Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/10, 10:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Oddly enough I'm not sure I really care about it that much. I should sell my #1 position for 10k to someone who can't get on a list
That would make buying the KR an easy choice
So, do I understand you correctly that it's okay for you to make a quick easy $10K off a Boss 302 even though you've been saying that any dealer asking for a markup is evil? Just clarifying your position; not judging.
Old 10/28/10, 10:34 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
My dealer has just been informed that they are getting at least 1 Boss 302 and I'm #1 on their list.
I don't have any further info at this time.

Not sure I still want to get the Boss, there is a 2009 Shelby Gt500 KR that has just popped up on my radar.
From the dealer perspective, you are not the right person to be #1 on the list considering that you don't even know if you really want the car. #1 spot should go to someone passionate enough about the car to not vascilate on their intent to buy. Just my opinion; carry on....
Old 10/28/10, 10:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
From the dealer perspective, you are not the right person to be #1 on the list considering that you don't even know if you really want the car. #1 spot should go to someone passionate enough about the car to not vascilate on their intent to buy. Just my opinion; carry on....

Hmmm, I didn't know there was a special criteria used to assess the worth of a Boss 302 owner?
I guess my dealer didn't get the memo from Ford...I guess I should count myself lucky.

I also don't know why you feel the need to try and insult me?
What's wrong with weighing my options and getting the car that will be the best fit for me?
We know next to nothing about the Boss 302. We don't have a single in car review, we don't have any performance times, we don't even have real pictures of all the color and stripe options.
I'll take my time and make the choice that is best for ME! Thank you very much.

Last edited by Whammer; 10/28/10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10/28/10, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

So, do I understand you correctly that it's okay for you to make a quick easy $10K off a Boss 302 even though you've been saying that any dealer asking for a markup is evil? Just clarifying your position; not judging.
Old 10/28/10, 10:58 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm sure the Boss will be like the 6.2 Raptor. Ford will verify there is an actual sale and that these will have priority over any stock orders.

Ford required a signed sales order, a copy of my deposit, and a copy of my driver's license before they would accept the order. We had to wait till pricing was available and order banks were open before order could actually be placed. Many buyers went in months ahead of me and told their dealer to order them a Raptor, and they said they would, but when the time came they still had to go back and sign the sales order and prove ID before the order could be accepted for scheduling.

Ford tried to squash ADM's this way with the 6.2L Raptor.

I know the allocation strategy has already been posted here, but Ford is going to try to make sure that people actually getting cars will get theirs before dealers that want to have them sit on the showroom floor with a $15k ADM sticker on them.

Ironically, as with the Raptor, the first cars produced on the line were held for quality checks, like mine, and it some of the stock order Raptors that were produced later made it to the dealers first. Although they were only a handful.

I'm tempted to go see what my dealer plans for his allocation, if he even got one.
Old 10/28/10, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

George,
The 2011 GT500 is still in the mix an '09 KR with 70 miles on it just fell into my lap. So I'm still trying to see what I want....and of course just staying with my '08 GT500 is very much a possibility.
'11 GT500 > KR...I would think this would be an easy call and based on your posts, probably the right car for you.
Old 10/28/10, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm sure the Boss will be like the 6.2 Raptor. Ford will verify there is an actual sale and that these will have priority over any stock orders.

Ford required a signed sales order, a copy of my deposit, and a copy of my driver's license before they would accept the order. We had to wait till pricing was available and order banks were open before order could actually be placed. Many buyers went in months ahead of me and told their dealer to order them a Raptor, and they said they would, but when the time came they still had to go back and sign the sales order and prove ID before the order could be accepted for scheduling.

Ford tried to squash ADM's this way with the 6.2L Raptor.

I know the allocation strategy has already been posted here, but Ford is going to try to make sure that people actually getting cars will get theirs before dealers that want to have them sit on the showroom floor with a $15k ADM sticker on them.

Ironically, as with the Raptor, the first cars produced on the line were held for quality checks, like mine, and it some of the stock order Raptors that were produced later made it to the dealers first. Although they were only a handful.

I'm tempted to go see what my dealer plans for his allocation, if he even got one.
interesting. I would think this method would also put pressure on the dealer to accept an order as well. There is a big difference when the dealer is waiting for an informed customer to show up and place an order on a car they can't touch/see/drive.
Old 10/28/10, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Shelby's are fun, but I think if one is going back and forth on it, they probably should go with the Shelby. Being a member of the Boss 302 society is all about worshipping the ground that PJ walks on, and a Shelby isn't going to scratch that itch.
Old 10/28/10, 11:16 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
interesting. I would think this method would also put pressure on the dealer to accept an order as well. There is a big difference when the dealer is waiting for an informed customer to show up and place an order on a car they can't touch/see/drive.
People buying the Raptor and people buying the Boss know exactly what they are getting even though they can't sit in it. They are after the car and what it stands for as much as the way it drives. It's a leap of faith, but I was ultimately very happy with my purchase.

