Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

No Sync in the Boss 302?!?!? WHAT?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/11, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the thing for me. I would love to have the toys in this car. It's something that would definitely make it better for my own personal preferences..and I understand to each his own. But like 4pipes said, my right foot will provide all the toy satisfaction that I need in a Mustang :-)
Old 2/2/11, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

If you want toys, buy a GT and load it up!
Old 2/2/11, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I had this problem.
Old 2/2/11, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Vito
Wow??
Why wow?

Last thing I need while going around the track is extra buttons to hit on the steering wheel and have SYNC start talking to me.

Additionally, I don't know if Sync is built into the radio or not, but I'm sure it has at least its own wiring, I don't need the wait, the car (and me) are fat enough.

Next you guys are going to be asking for heated seats.
Old 2/2/11, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

I'd be happy if they left out the radio and the a/c. If it was an option I would have done it. Still hoping I can get a rear seat delete package, since I couldn't get an LS
Old 2/2/11, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
If you want toys, buy a GT and load it up!
Precisely! That's why you can option a GT out to near the same price as a Boss.

My GT was expensive, but then it also has every option you can get except for the nav (which SYNC has anyway through your phone) and the Glass roof.

I specifically purchased my first Corvette as a 1LT "stripper" model because I intended on tracking it. Less weight etc.

If you're complaining about lack of amenities in the Boss, you don't "get it."
Old 2/2/11, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

just seemed like this thread could use a little more !'s and ?'s

it is hard to please everyone. you could imagine there were some on the team that were lobbying to offer the car without a radio altogether...or A/C.

I'm on the side of less stuff / less weight. last year I stripped the a/c and radio out of my boxster (along with about another 200 lbs) and it was the best thing that ever happened to the car. less weight makes every performance attribute better. beyond that, I ended up 'enjoying' the car more...the sounds (motor, road, you name it), the feel...because there were fewer distractions. again, depends on what you're looking for, but I think folks may find the simplicity liberating.
Old 2/2/11, 05:00 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Why would the Boss boys need sync, nav, heated seats, or any other creature comforts? The Boss is based on the basic GT not the Premium, plus the performance upgrades which is one of the reasons why its price is not higher. Frankly, I am surprised Ford even gave the Boss a passenger seat.
Old 2/2/11, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
Sad part is alot of people will buy a Boss and not even use it for what its intended for. Shame, shame, shame!
I will very much do that. It's exactly what suits me. You see Mustang GTs everywhere, I hate that. I like having something different. I like that I won't have to do immediate exhaust work to make it actually sound like it should. I would spend just as much on a GT and then have to instantly change something about it. I'm much happier not having to do that.

Will I track it? Possibly. But it will by no means be the majority purpose of this car for me. I've already had an 06 GT with everything available then and put a blower on it, so I need something different now. And this just so happens to be exactly my ticket for that.

Now my only unanswered problem is whether or not to get the recaros or not. Auto show in a couple weeks will hopefully answer that for me
Old 2/2/11, 06:24 PM

I want the Boss302LS for the handling and ajility(SP) he lack of Nav and sinc save no weight. They would still have been nice. I don't think Ford is going to have a hard time at sale. This is strickly a performance version of the Stang. I am like everyone else right now, what are the performance #s. If the GT500 #s are still better the Boss will have missed the target. My LS302 is 48+alittle msrp. We will all see at the same time.Where is my car ....
Old 2/2/11, 06:54 PM
V6 Member

Give me the sound of the pipes running full out. Down shifting. Slide the turn. Full pedal. Upshift.. Ahhhhhh - sweet music......
Old 2/2/11, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

I would have liked Ford to offer more OPITIONS (as in choices to add or not), because I will be DDing mine. I don't plan on mashing the gas pedal at every stoplight and it would've been nice to enjoy some modern day technology when not listening to the exhaust, IMO.

Before you spank me for my opinion, don't most race cars ride on trailers to the track?

