Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

How many Keys do you get?

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/11, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
The point is you car stealers don't TELL the consumer this up front.

Didn't know I was required to...?

Sync phone? Check
Clean for delivery? Check
Full tank of Fuel? Check

I just read over Ford's delivery checklist and it doesn't say anything about mentioning a 3rd key. Weird.

I never said anything about giving did I?

Yes you did. Lie much? I quoted you AGAIN below in case you missed your original post OR the first time I quoted you.

I've read this issue several times on several different (brand) forums. MANY people are unaware. Its a scam to sneakily steal from the consumer rather than at the time of the close saying, btw...

The sky isn't falling Chicken Little. News flash: I don't care if/when someone buys a 3rd, 4th, fifth key etc. I'm sure the dealer would LOVE to make a few extra bucks selling extra keys to every new car customer. Why keep it a secret?

What you are reading on forums is people who are frustrated at their own ignorance on their ability to buy a key BEFORE they lose one, frustrated that they lost it in the first place, and frustrated that it costs money to have a service performed.

A blank key cost me $25 and my locksmith charged me $10. You car salesman suckheads charge a couple hundred after the fact for your blank and "programming". What a joke.
Sorry my technicians don't work for free. Most have families to provide for. Fortunately for you our free enterprise system affords you the ability to shop for a lower price if you choose

Biggest screw job ever. The dealer should give you 3 but they don't. They conveniently fail to tell the consumer this.

Get a blank off ebay and have it cut asap. Cause it takes 2 to SELF program another. (See your owners manual.) If you lose one of your two with your new car, you're screwed and have to get another one through the dealer - and it ain't cheap. I damaged one of my girl friends Jeep keys back in 07 and it cost me $180 bucks!

Now, for all my new cars, I immediately get a blank off ebay ($10-25), have it cut at the locksmith ($10), and hide it. That way if I lose my keys, I still have 2 sets and can SELF program a replacement.
Originally Posted by Big Vito
I can ask for a third key at delivery fir how much$
Depends on which PATS key you want. A basic key with no fob is much cheaper than the one with the integrated fob. If you ask your dealer nicely they may be willing to "throw it in" with the sale
Old 4/15/11, 02:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can ask for a third key at delivery fir how much$
Dealers generally charge 75-100 for a non-integrated key, not sure how much for one with the flob. Going to have to spring for an extra Redkey since I doubt they will show on eBay anytime soon. My dealer would not add a extra key for me in both deals I just made. I bought my own and the day I picked up the car they did cut it for me and I programmed them before I left the lot.

You best bet is just to get a key from Amazon or eBay, much cheaper to keep as an extra Pats key (not Trackey). There are handheld programmers out there that can make keys if you get into a jam but many work well on Toyota's and other foreign cars but not so well on Fords. The Pats system is pretty secure on Fords so if you get a programmer make sure you ask if it will work on Ford's Pats system.

This is one reason Fords are stolen less

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 4/15/11 at 02:52 PM.
Old 4/15/11, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

But whwere do you buy 3rd keys?

Originally Posted by LQQK
Does anyone have a trusted LINK or BM store for a KEY?

No one has responded to this question posted yesterday.

Is there a site that someone has dealt with in the past and they provided the correct key at a reasonable price; and

what kind of key do you look for to be for sale? A PATS key?

I did find this site that described the procedure to program a PATS key...clearly explained.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/54...-pats-key.html

I also found this site for sales of Transponder keys and remotes.
http://www.remotesandkeys.com/search...s.asp?cat=4084

Do you need both the remote fob and the key......or just the key?

Thanks
Old 4/15/11, 04:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Never mind....
Old 4/15/11, 04:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
No one has responded to this question posted yesterday.

Is there a site that someone has dealt with in the past and they provided the correct key at a reasonable price; and

what kind of key do you look for to be for sale? A PATS key?

I did find this site that described the procedure to program a PATS key...clearly explained.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/54...-pats-key.html

I also found this site for sales of Transponder keys and remotes.
http://www.remotesandkeys.com/search...s.asp?cat=4084

Do you need both the remote fob and the key......or just the key?

Thanks
You can find the keys anywhere, just search the sites I mentioned to find the best price. last time I bought some I got them from
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chapstick4 this seller. When my father thought he did not receive them he offered to send out new ones again. With luck my father he had misplaced them and I was able to cancel the replacements.

Any Pats key that works on any later model Fords will work on the Boss but check with the seller as I do not have a part number. The shape will most likely tell you it is correct. The key I just used to make a spare for the Boss is the same as a key I just made for a 2010 F150.

Programming the Flob is a totally separate issue, You can get one if you use the non-flob key every day like me, if it is a spare then no you do not need it. They can be programed at different times.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 4/15/11 at 05:26 PM.
Old 4/15/11, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
You can find the keys anywhere, just search the sites I mentioned to find the best price. last time I bought some I got them from
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chapstick4 this seller. When my father thought he did not receive them he offered to send out new ones again. With luck my father he had misplaced them and I was able to cancel the replacements.

Any Pats key that works on any later model Fords will work on the Boss but check with the seller as I do not have a part number. The shape will most likely tell you it is correct. The key I just used to make a spare for the Boss is the same as a key I just made for an 2010 F150.

