Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

If I would not have gotten my Boss...

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/13, 07:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have gone for the brand new Genesis, was looking for a track car. So glad I didn't settle for the Hyundai, though they do look good. I just wouldn't be happy driving it.
Old 4/10/13, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
There are WAY to many shamaro lovers on this thread!!!!! If I didn't buy a Mustang it sure as hell wouldn't be a POS shamaro!!! Just saying!
LOL. I've had the good fortune to have enjoyed a few different makes of cars ranging from 66 and 69 GTOs to a 93 5 spd Mustang GT vert to a 2000 6 spd SS camaro and to presently my Boss. Honestly, I'd have to say the LS1 engine was a great motor. It flew and really responded well to simple bolt ons. I had that SS from the show room to 70k on the ticker and I would never call it a piece of ****. And for the record, I felt the 93 GT was a waste of my time. Now I don't know how tunable the ZL1 is but it's a lot of car stock for $$$ and dealers are certainly willing to move on them in my area. The Challenger SRT 392 6 spd had my attention too but I felt between the price tag, quality control issues, and virtually no tunability to it, it was not a good buy. Love my Boss and look forward to every turn of the key. That being said, if I didn't buy a Boss I'd probably be sittin in a ZL1. I've never felt "locked" down to a certain car maker. I'm free to buy what I desire to drive at any given moment. Which in the future could be a 2014 Z28...

Last edited by BadBoss1930; 4/10/13 at 10:08 PM.
Old 4/11/13, 10:49 AM
GT Member

I'd have a 12' STI as my DD & a Built Lightning. I had sold my old Fox & was going to sell my current daily, a 03' SVT Focus, to finance a new Subie & have JDM build me a motor with the money from selling both my other cars. Couldn't resist the Boss thought lol.

Last edited by MustangBillJr; 4/11/13 at 10:52 AM.
Old 4/11/13, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BadBoss1930
LOL. I've had the good fortune to have enjoyed a few different makes of cars ranging from 66 and 69 GTOs to a 93 5 spd Mustang GT vert to a 2000 6 spd SS camaro and to presently my Boss. Honestly, I'd have to say the LS1 engine was a great motor. It flew and really responded well to simple bolt ons. I had that SS from the show room to 70k on the ticker and I would never call it a piece of ****. And for the record, I felt the 93 GT was a waste of my time. Now I don't know how tunable the ZL1 is but it's a lot of car stock for $$$ and dealers are certainly willing to move on them in my area. The Challenger SRT 392 6 spd had my attention too but I felt between the price tag, quality control issues, and virtually no tunability to it, it was not a good buy. Love my Boss and look forward to every turn of the key. That being said, if I didn't buy a Boss I'd probably be sittin in a ZL1. I've never felt "locked" down to a certain car maker. I'm free to buy what I desire to drive at any given moment. Which in the future could be a 2014 Z28...
Never under estimate the competition that ZL1 is no joke. If it had been out when I was shopping it would have been a hard choice but I probably still would have gone with the Boss. I like the looks better and the Boss is a more unique/desirable car IMO. Plus I like the idea of being able to upgrade to make the car better...and I just don't see as much potential to improve in the ZL1.

The challenger SRT is too much of a boat to be considered competition.
Old 4/11/13, 06:28 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Another shamaro lover puhleeezzze!!! I'm just shocked at all the fickle fence sittin posers here!!!
Old 4/11/13, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you like only one make of car, what do you do when all they make is crap? I look for the best car out there, at a price I can afford. If the ZL1 was the same price as the Boss, I might have bought it instead. I like the fact you can get a sunroof and nav with the Chevy. The 2nd to 3rd shifting issue is to me, a big negative for the Boss. If it happened with a focus SE or something like that, where high revs are not needed, that would be totally different. To allow a car like the Boss to leave the factory with the clutch/shifting problems is un acceptable. This might be my last Ford.
Old 4/14/13, 08:44 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Dayve
If you like only one make of car, what do you do when all they make is crap? I look for the best car out there, at a price I can afford. If the ZL1 was the same price as the Boss, I might have bought it instead. I like the fact you can get a sunroof and nav with the Chevy. The 2nd to 3rd shifting issue is to me, a big negative for the Boss. If it happened with a focus SE or something like that, where high revs are not needed, that would be totally different. To allow a car like the Boss to leave the factory with the clutch/shifting problems is un acceptable. This might be my last Ford.
IMO Ford doesn't make crap!!! I even like the Ford Transit!
Old 4/14/13, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I never said Ford makes crap. I said if you only like one car maker, unless it is Lambo or Ferrari, they all go through periods where they produce less than desirable cars.

