2012-2013 BOSS 302

MRT Boss LS video

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/11, 07:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MJockey
Did any one notice the miss shift in video 1? He hit 3rd when going for 5th while getting onto the highway. I wounder if the short shifter helped with some of the vagueness in the stock shifter?

The second thing that jump out at me was, Holy High Oil Pressure Batman! 90psi at 2000 rpm????
I would have expected 20 -30 psi at 2000 rpm. That seems way to high.
i had a 5.0 for a week last year and i really liked the shifter. in the test car it had very short and precise throws, i thought it was much better than the 5-speed in my 10.
Old 4/17/11, 07:30 PM

A couple of things,First this car is NOT a Pre Production car!??Second ALL the suspension and exhaust mods have been tested on other cars and test cars.They are very successful in their function.Also I know the wheels will be exchanged for the Boss 302S wheels in black.If you have ever driven a car done by MRT you would be aware of the quality work done there.Scott has several Ford Pattents and I am guessing he is using proven and successful mods.I also note that outside of the red roof being painted, ALL the changes can be reinstalled in less than a day.no racial slurs please you can reinstall the red parts.In reading all the forums ,it was noted that 76% thought the red was way over the top and unattractive.That some one likes or disslikes the factory colors is certainly a matter of personal taste.Personally I think the car red or orange with white stipes looks like a dream sicle(?) on four wheels! Honestly, I think all the colors are cool.Note ,if you are getting a LS change the tires ASAP,they last mabey 5000miles and are $2500!!Again that would be a change from the factory....One more thing the MRT H pipe does increase the power 22-25 hp....it works as good as it sounds.Also remember when you lower a car you need to change the factory panhard bar to an adjustable one.

Last edited by future9er24; 4/17/11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: racial slurs
Old 4/17/11, 07:31 PM

Oh yeh,the Barton shifter is AWSOME !!!!
Old 4/17/11, 07:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Old 4/17/11, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by txclyde1
A couple of things,First this car is NOT a Pre Production car!??Second ALL the suspension and exhaust mods have been tested on other cars and test cars.They are very successful in their function.Also I know the wheels will be exchanged for the Boss 302S wheels in black.If you have ever driven a car done by MRT you would be aware of the quality work done there.Scott has several Ford Pattents and I am guessing he is using proven and successful mods.I also note that outside of the red roof being painted, ALL the changes can be reinstalled in less than a day.So if you really feel like a Hungarian Gypsy you can reinstall the red parts.In reading all the forums ,it was noted that 76% thought the red was way over the top and unattractive.That some one likes or disslikes the factory colors is certainly a matter of personal taste.Personally I think the car red or orange with white stipes looks like a dream sicle(?) on four wheels! Honestly, I think all the colors are cool.Note ,if you are getting a LS change the tires ASAP,they last mabey 5000miles and are $2500!!Again that would be a change from the factory....One more thing the MRT H pipe does increase the power 22-25 hp....it works as good as it sounds.Also remember when you lower a car you need to change the factory panhard bar to an adjustable one.
is that plate what all Michigan plates look like? with the "M" i mean. most of the ford owned test cars i have seen say manufacturer on them, but considering all the differences on that car and the fact that i have seen images around of a similar car if not that same car and it was assumed to be a ford test vehicle, i think that was a safe assumption. if this dude has close ties to ford i think he could certainly get hands on an early pre-production ride and pre-production is anything that didn't roll off the assembly line.

im calling that one as i see it, the car appears at first glance to be a black gt with boss stripes. nothing on that car cant be bought aftermarket right now. and whether or not it is a pre-production car or just one an owner tweaked has no bearing on this topic. ford often takes whatever car they have sitting around in engineering and crams parts into it from future vehicles. i had a raptor for a week with a 10 body and an 11 engine so i know it happens if for some reason they need test rides and the actual thing isn't available.
Old 4/17/11, 08:20 PM

Old 4/17/11, 08:26 PM

Trust me that car is not a PP car.Again again, no slurs please sans roof!!,can be put back on.

Last edited by future9er24; 4/17/11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: same
Old 4/17/11, 08:29 PM
Cobra R Member

When I grow up I want to be like you
Old 4/17/11, 08:53 PM

Ok,thanks.........but why would you want to be 4'11" ,have a unibrow,6th grade education(repeated twice),4 teeth,iguana breath,and two different size feet??
Old 4/17/11, 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

I think you're selling yourself short
Old 4/17/11, 09:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SELL ME YOUR WARES, GYPSY!
Old 4/18/11, 07:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Scott Hoag was a former Mustang engineer and his company, Mustang Racing Technologies, has been in business since early 2003, I believe.

The car in the video had a window sticker and what looked like factory plastic coverings on the steering wheel. Regardless of what you think about the changes, he is a trustworthy individual who works with Ford on some projects and modifies customer cars as per individual requests. He also is a road racer, as mentioned in a previous post.

The beauty of the Mustang continues to be "customize to your liking". By the way, I presume that any aftermarket modifications to the exhaust will be an interesting challenge because of the quad set-up. I also assume that the "race car" sound differences will be seen over the RPM range, especially when near the upper ranges.

s197ford, I do like the inventiveness of the quad system. I assume that is patented or will be, correct?

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 4/18/11 at 08:12 AM.
Old 4/18/11, 08:48 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso

s197ford, I do like the inventiveness of the quad system. I assume that is patented or will be, correct?
I am sure it wasn't the first use, but back in the 80's and 90's all the Player's/GM Series Camaros and Firebirds came from the factory with quad exhaust. They were a blast to play with.
Old 4/18/11, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks

I am sure it wasn't the first use, but back in the 80's and 90's all the Player's/GM Series Camaros and Firebirds came from the factory with quad exhaust. They were a blast to play with.
Links?