Programming the Flob is a totally separate issue, You can get one if you use the non-flob key every day like me, if it is a spare then no you do not need it. They can be programed at different times.
So is there's no difference between the 2005 - 2010 key and our 2012 mustang key? When I search for 2012 mustang PATs key, nothing comes up.
Old 4/15/11, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MJockey
So is there's no difference between the 2005 - 2010 key and our 2012 mustang key? When I search for 2012 mustang PATs key, nothing comes up.
Correct but check with the seller. I had a few uncut keys, all the same, cut one for a friend's 06 F150, another one for an Explorer, my 10 F150, my 08 Mustang and the 12 Boss.
Old 4/15/11, 08:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
What are you, an uneducated crybaby consumer?

You are so lost it's comical. Not everyone wants/needs a third key.
Funny - I could smell your used car salesman turds a mile away.

It's clear what you think of customers.

Sure - no one needs a third key - until Dealer thieves have them over a barrel.

[I never said anything about giving did I?]

My bad - I didn't mean give as in N/C. I meant provide - as in inform and make the option available.

If myself - and many friends - like many on this & other forums - had been informed ahead of time by a conscientious salesman (not that you know what that means), then I would have paid a REASONABLE fee for a 3rd set when I took delivery.

But not the few hundred bucks you screw people out of - its just a damm key you know??

Car hacks - I don't know what is worse, that most are thieves, or their attitude towards customers - who's commissions pay for their houses.

30 years in sales and I am so proud I have no car hack slime on my reputation!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/17/11 at 12:39 AM.
Old 4/25/11, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Funny - I could smell your used car salesman turds a mile away.

It's clear what you think of customers.

See "President's Award, below.

Sure - no one needs a third key - until Dealer thieves have them over a barrel.

[I never said anything about giving did I?]

My bad - I didn't mean give as in N/C. I meant provide - as in inform and make the option available.

Lie? Double-talk? Back-Peddle? Who sounds like a "used car salesman"?

If myself - and many friends - like many on this & other forums - had been informed ahead of time by a conscientious salesman (not that you know what that means), then I would have paid a REASONABLE fee for a 3rd set when I took delivery.

Typical of what's wrong in society; blame others for your own ignorance.

But not the few hundred bucks you screw people out of - its just a damm key you know??

Maybe you should sell them...?

Car hacks - I don't know what is worse, that most are thieves, or their attitude towards customers - who's commissions pay for their houses.

30 years in sales and I am so proud I have no car hack slime on my reputation!

I work for the top Ford dealer in my state and we just earned the President's Award, i.e. customer satisfaction and sales were at the top of our group. I don't need any advice from a lying double-talking idiot such as yourself to "teach" me anything. You obviously have little to no business sense and definitely no first-hand knowledge other than your own ignorance/irresponsibility regarding your own key that you apparently can't keep track of.

I am no hack and am proud of what I have accomplished in my profession. I have made a lot of friends and earned many loyal customers for life.

PS - I don't think you could make it selling cars for me. You lie and double-talk too much, and your back-peddling is weak at best.

Have a good day
Old 4/25/11, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
I work for the top Ford dealer in my state and we just earned the President's Award, i.e. customer satisfaction and sales were at the top of our group. I don't need any advice from a lying double-talking idiot such as yourself to "teach" me anything. You obviously have little to no business sense and definitely no first-hand knowledge other than your own ignorance/irresponsibility regarding your own key that you apparently can't keep track of.

I am no hack and am proud of what I have accomplished in my profession. I have made a lot of friends and earned many loyal customers for life.

PS - I don't think you could make it selling cars for me. You lie and double-talk too much, and your back-peddling is weak at best.

Have a good day
This thread died 10 days ago, why keep feeding the fire over a dam key. Be the better person!

Dave
Old 4/25/11, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
This thread died 10 days ago, why keep feeding the fire over a dam key. Be the better person!

Dave
Old 4/25/11, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Eh you guys are right. I just get really fired up when someone who doesn't know me calls into question my business practices and/or ethics. I take what I do very seriously and am proud of the way I do it.

cdynaco - have at it
Old 4/26/11, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
last time I bought some I got them from
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chapstick4 this seller
I sent an email to the seller and he replied:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
""I do not have my books on the 2012 models and Have not seen one in person yet so I am not sure what key it uses. When you get your keys let me know what letters are on the blades of the keys and I will let you know which keys you need.""
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do all BOSS keys have the same letters on them, if yes can you share what they are so I can order a set?

LQQK
Old 4/26/11, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

This is the key I bought and it worked fine in the Boss.
Old 4/26/11, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, I just ordered 2.
Old 4/26/11, 03:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Great you didn't have to order me one
Old 4/26/11, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Great you didn't have to order me one
SORRY-->

One is for the Wife-->

One for hiding under car-->

I'm keeping the Black key-->& the RED key-->
Old 4/26/11, 03:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Do you have to have an account on eBay to buy them?
Old 4/26/11, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Do you have to have an account on eBay to buy them?
Yes, you have to register. I paid with PP.
Old 4/26/11, 03:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Yes, you have to register. I paid with PP.
Bugger,
Thanks I have an account from years ago doubt it works . Registering is simple

Last edited by Big Vito; 4/26/11 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: How many Keys do you get?