Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/10, 07:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
What you conveniently left out on your narrative is the fact many members seeked you for help in getting GTs and GT500s both in demand at the time and you flat out refused while gloating and advertising your dealer's inventory and glorifying ADMs. Many of your posts were a tease unlike other members associated with Ford dealers who truly went out of their way to help many fellow members realize their dreams at reasonable prices. They helped, you bragged. There are enthusiasts and then there are used car salemen.
Wow, really? I'm not a salesman. I work at a Ford dealership, but I am not a salesman, so I'm not in a position to help anyone "realize their dreams," as you put it. I'm not here on the forums to sell anything to anyone. I'm a Mustang enthusiast first and foremost and am on these forums to share info back and forth. The fact that I work at a Ford dealership puts me in a position to offer more information than the average enthusiast sometimes.

As for your comments about the introduction of 2005 Mustang GT's, the dealer I work for sold our first wave of them (in late 2004) at $1K over invoice, which was about $1K below MSRP. Most other dealers were gouging for 2nd stickers over MSRP, so even when we bumped our price up to MSRP we were still much cheaper than most dealers. And, as for GT500's introduction back in 2006, we priced our 2007's $10K-$15K lower than most of the dealers in our area, prompting many dealers to call us (and our zone office) to complain that we were selling them too cheap and hurting their ability to make a quick buck.
Old 11/1/10, 07:51 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Whammer has a point with reference to your comments. Sure, he is emotional and you cashed in on the opportunity to take a shot at him in favor of dealers as if they need it.

Look, I'm sure Whammer's a good guy, but here's my issue with him...
  1. He went around getting on multiple dealers' Boss 302 lists. This hurts other Boss 302 customesr by artificially inflating demand. Increased perceived demand sends the wrong signal to dealers and Ford and prompts ADM's that otherwise wouldn't happen.
  2. He's bragging now in this thread that he is #1 on his dealer's Boss 302 list even though he doesn't even know if he wants a Boss 302. There are hard core Boss 302 enthusiasts that want one no matter what, so to lock up a #1 spot with a customer who doesn't even know if he wants the **** car isn't right, IMO.
  3. He got defensive claiming that his deal with his dealer is his business and nobody else's, yet here he is with a thread dedicated to his deal with his dealer for all the world to read about. So, which is it?
  4. He has condemned dealers who are looking to make any money above MSRP. I'm not a fan of dealers who ask for ADM's, either. However, Whammer made comments about "selling" his #1 spot on his dealer's Boss 302 list for $10K. Sounded hypocritical to me, so I called him out on it. In retrospect, he says he was kidding about that point.
Again, I'm sure that otherwise, Whammer's a good guy. However, us Mustang enthusiasts are a passionate group and that passion often gets the best of us.
Old 11/1/10, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it would be nice, and totally impossible, to have some kind of stardardized process on ordering.
Old 11/1/10, 10:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Look, I'm sure Whammer's a good guy, but here's my issue with him...
  1. He went around getting on multiple dealers' Boss 302 lists. This hurts other Boss 302 customesr by artificially inflating demand. Increased perceived demand sends the wrong signal to dealers and Ford and prompts ADM's that otherwise wouldn't happen.
  2. He's bragging now in this thread that he is #1 on his dealer's Boss 302 list even though he doesn't even know if he wants a Boss 302. There are hard core Boss 302 enthusiasts that want one no matter what, so to lock up a #1 spot with a customer who doesn't even know if he wants the **** car isn't right, IMO.
  3. He got defensive claiming that his deal with his dealer is his business and nobody else's, yet here he is with a thread dedicated to his deal with his dealer for all the world to read about. So, which is it?
  4. He has condemned dealers who are looking to make any money above MSRP. I'm not a fan of dealers who ask for ADM's, either. However, Whammer made comments about "selling" his #1 spot on his dealer's Boss 302 list for $10K. Sounded hypocritical to me, so I called him out on it. In retrospect, he says he was kidding about that point.
Again, I'm sure that otherwise, Whammer's a good guy. However, us Mustang enthusiasts are a passionate group and that passion often gets the best of us.
Well, well, well....so you DO have a problem with me. Despite the fact that you sent me some PM's to try and smooth things over (a month or so ago) yet you still harbor ill will.
This is CLASSIC passive-aggressive behavior.

