Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Ford issues TSB that states ANY mods on 5.0 VOIDS warranty!!! Ford BS at it's best..

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/11, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Yes...and I am not having any issues, yet other than what i documented a month ago. I had the left rear axle replaced and the trans fluid TSB done. I am just hesitant to mod or back to stock with this news.
so your whine was an axle?
Old 7/5/11, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

no the left rear brakes were squeaking and when I put it on a lift at work you could see the whole hub was wobbling. I had the trans tsb done to help with the shifter notchiness from 1st to 2nd. It WAS ok for a while but not it's worse than ever, even grinding sometimes and now when its hot. BTW I only have about 1800 miles on it since I bought it in March-
Old 7/5/11, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

doesn't sound like it...

Originally Posted by ShaneM
so your whine was an axle?

I'm pretty sure that whine was coming from the driver.

I wonder what the correlation between the most-attempted-to-be-modded-car that we know about and the most-problematic-car we've heard about is? oh, it's probably just a coincidence.
Old 7/5/11, 09:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Name:  XArOR.gif
Views: 6
Size:  567.7 KB
Old 7/5/11, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius

I wonder what the correlation between the most-attempted-to-be-modded-car that we know about and the most-problematic-car we've heard about is? oh, it's probably just a coincidence.
This
Old 7/11/11, 08:23 AM
FR500 Member

Going through the Ford Racing parts site, they are now starting to list the Ford Racing warranty with even simple muffler swaps. some, but not all mufflers are currently listed as having a warranty.
Old 7/21/11, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IN MY OPINION

it isnt tunes blowing them, its rings butting. it isnt ANY tuners fault. it isnt ANY mod. its too close of a ring gap and a little heat causing them to butt and break off the second land.

Im telling you Ford knows about it. as a matter of fact, if any powertrain engineer reads this HE knows it.

the original hold was for defective engines amongst other things.

the TSB is a cover up because Ford knows about the issue and instead of a recall, they are voiding warranty's. its about redirecting the focus on the problem.

i apologize to everyone i attacked about their tunes and mods.

Ford will be exposed for sure. engineer know EXACTLY what is causing it.

now with that said, if there is no tune on the car, or any extra power made, the defect will not likely show up. this defect is random. #8 is simply the hottest cylinder. its not a knock issue or anything like that.

there has been ONE failure with ford racing's Procal.

Last edited by assasinator; 7/21/11 at 09:28 AM.
Old 7/21/11, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
IN MY OPINION

it isnt tunes blowing them, its rings butting. it isnt ANY tuners fault. it isnt ANY mod. its too close of a ring gap and a little heat causing them to butt and break off the second land.

Im telling you Ford knows about it. as a matter of fact, if any powertrain engineer reads this HE knows it.

the original hold was for defective engines amongst other things.

the TSB is a cover up because Ford knows about the issue and instead of a recall, they are voiding warranty's. its about redirecting the focus on the problem.

i apologize to everyone i attacked about their tunes and mods.

Ford will be exposed for sure. engineer know EXACTLY what is causing it.

now with that said, if there is no tune on the car, or any extra power made, the defect will not likely show up. this defect is random. #8 is simply the hottest cylinder. its not a knock issue or anything like that.

there has been ONE failure with ford racing's Procal.
As someone who has popped a piston top due to ring-butting on hypereutectic pistons, I can certainly see this as a possibility. Another reason to be glad about the forged pistons in the Boss.
Old 7/21/11, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius

Funny guy...

The rear axle was a manufacturing defect and the trans issue when cold is a known issue with the mt82. As a matter of fact on the test drive with 9 or so miles on it it was rough shifting as it was mid march when i took delivery. Now if I drive it when it's above 85 or so it's even notchier. Do some research on thise who have done the tsb... The fluid isn't the problem the shifter design/manufacturing is!

And modded doesn't equal abuse

...done rant
Old 7/21/11, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

oh and on August 6th you will see even more mods...and no other issues!!! LOL
Old 7/21/11, 11:29 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Old 7/21/11, 11:59 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
^my all time favorite
Old 7/21/11, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I saw a guy get banned from a site I post at for posting that picture and nothing else.
Old 7/21/11, 01:42 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wow! That's not a site I'd want any part of.

Just look at that seal. Of course he's got it coming to him.
Old 7/21/11, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Just look at that seal. Of course he's got it coming to him.
^^^LOL
Old 9/1/11, 01:00 PM

Ive been reading a little since I saw this post and everyone's saying its not that big of a deal that technically they have always been able to void your warranty.
However I have also done some more looking into past TSB's and never have they been this direct with pointing out exactly how they will void a warranty.

"what a lot of shade tree mechanics don’t know or overlook is that this high compression engine is near maxed out structurally at its factory specified power output.

Pretty scary, be careful guys, that's a lot of money to pay to potentially blow a motor!!

Last edited by SideWinder; 9/1/11 at 01:01 PM.
Old 9/1/11, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Its def an expensive engine to buy again in the boss's but the forged pistons should def help the situation, and seroiusly it just makes sense if you mod crap and "tune" the engine different there are alot of shops out there that like to do hail marry pulls after they finish modding your car just to give the owner a high dyno number sheet for a car show, if thats all you want.... let me know ill get someone to change the name on mine and mail you a copy for 20 bucks ( its alot cheaper way to get one lol)

i myself will have my boss ( when i finaly receive mine from tasca soon ) tweek it up alittle i'd like to get close to the 500hp N/A mark but really the goal is 11.5s in the quarter mile thats my race track and more power does make a difference

and when i want to go fast ill break out my 94 that should push over 750 to the wheels on pump gas, just dont ask me to turn, its being set up for alittle street and alot of dragracing
Old 9/1/11, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

still with cast iron heads on the 94 i like the durability
Old 8/8/12, 07:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone put a aftermarket tune on their car and took it in on troubles and Ford Cancelled the warranty?
Im dying to buy a Tune from VMP for a Steeda CAI
Old 8/9/12, 10:56 AM
GT Member

See this thread https://themustangsource.com/f726/so...ve-make-509936

Exact cause is still in the air but it was tuned and Ford denied warranty based on physical evidence and forum posts like this one. So, uh, watch what you put on the Internet.

Quick Reply: Ford issues TSB that states ANY mods on 5.0 VOIDS warranty!!! Ford BS at it's best..