Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
anyone ever look at edmunds?
Too blurry!!!
Old 1/31/12, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll take my chances with my regular Boss over the Buick!

My 86 GT had a MSRP of 11k back in the day. I estimate it is probably worth 7k now or about 63% of original value. I'd be thrilled if the Boss is worth the same in 25 years.
Old 1/31/12, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

Disgree with you guys and believe if not beat to death,close to original as possible, and if Ford stays at the projected numbers produced,.... that these cars will be very collectable.....specially since technoligy will eventually phase out the V8......also because it was a step outside the box by one of the biggest makes to make a track ready car.....and because of the lack of tech gadgetry to do so will make it valuable.....my opinion and also a major insurance company that insures the classics.
Old 1/31/12, 04:39 PM
Cobra R Member

A car's value is always determined by what someone is willing to pay. I have no idea if values in the future will go up. But in the case of the LS the fact that it was built in such limited numbers could help become collectible. 1500 LS's over it's 2 year model run is a very small number of cars. When compared to a GT500 that has build numbers of over 5000 per year you can see which car would have a better chance of retaining value or increasing in value.
Old 1/31/12, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

i was being sarcastic, i absolutely know these cars are collectible and expect all of the numbers to be. Hell people are still getting slightly less than sticker on trade and private sales. and i know a guy that got sticker on trade fro another car. the best used price i have seen was only a few grande under $40k in a world where cars drive off the lot and lose 20k in value, being able to put several thousand miles on the clock and only take a hit of a few grand or not lose anything says a lot about what the market outside of us hard core guys and the auto industry thinks.
Old 1/31/12, 10:44 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Too blurry!!!
click on them and they get bigger and not blurry
Old 1/31/12, 10:46 PM
Banned

click on them and they get bigger and not blurry
I'm on the iPhone app. Enlarging them didn't clear them up.
Old 1/31/12, 10:54 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

BOSS 302

Depreciation

$10,049

Mustang GT premium

Depreciation

$3,573

V6 mustang

Depreciation

$4,767
Old 1/31/12, 10:55 PM
Banned

BOSS 302

Depreciation

$10,049

Mustang GT premium

Depreciation

$3,573

V6 mustang

Depreciation

$4,767
Expected. Good thing I buy cars to drive them.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 1/31/12 at 10:56 PM.
Old 1/31/12, 10:56 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Expected. Good thing I buy cars to drive.

and gt500

Last edited by Flagstang; 1/31/12 at 10:59 PM.
Old 1/31/12, 10:59 PM
Banned

Those are viewable. Judging by those insurance numbers, I'm not getting screwed as much as I thought.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 1/31/12 at 11:02 PM.
Old 1/31/12, 11:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

sweet
Old 2/1/12, 01:43 AM
V6 Member

Probably the same depreciation values as the original Boss compared to the plain Jane model, it was made to be thrashed more, and it reflects in resale........and some will be...expect insurance rates to go up as well....The 012/013 Boss was stated from Ford as a dual purpose track/road car...with a big slant towards track.....I would expect a first big hit....but for the same reasons of its uniqueness......(come on has any of the big three ever made a car that comes with after market racing parts,and a supplemental booklet to track prep your car?)..... Its totally logical these cars will be collectable....and that first dip in depreciation when they are still in showrooms, compared to the plentyfull Cobras, or the usually less thrashed GT will be very biased in the Bosses favor...Unless they are a dime a dozen.....Yes performance wise,....you can buy a standard GT....mod it, in fact make it a even more track worthy car than a Boss....But it didnt come that way....and thats the point, and thats what will make it collectable.

Last edited by cf6mech; 2/1/12 at 01:56 AM.
Old 2/1/12, 02:00 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

cobra jet.. that ugly charger car they put out two or three years ago. Yeah lots of factory race cars and drag cars. infact they have been doing that since the 1960s. Its nothing new.. ever seen a 1993 cobra r?? the overly sexy 2000 cobra r?