I was concerned that maybe I was the only one having to show ID and sign a sales order at first, but it was confirmed on the Ratpor forum that I was a member on that most others had to go through the same thing so I felt good about it. I also felt good about it because we had a set confirmed price that we had agreed to and I didn't have to worry about the dealer getting the car in and deciding to sell it to the highest bidder because I refused to pay MSRP or over.

Not really sure how the Boss will work out, but Ford might do the same for this as they did with mine. Just throwing it out there.
Old 10/28/10, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm willing to take that leap, but I'd like, no, have to have some idea of where I'm at on trade-in and payments.
Old 10/28/10, 11:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Are you sure I said dealers asking for a markup are evil?
I said I would never buy from one that did. I also said markups are pretty rare here in Canada.
You should check your facts before spewing your lies.

As for me selling my #1 spot....that was a joke.

You know Brian, you and I had a few differences in the past and I thought we were suppose to be over it. But it seems like you're holding some sort of grudge still. Just because you were DEAD WRONG with ALL of your posts stating that there would be no 2012 GT500 is no reason to get all bent out of shape.
And I remain thankful that I don't live anywhere near your dealership because I would never do business with it if you are any indication of the kind of employees that they have.
Old 10/28/10, 11:25 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
I'm willing to take that leap, but I'd like, no, have to have some idea of where I'm at on trade-in and payments.
I was very concerned with trade-in as well. I was very, very fortunate to have sold my truck. I ordered the truck first week in January, sold my old truck to an individual for my asking price the first week in February, and then drove my old Mustang until the truck arrived in May.

I was very concerned that if I did not sell my truck ahead of time that the dealer would bend me over and hose me on the trade-in. Since I felt like I got a good deal on the new truck, I figured they'd try to make it up on trade-in to be honest.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/28/10 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10/28/10, 11:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Careful Dean! Some will tie you to a pillory for wanting information about a 40k purchase! Some will say you are not worthy of the car and only those willing to order the car without knowing all the facts are worthy of the Boss 302.
Old 10/28/10, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I was very concerned with trade-in as well. I was very, very fortunate to have sold my truck. I ordered the truck first week in January, sold my old truck to an individual for my asking price the first week in February, and then drove my old Mustang until the truck arrived in May.

I was very concerned that if I did not sell my truck ahead of time that the dealer would bend me over an hose me on the trade-in. Since I felt like I got a good deal on the new truck, I figured they'd try to make it up on trade-in to be honest.

Yeah, it's always tricky when you have a trade in because they've got 2 cars that they can play the numbers game with you on. They know you want their vehicle, and they always treat your trade in like some sort of leper that you should just be grateful they're even willing to take it off your hands.
Just to give you an example...my '08 GT500 with under 6k miles and 5 year extended warranty remaining (bumper to bumper, zero deductible) is worth 25k according to some dealers. 25-30k is what most will give me for it. One dealer was willing to go as high as 35k. I doubt there is one member of this forum that doesn't think those numbers aren't a total rip off.
Old 10/28/10, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Did not have this issue w/ the Raptor, since I bought late, and it is a 5.4 truck, and I trust my dealer since I've known the guy for years, and since I feel that way, I'm not going to go down and put him through the paces of getting me a B2 car if I can't swing the money. I figure the trust thing works both ways.
Old 10/28/10, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

This might be a stupid question, but I've never ordered a car before: will we know what the MSRP is before the orders are taken? For me, price is the issue and I have not had a discussion with my dealer about markups, but the GM and I have a business relationship and I doubt they'll mark up over MSRP. It would be helpful to know when to expect to know the MSRP in any case.
Old 10/28/10, 12:18 PM
Post *****

I'm not a dealer, there's guys here who can answer that better, but while dealers are 'taking' orders now for these cars, they can't order anything from Ford until the order banks open. And those order banks won't open without MSRP being known.

But that's not stopping people from getting in line it seems.
Old 10/28/10, 02:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You know Brian,
FWIW, I have never taken Brian's comments as having any agenda or wanting to stir things up with you. I just think he is offering the perspective of the Dealer.
Old 10/28/10, 03:30 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
FWIW, I have never taken Brian's comments as having any agenda or wanting to stir things up with you. I just think he is offering the perspective of the Dealer.
This. And I think Brian went out of his way to explicitly convey that he was not trying to start an argument. He was just curious about your logic bro.
Old 10/28/10, 03:53 PM
Post *****

Just talked to my dealer and they've been allocated two. One in spring and one in late summer or early fall. He did not know if either would be an LS and didn't know any more than that.

He did say he knew a dealer that was getting 10 of these. That's right, 10!

Doesn't seem right when guys in the Northeast can't even get one. I bet Galpin gets 20 if this other dealer gets 10.

Quick Reply: Great News! My dealer is getting a Boss and I'm #1