Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Official Boss Production Began Today!

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/11, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well my dealer called today, they checked the VV and the car is done, in the lot. Another person (outside the dealer) confirmed that it was in the body shop on Mon the 14th so that is close to what I posted about the guy from AFM. So it looks as mine, SWA737 and StillIntense are completed.

Not sure how long it will sit on the lot, they did not get a date at the dealer but CS said 3/1 for what that is worth.

On the convoy, they said the cars arrive on truck from (Tampa? He was unsure of the exact point) after they get off the train. So for this dealer at least, it is part truck and part train. He said most if not all the stickers say convoy but still arrive in this fashion.
Old 2/16/11, 02:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Well my dealer called today, they checked the VV and the car is done, in the lot. Another person (outside the dealer) confirmed that it was in the body shop on Mon the 14th so that is close to what I posted about the guy from AFM. So it looks as mine, SWA737 and StillIntense are completed.

Not sure how long it will sit on the lot, they did not get a date at the dealer but CS said 3/1 for what that is worth.

On the convoy, they said the cars arrive on truck from (Tampa? He was unsure of the exact point) after they get off the train. So for this dealer at least, it is part truck and part train. He said most if not all the stickers say convoy but still arrive in this fashion.
I recently tracked my wife's new 2011 from AAI to Wayne Akers Ford, Lake Worth, FL. Make sure you get the CSX railcar # when your Boss gets loaded on the train. While on the rails, you can call CSX Transportation (877-744-7279), pick option 5 for railcar information, then option 4 for locate, which connects you to the TouchTrace automated tracing system. Once connected to TouchTrace you say "location". It'll then ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) and then the numbers. Next say "done" when prompted, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar. Hope this helps you.
Old 2/16/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
I recently tracked my wife's new 2011 from AAI to Wayne Akers Ford, Lake Worth, FL. Make sure you get the CSX railcar # when your Boss gets loaded on the train. While on the rails, you can call CSX Transportation (877-744-7279), pick option 5 for railcar information, then option 4 for locate, which connects you to the TouchTrace automated tracing system. Once connected to TouchTrace you say "location". It'll then ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) and then the numbers. Next say "done" when prompted, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar. Hope this helps you.
Come on Steve, do you really think I am that crazy to do all that. OK I may call just to see if you posted the number correct but that is it ... well maybe go into the options since I went though the trouble of calling ... but not because I am crazy

Uh oh, Gotta go ten minutes to Judge Wapner, 4:30 Judge Wapner is on.....
Old 2/16/11, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Come on Steve, do you really think I am that crazy to do all that. OK I may call just to see if you posted the number correct but that is it ... well maybe go into the options since I went though the trouble of calling ... but not because I am crazy

Uh oh, Gotta go ten minutes to Judge Wapner, 4:30 Judge Wapner is on.....
Scott, It has nothing to do with you being crazy, or not, it's just that you won't sleep unless you know

..Arrived Walbridge, OH on 1/14 at 8:50am
Departed for Cincinnati, OH on 1/14 at 9:09am
Arrived at Cincinnati, OH on 1/14 at 8:02pm
Arrived at Louiville, KY on 1/15 at 9:05am
Departed for Wauhatchi, TN on 1/17 at 6:30am
Departed for Waycross, GA on 1/17 at 3:20pm
Arrived at Waycross, GA on 1/18 at 9:09am
Departed for Winston, FL on 1/19 at 12:14pm
Arrived at Winston, FL on 1/19 at 8:00pm
Empty Palm Center, FL on 1/20 at 4:06pm

I'm not crazy either!

