 Mar-19-2011
I'm no expert, but I compared your notes with the example Sparky posted. Using "Returned to plant" as a reference point, your next step would be a railcar Anyone else see what I'm seeing? This assumes all use the same identical steps.
Old 3/9/11, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Also received an update this morning (0947 ET):
"Awaiting Shipment," "Origin Received-Tp27 (Autoport Limited)," "Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI." ETA is still this Saturday, the 12th.
What was your build day? I'm just wondering if ours are at the same stage. Mine's been at Ramp 5P twice now so am thinking it's been striped and ready to go, but what do I know.
Old 3/9/11, 10:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
I'm no expert, but I compared your notes with the example Sparky posted. Using "Returned to plant" as a reference point, your next step would be a railcar Anyone else see what I'm seeing? This assumes all use the same identical steps.
Even if you say you're no expert, I like your opinion on this one. I'm going with it. Ok, see you guys later, I need to get back to Candyland now.

Last edited by cloud9; 3/9/11 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spellin'
Old 3/9/11, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Cloud 9, mine showed as produced on 17 February. I never did get a "Returned to Plant". It was simply Released, then In Transit, Received-Rail, then what it says above.

There is something happening, we just don't know what it means. I'm just waiting for it to say "Shipped" with a rail car or truck number. It's all just BS until that occurs.
Old 3/9/11, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

By the way, if I remember correctly from my Shelby fiasco two years ago, Ramp 5P is where it gets loaded.
Old 3/9/11, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is what FCS said about my Boss. Last delivery date I was given was week of 3/8......

Hi John,

Hope all is well. I checked on your order again and it is still awaiting shipment. I don’t think they will ship this week, due to the Magna Plant fire, the Mustang plant is shut down this week. You should still check again on Wednesday, since I won’t be in the office on Monday or Tuesday.

Deysha
Old 3/9/11, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
By the way, if I remember correctly from my Shelby fiasco two years ago, Ramp 5P is where it gets loaded.
So basically you and everyone else who ordered a Boss wants to get loaded? Me too, and I haven't even ordered one...

-ace72
Old 3/9/11, 03:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I got a call from Ford CS today ....

Kinda hard to explain this in a post but here goes.

I called yesterday for an update, and was told it will arrive March 1 at the dealer. The girl on the phone was nice and agreed with me that did not make a lot of sense at this point. She told me she was going to elevate it and I should hear something back within 48 hours.

Today I got a call back from a different girl. We had a nice conversation.

It started out good, she said she checked into this and the car is being shipped to the dealer at this time and I should see it very soon.

Great, I asked, so it left the plant? She said yes in transit. So I asked, then you have a rail car number?

At this point she said no but it shows, in transit - ramp 51. I explained that is what it always said since it has been built. Like I said she was very nice and most likely not working with the best info, not her fault but I am guessing this is the line they are told to give out just to make people happy.

Anyway long story short, that is it, no rail car number, no additional info of any sort, just ramp 51. At this point we had a long talk about about keeping customers informed and I told her that I spend time on many forums. I explained to her that most of us are just looking for some kind of update, still saying the car will be at the dealer one week ago when it is clearly not there is not the best way to keep customers happy.

We talked about things I have read here and other places, I asked her to pass this on to her superiors and she agreed that was a good idea she would. I think Ford feels letting out too much info would make people upset or even mad about special holds, like Matt eluded to. My impression here is quite different, even if there is an indefinite hold I would rather hear that then a delivery date that is history, I think most of you would agree.

Anyway it was very nice to talk to someone that appeared to care and did not just answer things like "well that's the way it is" or something like that. I really felt like she wishes she could have been able to give me better answers but just plain did not have them.

At this point she said she was going to research this more and get back to me. So bottom line the car is most likely still there and no one has any idea when it will be released, which leaves me wondering where are all the Bosses, there are very few in the pictures our members took of the lots at AAI?

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/9/11 at 04:18 PM.
Old 3/9/11, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your rep did the best she could with the info she was given. I was most impressed that she called you !!

In a weird sort of way, I wish the expected shipping/eta dates were pessimistic by at least a week. That way my hopes won't get too high, and when they arrive "early" I get a nice surprise.

Just when you think it's over when cars get on railcars, we'll see posts like "why is the train in Kansas? I live on the east coast..." or "why did the railcar sit in Illinois for two days..." lol
Old 3/9/11, 06:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

OK to Buy Given!

Looks that way.

http://www.bossmustangperformance.co...01#entry263001
Old 3/9/11, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Just when you think it's over when cars get on railcars, we'll see posts like "why is the train in Kansas? I live on the east coast..." or "why did the railcar sit in Illinois for two days..." lol
Yep.

Or when it gets to a switching point where cars are unloaded and it sits for a day or two... or when it gets unloaded at the rail head and waits for a truck to come deliver it.

Been there. Got the t-shirt.
Old 3/9/11, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm still waiting for the first confirmed railcar number.
Old 3/9/11, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

OK good news.....I think

Awaiting Shipment
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
Awaiting Shipment
Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI
Mar-19-2011
In Transit
Mar-19-2011
In Production
Produced
Mar-01-2011
Mar-19-2011

Where does one get that information above? Is it generally available to anyone with a VIN or do you need to have an in with someone?

Quick Reply: The Official "Where are our Bosses? Thread