Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

New Boss Owner Here...

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/11, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Boss Owner Here...

Hey guys.. new Boss owner here. Picked it up at the end of April, and I have been combing through the boards since then. This looked like the best one so I thought I needed to bite the bullet and join. Got car number 280 its performance white, picked it up straight off the showroom floor . Im really enjoying it, and was wondering if you guys have any tips for a new Boss owner. Still haven't had a chance to wax it yet, but am planning to monday when im off of work. Got any recs. for a good wax, and avoid the vinyl when waxing right ?
Old 6/4/11, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to TMS and the BOSS corner!
Old 6/4/11, 03:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by boss280
...picked it up straight off the showroom floor .
Congrats! What options? Were you in the market or was it just to good to pass up once you saw it? Post up some pics.
Old 6/4/11, 03:12 PM

It was more or less an impulse buy, was down there having my '09 GT serviced saw it and bought it. It didn't come with any options, but I've already ordered a few. Ordered the gauge pod, a few other things and I'm waiting on the Trackey before I modify the engine. Anyone know if I can order the Recaros through Ford, or is that something I would go through them to buy ? Looking to add the Recaro seats, and some harnesses ASAP.
Old 6/4/11, 09:51 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boss280
It was more or less an impulse buy, was down there having my '09 GT serviced saw it and bought it. It didn't come with any options, but I've already ordered a few. Ordered the gauge pod, a few other things and I'm waiting on the Trackey before I modify the engine. Anyone know if I can order the Recaros through Ford, or is that something I would go through them to buy ? Looking to add the Recaro seats, and some harnesses ASAP.
I think you can order them through the frpp catalog if im not mistaken...
Old 6/4/11, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I have become a huge fan of the Croftgate detailing products after stumbling on to a recommendation on TMS somewhere. I bought the sample pack and was hooked.
Old 6/5/11, 04:32 PM
Rom
V6 Member

welcome! Boss 194 here, Recaros are absolutely awesome. as far as waxing the easy way, I chose and use Meguiars, the whole line. all perfect. there are better waxes out there but Meguiars is really easy to apply and work in. enjoy
Old 6/5/11, 08:44 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on your Boss!

Use wide painter's masking tape on the black plastic rocker strip and back bumper to avoid getting wax on it.

B-
Old 6/7/11, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

i'm an Adams man myself on waxing products, i have had the need to break out the buffer on the boss yet, but i have the adams line of polishes i used to keep the 10 swirl free and the machine super wax you apply with the buffer is bad ***. i have a coat of adams americana on the car now and it looks great. two coats of it is a strong as a single coat of machine super wax and the stuff is easy to remove if you don't apply it too thick. its not cheap stuff at $70 for the paste tub, but it take so little to do the deed it will last for ever. ive put two coats on the wife's edge, put four on my 10, and one on the boss and you cant tell the tub has been used.