Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

My Laguna Seca now looks like a Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/11, 10:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Vito
You had a courtesy delivery? The only other thing I can think of is contacting Ford racing
Yep, there was a little mix up where the car was supposed to be delivered.

I'll have to give FCS a call on Monday and get this taken care of.
Old 6/3/11, 10:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI

Yep, there was a little mix up where the car was supposed to be delivered.

I'll have to give FCS a call on Monday and get this taken care of.
Fingers crossed
Old 6/21/11, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Got my kit last Friday so that's been taken care of. I had several different people working on finding it but I think it was Deysha that hit the home run!

I've started to put on everything but taking my time so I don't mess anything up. It's supposed to rain here all week anyway.

Did you guys install your brake cooling kit yet? I remember several people talking about the horn and the windshield washing fluid reservoir being in the way of the hoses. I did some creative adjustment to the horn bracket so I don't think that will be a problem. I spent a couple of hours trying different things to shim out the reservoir but kept running into problems. I ended up bolting it back up in the stock location.

Hopefully I'll wrap every thing up in the next couple of days.
Old 6/21/11, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
I finally installed the big splitter this morning.
imo, it looks good, like a Laguna should.

For someone like me with limited wrench-turning skills, it wasn't a hard job at all.

I assume the bracket that holds the two rods was already installed? Or did you have to install it?
Old 6/21/11, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zrtcatman
I assume the bracket that holds the two rods was already installed? Or did you have to install it?
The upper bracket inside the bumper was already installed. I am not sure if all Bosses have this bracket, or just the Laguna Models.
Old 6/21/11, 12:56 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
Got my kit last Friday so that's been taken care of. I had several different people working on finding it but I think it was Deysha that hit the home run!

I've started to put on everything but taking my time so I don't mess anything up. It's supposed to rain here all week anyway.

Did you guys install your brake cooling kit yet? I remember several people talking about the horn and the windshield washing fluid reservoir being in the way of the hoses. I did some creative adjustment to the horn bracket so I don't think that will be a problem. I spent a couple of hours trying different things to shim out the reservoir but kept running into problems. I ended up bolting it back up in the stock location.

Hopefully I'll wrap every thing up in the next couple of days.
Step 1: drain reservoir
Step 2: verify location of washer pump pickup - make sure it's away from the duct area
Step 3: If Step 2 works out, apply heat gun to spot where you want more room
Step 4: 'remold' the tank to your needs.
Step 5: ????
Step 6: Profit!
Old 6/21/11, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
The upper bracket inside the bumper was already installed. I am not sure if all Bosses have this bracket, or just the Laguna Models.
Question since I haven,t got my boss yet! The upper bracket that was already installed,can it be installed without removing the bumper cover or do you have to remove it?

Jim
Old 6/21/11, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zrtcatman
Question since I haven,t got my boss yet! The upper bracket that was already installed,can it be installed without removing the bumper cover or do you have to remove it?

Jim
Not sure about the regular Boss but mine had rubber plugs that can be removed. Then you have a straight shot to the bumper. I haven't installed the struts yet so I haven't seen if the tapped holes are in the bumper or somekind of bracket.