Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

My color in the boss???

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 02:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My color in the boss???

Ok i know ive read about this subject somewhere once already but how or can you achieve getting the my color function in a 2013 boss? I know the functionality is there because i ran my battery dwn at a car show the other day and when we hooked jumper cables up to the car, when i turned her on the tach side of the gauge display was in multi colors and the speedo was in varying shades of blue. Once the battery had enough charge on it, say like 2-3 mins and i started the car they all reset to the normal color. I tried searching this forum and one other for the thread i remember reading but to no avail. So i figured id ask here and see if anybody knows how or if its possible to make this work like it does in other gt models.
Old 8/10/13, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3741.0
Old 8/10/13, 07:55 AM
V6 Member

Thanks thats the info i was looking for i think.
Old 8/10/13, 11:02 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this. Roll the drivers side window down and close the door. As you open the door look at the dash it will flash multiple colors only for a second. Seems to me the capability is there.
Old 8/11/13, 07:40 PM
Cobra Member

The LEDs are in the dash, but the electronics to change it aren't present. With a GT wiring harness and the rest, I'm sure you could get it working, but why? Might as well add the running pony projector lamps too.

Pericak told everyone that anything that didn't add to performance would be omitted, everything from the base V6 parts bin. Sure I wish it had a better stereo or other options, but I can live with it as is.

Now if I hit powerball, I'd get myself a home made Boss 302 'vert, with a fat roll cage.
Old 8/11/13, 11:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
The LEDs are in the dash, but the electronics to change it aren't present. With a GT wiring harness and the rest, I'm sure you could get it working, but why? Might as well add the running pony projector lamps too.

Pericak told everyone that anything that didn't add to performance would be omitted, everything from the base V6 parts bin. Sure I wish it had a better stereo or other options, but I can live with it as is.

Now if I hit powerball, I'd get myself a home made Boss 302 'vert, with a fat roll cage.
Hell yea vert boss!!! Im all over it!! Id also love it if my boss was convertible, thatd be freakin sweet! I love my car as is , but if i can change it to have more lights or different lights i will!!
Old 8/12/13, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

Good luck on your research, you figure the mycolor feature really can't hinder performance, so why not. So glad we got Sync & Bluetooth for the '13s, the HIDs and the new tail lamps were just a bonus.
Old 8/12/13, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
...Now if I hit powerball, I'd get myself a home made Boss 302 'vert, with a fat roll cage.
Originally Posted by Hillbillyred
Hell yea vert boss!!! Im all over it!! Id also love it if my boss was convertible, thatd be freakin sweet! I love my car as is , but if i can change it to have more lights or different lights i will!!
saw this at the AmericanMuscle show yesterday...
Attached Thumbnails My color in the boss???-dscn1075.jpg  
Old 8/12/13, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Had to be gotta hate it green, ugh. I can try and appreciate a well executed clone, but the shiny 5.0 badges poking through the Boss stripes just don't do it for me... Wonder if it was a Ford Racing Boss motor in that engine bay?
Old 8/13/13, 08:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Originally Posted by chorse

I was wondering about that car myself! Did you talk to the owner? You should have met up with us TMSers at noon. :-)
Old 8/14/13, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Had to be gotta hate it green, ugh. I can try and appreciate a well executed clone, but the shiny 5.0 badges poking through the Boss stripes just don't do it for me... Wonder if it was a Ford Racing Boss motor in that engine bay?
ouch, i guess i shouldn't expect a friendly wave from you if we ever happen to see each other at an intersection, me in my GHIG BOSS and you in your RR BOSS huh?

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I was wondering about that car myself! Did you talk to the owner? You should have met up with us TMSers at noon. :-)
owner wasn't there at the time and unfortunately i did not take a pic of the engine bay, can't remember what mods if any were done. i was unaware of the noon TMS call, next time around. i noticed "the5" member posted a video thread of the AM show on the 2010-2014 Mustang section, i'll be posting pix on it shortly, it was a great show!
Old 8/14/13, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That thing was an abomination, it had the intake and what not so I am sure it looked to be a Boss clone.
Old 8/15/13, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

ouch, i guess i shouldn't expect a friendly wave from you if we ever happen to see each other at an intersection, me in my GHIG BOSS and you in your RR BOSS huh?

owner wasn't there at the time and unfortunately i did not take a pic of the engine bay, can't remember what mods if any were done. i was unaware of the noon TMS call, next time around. i noticed "the5" member posted a video thread of the AM show on the 2010-2014 Mustang section, i'll be posting pix on it shortly, it was a great show!
I wave at all cool Musangs, even GHIG. Sorry, it's my least fav color of any Mustang, just being honest. Saw a GHIG 5.0 at the corner gas station today as I drove by in my Boss. Had the wave/thumbs up ready but the guy never turned around. Saw a new GT500 vert today that had the perf pack, and a light bar and red stripes. As long as you love your color, that's all that counts. If it was available I would have ordered a SGM Boss, or a Kona blue, but neither was offered for 2013 so settled on RR.