Dave
Old 4/14/13, 09:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Dayve
If you like only one make of car, what do you do when all they make is crap?
Technically you didn't say Ford but maybe implied?!? I don't feel this way about Ford IMHO!
Old 4/15/13, 05:15 AM
RTD
GT Member

I'm 39 years old and have been a car guy since my early teens. It's good to see the Ford vs Chevy wars are still heated, lol.

I was a Chevy guy back in the day. I had a 1969, 1972, and 1998 Camaro. The 1998 car had heads, cam, headers, gears, etc.

The reason I bought the Boss was because I test drove a 2011 Camaro and I felt like I was sitting in a cave I literally couldn't see **** behind me or to either side. The lack of visibility made it downright scary. I don't care how much power the car has or how well it handles, if you can't see out of it what good is it. If they fix the visibility issue in the next gen Camaro I'd consider it along with the next Mustang.
Old 4/15/13, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Another shamaro lover puhleeezzze!!! I'm just shocked at all the fickle fence sittin posers here!!!
Somebody needs to lay off the blue oval flavored Kool-Aid.
Old 4/15/13, 08:42 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Musta converted a lot of em when they realized they couldn't see out of the camaro
Old 4/18/13, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If Ford can offer as many variants of the Mustang as Porsche the 911, they have me as a repeat buyer for life.
Old 4/23/13, 04:14 PM

IMO Ford doesn't make crap!!! I even like the Ford Transit!
LOL I drive a Transit Connect as a DD/work, company vehicle, and let me tell you it IS a POS!
Old 4/24/13, 08:14 AM

2011+ shelby! I had an 08 and it was an awesome car.
Old 9/19/13, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I would probably only drive three Mustangs, the Boss, that orange 07 PJ edition, and a Green Bullitt.

Dave
Old 9/19/13, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadBoss1930
I agree 100%. I have been more on the Ford side of the fence over the years but I have never underestimated the ability of GM or Dodge. I am a muscle car fan. From 65 to 70 they made some cool machines that will never be made again so what we have now brings that era back but better in a lot of ways. I currently own a 68 GTO,70 Mavrerick drag racer,and my 13 Boss.
Old 9/19/13, 10:40 PM

I would've just put it toward my down payment on my house. Silicon Valley real estate is ridiculous
Old 9/20/13, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

For the price of the Boss I would have bought 2 original muscle cars. Probably a 69 Mach 1 and a 70 Challenger. They wouldn't be big blocks or show ready at that price but 2 nice examples could be had for 45k.
Old 9/23/13, 03:41 AM
GT Member

I've been lured into GM cars time to time over the years, some of their models are unique and very cool. I even did a stint as a GM technician trainer for a while. One thing is consistent, many of their designs are awesome, but the execution sucks. Their cars literally fall apart as you drive them. Rattles, squeaks, and strange failures have plagued the GM cars I have owned. I kind of figured that out in the 60's and 70's when they couldn't get the case hardening right on a camshaft for 10+ years. Yet despite all the bashing I get from the GM people I get about Ford, my cars have been rock solid, dependable, well built cars. I don't mind having to put a MGW shifter in a car brand new, is it right, no. But at least I'm not dealing with electrical gremlins like the Corvette which some idiot engineer decided to put the PCM directly BELOW the leaky side post battery! I'm done with GM, no matter how pretty they look.

Quick Reply: If I would not have gotten my Boss...