You got some "issues" pal and you might want to get some help for them.
NOTHING I have done in regards to trying to obtain a Boss 302 is wrong, or evil, or dirty.
There are others on the dealers list for getting a Boss and if I drop out then they move up on the list and they will be thrilled.

I have been trying to keep avoid commenting about you Brian, and know others don't want to read it (of course there are also those who love this stuff). I'm not interested in the slightest in what you have to say, and your "insider" info is not very good (no 2012 GT500 LOL!!!).
In future I will ignore you completely and I suggest you do likewise with me.
Old 11/1/10, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Whammer, Five Oh Brian, if you two don't cut it out I'm turning this car around and we're going home and nobody is getting any ice cream! I've had it up to here (points to forehead) with your bickering! And quit kicking the back of my seat!
Old 11/1/10, 10:44 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

I'll do it too! You don't think I will, just watch me! Because I'd love to!
Old 11/1/10, 10:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
popcorn

I want some
Old 11/1/10, 11:23 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
This is CLASSIC passive-aggressive behavior.
You should drop that line friend. You're sounding like millions of ex-wives with their psycho babble.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/1/10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11/1/10, 11:55 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11/1/10, 11:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Old 11/1/10, 12:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Tripp just doesn't understand...
Attached Images  
Old 11/1/10, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

wow JUST wow.....
Old 11/1/10, 02:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by atrain1975
Whammer, Five Oh Brian, if you two don't cut it out I'm turning this car around and we're going home and nobody is getting any ice cream! I've had it up to here (points to forehead) with your bickering! And quit kicking the back of my seat!
Old 11/1/10, 02:05 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm out for getting a Boss.

I've been looking at lots of cars and looking at lots of options and I feel the best fit for me is staying with my 08 GT500. I'm turning it into a Super Snake. There is a Shelby Mod shop 1/2 hour from me and I went there today and put down my deposit.
The car should go in at the end of the month and then 6 weeks later a Super Snake will be dropped off at my door!

I wish everyone the best who's getting a Boss and I'm sure the car will be awesome and you'll love it! I look forward to reading all of the details.
Old 11/1/10, 02:09 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Attached Thumbnails Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1-ford-427.jpg  

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/1/10 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11/1/10, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm out for getting a Boss.

I've been looking at lots of cars and looking at lots of options and I feel the best fit for me is staying with my 08 GT500. I'm turning it into a Super Snake. There is a Shelby Mod shop 1/2 hour from me and I went there today and put down my deposit.
The car should go in at the end of the month and then 6 weeks later a Super Snake will be dropped off at my door!

I wish everyone the best who's getting a Boss and I'm sure the car will be awesome and you'll love it! I look forward to reading all of the details.
Given your requirements, that sounds like an excellent choice. By the way, the Super Snake in the '07-'09 body style looks excellent! I actually like it a bit better than the '10+ Super Snake, although I wouldn't toss one out of the garage. Good luck!
Old 11/1/10, 03:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
What color is your '08 Whammer? Just curious as I'm trying to imagine it in Super Snake form.
Old 11/1/10, 03:08 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... I feel the best fit for me is staying with my 08 GT500. I'm turning it into a Super Snake. There is a Shelby Mod shop 1/2 hour from me and I went there today and put down my deposit...
What's the cost for the conversion and what's the exterior/stripes color combo on your GT500?
Old 11/1/10, 03:19 PM
Cobra R Member

What's the cost for the conversion and what's the exterior/stripes color combo on your GT500?

Conversion cost is 34k, that's for 725hp kenne bell SC , 30k gets a 605hp FRPP SC. The only stripe color is black.

I'll post a youtube video link of a Super Snake that mine will look like.
Old 11/1/10, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Here's a link to what my car will look like-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99j_...eature=related

I chose black brake calibers with red lettering- they won't stand out as much and won't take as much attention away from the white paint. I also went with 1/4 window scoops as instead of having them blacked out like the car in the video.

Quick Reply: Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1