BTW, from Palm Center (Jupiter), FL to the dealership was by truck, which took 2 more days. Your Boss will probably be unloaded from its railcar closer to Tampa.
Old 2/16/11, 03:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by SoFL05GT
I'm not crazy either!
Right, you're just obsessed like most of us!
Old 2/16/11, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Man that's awesome. Congrats
Old 2/17/11, 06:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Yup, mine is on the lot too. If past experience is any indication, the car will leave the lot (barring a QC hold that is) on Friday-ish. They could arrive in about two weeks to the east coast, but who knows.
Old 2/17/11, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats !!! I'd like to see the blood pressure for you three right about now!
Old 2/17/11, 09:05 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Congrats !!! I'd like to see the blood pressure for you three right about now!
My blood pressure reading just now was 444/302!!!!!!!
Old 2/17/11, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordering parts already, including the Boss 302R wheels and tires. That's how hard I'm leaning into this...
Old 2/17/11, 09:22 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Ordering parts already, including the Boss 302R wheels and tires. That's how hard I'm leaning into this...
The only part I've purchased is a license plate frame. LOL. I'm 3-4 months out from my Boss arriving but I'm hoping your cars arrive soon.
Old 2/17/11, 02:15 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Just a heads up and a few corrections.

For most destinations, it usually goes like this:
Convoy (Car Carrier from the plant to the rail head)
Rail (Train from the origin rail head to a regional one)
Convoy (Car carrier from the regional rail head to the dealership)

As for the ETA's, Ford's system spits out an automatic date 2 weeks from the car's build week. Which is not your build date. Notice how all of the 'build dates' listed are on Monday's... i.e. the beginning of the build week.

The date on the window sticker is not your build date.

Anyone who is getting their car built this first week of production, don't get too excited. Usually, when a 'new' model comes out and the cars have to wait for the OK To Ship (as stated earlier in this thread) those first cars get sent to back of the parking lot at the factory. Once they're released, the cars at the front (most recently built) get shipped out first and the cars that were built first have to wait to be shipped.

Is there anyone here that is scheduled to be built this week? With your VIN I might be able to tell you if it's actually been built.
Old 2/17/11, 02:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Just a heads up and a few corrections.

For most destinations, it usually goes like this:
Convoy (Car Carrier from the plant to the rail head)
Rail (Train from the origin rail head to a regional one)
Convoy (Car carrier from the regional rail head to the dealership)

As for the ETA's, Ford's system spits out an automatic date 2 weeks from the car's build week. Which is not your build date. Notice how all of the 'build dates' listed are on Monday's... i.e. the beginning of the build week.

The date on the window sticker is not your build date.

Anyone who is getting their car built this first week of production, don't get too excited. Usually, when a 'new' model comes out and the cars have to wait for the OK To Ship (as stated earlier in this thread) those first cars get sent to back of the parking lot at the factory. Once they're released, the cars at the front (most recently built) get shipped out first and the cars that were built first have to wait to be shipped.

Is there anyone here that is scheduled to be built this week? With your VIN I might be able to tell you if it's actually been built.

Mine is suppose to built this week. 1ZVBP8CU3C5200621
Old 2/17/11, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

My dealer told me that my 1/31 build date was bumped to 2/28 due to the AAI issue. I understand that window stickers become available in the week preceding the build week. Does the fact that I now have a window sticker mean that my build week is 2/21 and not 2/28? I'm another excited, neurotic update hound.

Thanks!

Alex
Old 2/17/11, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bossinator
According to the OASIS report:

PRE-PRODUCTION VIN - NOT YET PRODUCED

BUILD DATE:00/00/0000
So, it looks like it hasn't been built yet
Old 2/17/11, 03:23 PM
V6 Member

According to the OASIS report:

So, it looks like it hasn't been built yet
Thanks for looking.

I was told it was in the body shop yesterday.
Old 2/17/11, 03:27 PM
Banned

Thanks for looking.

It's in Trim Shop (where they put the interiors in)

BTW, the VV tracking system does show both "scheduled to week" then "scheduled to day". StD shows up closer to the build date.
Old 2/17/11, 03:39 PM

Thanks for looking.

It probably won't show up on OASIS until it's completely done.
Old 2/17/11, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice, that is the first LS sticker I have seen

My Boss had a sticker date of 15, according to the info passed on to me - 14 in body, 15 on trim, 16 out the door.

What does all the info mean in the box next to "final assembly point". I read something on it a while back but can not remember where.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 2/17/11 at 03:46 PM.
Old 2/17/11, 03:55 PM
Banned

It probably won't show up on OASIS until it's completely done.
When it's released to shipping.

Quick Reply: Official Boss Production Began Today!