Last edited by Flagstang; 2/1/12 at 02:02 AM.
Old 2/1/12, 02:41 AM
Cobra Member

idk where they got their numbers, from all indications of the cars i have seen sold and traded, the depreciation is nothing like that. I assume those to be estimates.
Old 2/1/12, 03:23 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
The LS will probably be collectible. That's if Ford doesn't top it by a newer and better LS. The regular Boss will follow the rest of the line and not be as desirable. I'm sure that there are many people waiting for the resales to drop so they can get a used one. Just like the Shelby's. If its not a really special edition these days, the classics of today will still remain the collectors cars of the future.
Old 2/1/12, 04:08 AM
V6 Member

cobra jet.. that ugly charger car they put out two or three years ago. Yeah lots of factory race cars and drag cars. infact they have been doing that since the 1960s. Its nothing new.. ever seen a 1993 cobra r?? the overly sexy 2000 cobra r?
Produced for general sales by the manufacturer,not SVT,AMG,Shelby etc....as a model....not talking cars with serial numbers.....but VINS. Im kind of getting your down on the Boss for some reason.....do you really feel people will stop collecting and valueing cars in the future?.....what better car than the one we are talking about , its struck a huge chord with every and any review you read.....with limited production......and not many going to be left stock......many going to see serious damage,.....if not completely destroyed.....the survivors will be collectable.....its ridiculous to think otherwise in my opinion.

Last edited by cf6mech; 2/1/12 at 04:37 AM.
Old 2/1/12, 09:27 AM
V6 Member

People that don't see the LS as being collectible do not understand the market place. For example- how many 2 seat mustangs have you seen? Green cars on the horizon. Government regulations. Low production. Etc.
Old 2/1/12, 05:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by cf6mech
Produced for general sales by the manufacturer,not SVT,AMG,Shelby etc....as a model....not talking cars with serial numbers.....but VINS. Im kind of getting your down on the Boss for some reason.....do you really feel people will stop collecting and valueing cars in the future?.....what better car than the one we are talking about , its struck a huge chord with every and any review you read.....with limited production......and not many going to be left stock......many going to see serious damage,.....if not completely destroyed.....the survivors will be collectable.....its ridiculous to think otherwise in my opinion.
so you are saying a boss isnt a svt/ford racing car? BTW the boss has a serial number. Not down on the boss just showing facts.. im not a gt500 owner so get over and more on from that. Cars in the future will not be collectable. That whole oil thing will make a far smaller market then it is currently. The LS may have value in the future or it may not. The standard/base boss will not. I think we will see the value of the boss hold some what like the 03-04 cobra until gas hits five dollars or higher. But then again the 03-04 cobra was a really good car for the time. The boss is a good car but its in good company as of late. I also feel the new gt500 will steal alot of the hype around the boss.
Old 2/1/12, 05:20 PM
GT Member

so you are saying a boss isnt a svt/ford racing car? BTW the boss has a serial number. Not down on the boss just showing facts.. im not a gt500 owner so get over and more on from that. Cars in the future will not be collectable. That whole oil thing will make a far smaller market then it is currently. The LS may have value in the future or it may not. The standard/base boss will not. I think we will see the value of the boss hold some what like the 03-04 cobra until gas hits five dollars or higher. But then again the 03-04 cobra was a really good car for the time. The boss is a good car but its in good company as of late. I also feel the new gt500 will steal alot of the hype around the boss.
The Boss is not an SVT product.........Ford dealers do not need an SVT franchise to sell it. If you think the price of gas will cause values to go down then the 60's and early 70's cars should have died when unleaded and 4 cyl mustangs came out. I wish I could figure out why there is a multitude of Boss owners that think they have bought a car that wont appreciate. NO its not going to in the next 5-10 years but neither did the older muscle cars..........it takes time and not 50 years so most of us will see the rise of value..............arguing is fruitless because in all reality none of us know........but i like the odds here.

Quick Reply: Hagerty predicts this year's future classics