Now you can spank--->
LQQK
Old 2/2/11, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
Sad part is alot of people will buy a Boss and not even use it for what its intended for. Shame, shame, shame!
Short of rain or snow, I plan on driving the crap out of it every chance I get. Street & Track
Old 2/2/11, 07:54 PM
GT Member

I can see Ford not including SYNC and Nav for the sake of price and not intruding too much on GT500 territory, but the thing I wish they included was the MyColor dash lights. I realize that's sort of a gimmicky feature, but I think it sounds really cool (haven't actually seen it), and it couldn't possibly weigh or cost much, right?

I am a little surprised that the LS anyway has AC, as I'm sure most who want something like the LS could live without it.
Old 2/2/11, 07:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
If you want sync in your boss 302 you are missing the point of the car.
Are you buying one? I would like SYNC and I'm NOT missing the point of the car. It would add negligible weight and be safer when driving on public roads which most of us will do. Plus it will be easier to communicate with my pit crew while tracking the car.
Old 2/2/11, 08:38 PM

IMO you don't need the SYNC on the Boss.
Old 2/2/11, 10:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cinque35
The '93 CobraR didn't even have a radio or power windows..

That was 1993 not 2011. No reason why they couldn't have put Sync in. I have a feeling most of these Boss Mustangs will be primarily street driven and with the hands free laws required in many states Sync is a no brainer.

Last edited by bpmurr; 2/2/11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jlmounce
Precisely! That's why you can option a GT out to near the same price as a Boss.

My GT was expensive, but then it also has every option you can get except for the nav (which SYNC has anyway through your phone) and the Glass roof.

I specifically purchased my first Corvette as a 1LT "stripper" model because I intended on tracking it. Less weight etc.

If you're complaining about lack of amenities in the Boss, you don't "get it."
Actually you don't get it. While I understand the intent of the Boss some things should just be common place in a car in 2011. What you fail to mention is you can't get a GT with Boss performance. I mean you can get all the tech in a V6 so I guess we should just be happy with that using your logic?
Old 2/2/11, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Actually you don't get it. While I understand the intent of the Boss some things should just be common place in a car in 2011. What you fail to mention is you can't get a GT with Boss performance. I mean you can get all the tech in a V6 so I guess we should just be happy with that using your logic?
I understand what you're saying, but if you look at the lineage of cars that the Boss represents, it's lack of amenities makes perfect sense.

None of the "R" code mustangs of the past had radios period. Many of the Boss mustangs from yesteryear didn't either.

The Boss Mustang, whether we like it or not is marketed as an enthusiast car that will be worked hard, on a track. The fact is there's no time on track to be using this feature.

If you read the Boss sections of many of the web forums, you'll see that a good percentage of people that already have them on order are road-racers and auto-x'ers with intention on tracking them. Many are current or former "R" owners. This car is marketed towards them, not John Q Public that wants a street car with a cushy suspension, navigation, bluetooth etc.

And lets be serious, if you're going to use the car in a manor that you are needing a pit-crew that you communicate with, you aren't going to be using a bluetooth phone system from a factory car. In fact, if you're at that level, the radio will have been pulled out anyway for weight and rule book considerations.

I know guys that run NASA TT, Spec 944, CMC, AI and AIX and guess what. Not a single one of them has a pit crew other than themselves and maybe a buddy or family member that tags along.

In regards to performance figures, the aftermarket sees to that. If you want the afore mentioned cushy ride with all the niceties, you're better off with the GT and hoping it up the way you want. The car in stock form is still likely more car than most of the posters in this thread (myself included) can squeeze all the performance from.

Last edited by jlmounce; 2/2/11 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 11:08 PM
GT Member

I dunno, I think (I THINK) the boss is sill mostly a street car with its intended purpose to be used (at a higher percentage) on the street. I think its target crowd is those who enjoy driving and the fundamentals of driving. Those of us who enjoy driving can still find twisty, cop free public roads (I can)...or unleash max power on an onramp. If it were a ready racer then where are the roll cages, 5pt harness's, airbag delete, safety cutoff features...etc? Here are some examples though, check out their list of goodies!
FR500-BOSS302S
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11687
FR500C
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=8643

Just, saying....the boss will be awesome, but everyone has their own idea of awesome...some want sync and some think that destroys it. Did you see the first link FR500-Boss comes with GPS??? Haha, AIM data acquisition system with GPS...

Quick Reply: No Sync in the Boss 302?!?!? WHAT?!?!?