2012-2013 BOSS 302

Latest track outing, a-arms no good

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/12, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest track outing, a-arms no good

I've noticed over the last couple months my a-arms pop on occasion. took the car to the track and noticed they got much worse, i've really got to take the car in for the TSB now. the car would pop on turn in in hard corners and when it did the rear would get loose a bit, it was particularly bad until the weather warmed up. you can hear the pop in the video in some places.

ECR Boss 302s Fightin' traffic - YouTube
"> ECR Boss 302s Fightin' traffic - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="384">

Towards the end of the session you can see a porsche gt3 on hoosire slicks come out of no where and a friend in a prepped m3 come by. That KB car in front of me is a boss 302. the session was black flagged for a bit after that miata spun and couldn't fire back up.

edit: IDK why video embed isn't working correctly anymore.

Last edited by ShaneM; 2/27/12 at 07:39 AM.
Old 2/27/12, 11:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneM
I've noticed over the last couple months my a-arms pop on occasion. took the car to the track and noticed they got much worse, i've really got to take the car in for the TSB now. the car would pop on turn in in hard corners and when it did the rear would get loose a bit, it was particularly bad until the weather warmed up. you can hear the pop in the video in some places.

ECR Boss 302s Fightin' traffic - YouTube">ECR Boss 302s Fightin' traffic - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="384">

Towards the end of the session you can see a porsche gt3 on hoosire slicks come out of no where and a friend in a prepped m3 come by. That KB car in front of me is a boss 302. the session was black flagged for a bit after that miata spun and couldn't fire back up.

edit: IDK why video embed isn't working correctly anymore.
Can't watch the videos until later, but I had what I thought was front LCA rear bushing failure, turned out it was just the front swaybar mounts at the subframe (not the end links).

OK I watched, could hear what you are talking about. Do yourself a favor and check out the front mounting points on the front swaybar (where the bushings are), make sure they are torqued properly. OR just take it to the dealer and have them put the chassis ears on it to pinpoint it for sure.

Looked like you guys were moving quick out there!

Last edited by 06GT; 2/27/12 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2/27/12, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new vid finally uploaded: