Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/10, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
This. And I think Brian went out of his way to explicitly convey that he was not trying to start an argument. He was just curious about your logic bro.

Naw, he was taking a shot at me. When he says I don't have "enough passion" for the car, etc. You think a dealer cares about that???
My dealer has at least 2 other guys on his list, so if I pass on getting the Boss then someone else is going to jump in and get it. A car dealer wants to move cars, they don't care who it is who is buying them.

I'm not the only guy out there wanting more info about the car. There are lot's of guys counting their pennies to see if they can swing getting one and they'd like to know just what the cost will be. In the next few weeks much more will be known but I think Ford has handled this badly. There is no reason not to have more info out by now.
Old 10/28/10, 04:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Naw, he was taking a shot at me. When he says I don't have "enough passion" for the car, etc.
Come on Wham, he said
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Just clarifying your position; not judging.
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Just my opinion; carry on....
he's just disagreeing with you and wants you to explain yourself that's all
Old 10/28/10, 04:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jedikd
I thought nobody cared about the boss anymore lol
What is this crazy talk?
Old 10/28/10, 05:07 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... You think a dealer cares about that?
I would assume it is safe the answer is definite no and since the comment is primary based on dealer priority and not of a Mustang enthusiast you should not care either. Self appointed experts are dime a dozen in this joint. Besides, if he was not aware there is a GT500 forum at TMS he can not possibly know you, much less your passion.

I do know a little bit about it, don't I?

My opinion is, end the anxiety and get the SVTPP while you have the chance.
Old 10/28/10, 05:36 PM

I contacted my dealer last week and have not heard back from them. They asked me about the color at that time. I'm wondering if I'm even on a list... will call them tomorrow. With up to 4000 units for 2012, don't you think that a seriour buyer will be able to purchase one?? I don't have to be the first one in town to own a BOSS so I'm not going to pay over sticker for one. 2013 model year may be a better deal and a more reliable car.
Old 10/28/10, 09:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Stangfoeva,

Actually what Brian is doing is being passive-aggressive. He's attacking me on one hand and then saying he's "not judging". He says I'm not passionate enough about the car and then says "carry on".
Yeah right. He wants me to not take it personally, yet he's insulting me and making absolutely NO POINT in his post.

If you look at the topic of this thread it has do with my dealer being informed that they are getting a Boss 302. My dealer WANTS to do business with me. He would like to sell me a GT500 and if I'm not interested in that he was letting me know that I'm still #1 for the Boss if that is what I choose to buy. I posted this because members here are VERY INTERESTED in which dealers are getting a Boss.

The dealings between my dealer and myself are no one else's business. My dealer doesn't care which car I choose to buy. He's there to sell me a car- that's HIS business. They have put zero pressure on me to buy either car. When I'm ready to make a choice they will be there to work with me. I can't ask anything more from a dealer.
Perhaps Brian is jealous because I'm in a position to get a Boss and he can only dream about getting one?
Old 10/28/10, 10:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Buy this

Old 10/29/10, 05:21 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... He wants me to not take it personally, yet he's insulting me...
You should get on your knees, bow, and repent...IMMEDIATELY! Otherwise you can forget about getting a Christmas card.

Old 10/29/10, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Who cares? Some guy that you don't know said something you don't like in front of a group of other people you don't know and now we've all had to put up with two pages of you both whining about it. This thread is about the Boss allocations and maybe everyone else is enjoying your game of "no I'm not, you are" but I for one am tired of having to sift through all that crap to try to find something worthwhile. Let's get back on topic please. Not that all of the other posts about ya'll's argument, including this one are any more relevant.
Old 10/29/10, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ApexCars
Who cares? Some guy that you don't know said something you don't like in front of a group of other people you don't know and now we've all had to put up with two pages of you both whining about it. This thread is about the Boss allocations and maybe everyone else is enjoying your game of "no I'm not, you are" but I for one am tired of having to sift through all that crap to try to find something worthwhile. Let's get back on topic please. Not that all of the other posts about ya'll's argument, including this one are any more relevant.
Post # 1, Do you have anything constructive concerning the BOSS?

LQQK
Old 10/29/10, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I talked to a dealer today while on a trip to a city near where I live. I was told by the sales lady that yes, they will get one car. One person is on call for it. I asked what they would do if there were multiple interested parties. She indicated that the buyers would probably bid amounst themselves over it. I asked to be put on the contact list.
Old 10/29/10, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Sales manager at my dealership called me yesterday afternoon after speaking with their Ford rep. I understand that they were allocated four Boss 302s and have the option to obtain a Laguna Seca. He indicated that the dealership will likely decline to take the LS; he didn't elaborate on why. I'm in the D.C. metropolitan area.
Old 10/29/10, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Post # 1, Do you have anything constructive concerning the BOSS?

LQQK
A lot of speculation just like everyone else. I have talked to 3 different dealers in my area this week and all have told me that they can't order yet and don't know what their allocation will be. Last one did tell me that their dealership has never had ADM on any vehicle as long as he has been there. I asked how long he had been there and he said just over a year, so I am assuming he has no real clue. So no, not really.

But thanks for your post to call me out. It was very useful.
Old 10/29/10, 03:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by atrain1975
Sales manager at my dealership called me yesterday afternoon after speaking with their Ford rep. I understand that they were allocated four Boss 302s and have the option to obtain a Laguna Seca. He indicated that the dealership will likely decline to take the LS; he didn't elaborate on why. I'm in the D.C. metropolitan area.
I realize its good business by Ford to reward those dealers who have "produced" and delivered large number of Mustang sales but having been #1 on a waiting list of a small dealer who didn't get any and hearing 5 allocated to one dealer - I'm not at the moment a big fan of the allotment process. ( Yes I know being #1 on the list doesn't mean your going to get the car).

For those looking for a Boss - after three days of calling various dealers, I would recommend keep calling. Most, not all, of the dealers I talked to are looking at the Boss like when the Shelby was first introduced with very high expectations of "big bucks $$$$" pouring in.

Last edited by Ranger; 10/29/10 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 10/29/10, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hello to all!! I have been lurking for months and had a deposit for #1 on a Boss since August. Well the good news is I AM GETTING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dealer just emailed me and said both his stores are getting 1 for 2012...one is mine and the other is the owner of the dealership. BTW my car is scheduled for production in the 3rd quarter of 2011

Last edited by 12C/OBoss; 10/29/10 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Changed dates
Old 10/29/10, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Hello to all!! I have been lurking for months and had a deposit for #1 on a Boss since August. Well the good news is I AM GETTING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dealer just emailed me and said both his stores are getting 1 for 2012...one is mine and the other is the owner of the dealership. BTW my car is scheduled for production in the 3rd quarter of 2012
Wow - talk about getting a pumpkin full of candy! Big time congrats - what color are you getting?

3rd Quarter of 2012 ??? That's two years from now...
Old 10/29/10, 06:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I hope he means 3rd quarter of 2011, otherwise he got hosed!
Old 10/29/10, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I hope he means 3rd quarter of 2011, otherwise he got hosed!
Yes 2011 I was busy at work
Old 10/29/10, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Hello to all!! I have been lurking for months and had a deposit for #1 on a Boss since August. Well the good news is I AM GETTING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dealer just emailed me and said both his stores are getting 1 for 2012...one is mine and the other is the owner of the dealership. BTW my car is scheduled for production in the 3rd quarter of 2011
I am curious how your car is scheduled for production when the order banks aren't fully operational for the 2012 Mustangs yet. Any insight you might provide would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 10/29/10, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If you look at the topic of this thread it has do with my dealer being informed that they are getting a Boss 302. My dealer WANTS to do business with me. He would like to sell me a GT500 and if I'm not interested in that he was letting me know that I'm still #1 for the Boss if that is what I choose to buy. I posted this because members here are VERY INTERESTED in which dealers are getting a Boss.
Since you are in Canada and the pricing practices regarding markups is different than in the US, the experiences probably won't match up quite the same for those of us here.

I think anyone could choose to be #1 on a list of a US dealer now but still have to deal with a MSRP+ priced car and incomplete information on whether they have an allocation.

Hopefully the allocation strategy will NOT be a barrier to any person here who would like to get a Boss. And hopefully, the pricing will not be an issue for those who would like to acquire one, on any level.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1