Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

My Track Attack day

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/11, 08:30 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't watched Scott's ride along with Charlie yet but I will. I rode with Joe and Byron and they were two different styles. Byron used all the track and then some. In the video I'll post after editing I comment to him about being a drifting champion! Joe was smoother and went DEEP into the corners before braking. With track pads our cars have pretty good brakes. At one time or another I had all four instructors in the car with me and all four were very good at teaching the finer points of driving fast.
Old 9/2/11, 08:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoCalBoss
For those who did the Track Attack this week, what were your experiences like? How did day 2 go?
I tried to keep an open mind and realize I can still learn a lot. I think the instructors were great and the whole program was very well run. That said, I have done some intermediate schools prior to this, so I would have liked a little more advanced class. I still walked away learning a few things I can do to make me faster on the track. The problem is they have to set the program to a level where someone with no track experience can enjoy it and those with experience can enjoy it as well. I think they did a pretty good job making that compromise.

Day 2 was cool because we drove a real race car. I was thinking it was going to be more of just an open track day, but it was basically Day Two of the school. While I would have had more fun if it was just an open track day, I wouldn't have learned as much. The FR500S is a very capable track car for a shorter more technical track. If I was on a power track like BIR, I'd rather have my Boss. Both are great track cars!
Old 9/2/11, 02:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I almost forgot, the best part of Day 2 was playing cat and mouse with roketman!
Old 9/2/11, 11:12 PM
Cobra R Member

As the classes filled before I could confirm my schedule, do we know when the next set of dates will be released?
Old 9/3/11, 06:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
As the classes filled before I could confirm my schedule, do we know when the next set of dates will be released?
Best thing to do is call or email Bryan.
Old 9/19/11, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2

I've created a signup sheet for anyone who contacts me that allows me to enter data into the system in advance in anticipation of the release. If you have not already been in contact with a sales guy at MMP please send an email to me at bsamuels@millermotorsportspark.com and I'll get these finished as I am able.

It's been a very busy month away from the park...I've only had 6 days not occupied between the Sturgis Mustang Rally, the Grand Am event at Mid-Ohio, doing the Yamaha Champions Riding School on site and Barrett-Jackson in Vegas to close the month. As such please be patient if you don't hear from me immediately, but I will get you the signup form soon as I can...thanks!

Bryan
Old 9/19/11, 09:42 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Boss Bry @ MMP
I've created a signup sheet for anyone who contacts me that allows me to enter data into the system in advance in anticipation of the release. If you have not already been in contact with a sales guy at MMP please send an email to me at bsamuels@millermotorsportspark.com and I'll get these finished as I am able.

It's been a very busy month away from the park...I've only had 6 days not occupied between the Sturgis Mustang Rally, the Grand Am event at Mid-Ohio, doing the Yamaha Champions Riding School on site and Barrett-Jackson in Vegas to close the month. As such please be patient if you don't hear from me immediately, but I will get you the signup form soon as I can...thanks!

Bryan
Bryan, have you seen this thread where people are posting their preferred weeks for taking the course?