Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

The delivery thread.

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/11, 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The delivery thread.

I believe the first production day was to be January 18th, but it was delayed by two weeks. My car slid from 1/31 to 2/14, to 2/28 production.

Anyway, we should start to see deliveries from the first production in February.

Let's use this thread to report production deliveries and delays so we can best guess when we will see our cars.
Old 1/25/11, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine was originally a 2/14 delivery date. It is now a 3/14 delivery date, and it's a priority 1 from the zone rep. I think that until we see actual production builds starting, we are simply estimating wildly.
The status has NOT changed in the system (Submitted to plant) since December. In other words, Ford doesn't know for sure yet.
Old 1/26/11, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

just a note...

the 'priority 1' notation from the zone rep is probably meaningless in this case. that indicates a sold, or 'retail' order, and nearly all boss's are sold orders...and I can pretty much guarantee that even the ones that aren't actually sold are marked as 'sold' to attempt to get them scheduled.

As unfortunate as it is, most dealers aren't very good at understanding and working Ford's scheduling system.

now back to the intent of the thread...

I just got some good news from my dealer that my order is being picked up by the system this week...build date tbd. for reference, my order was placed the day the ordering guide came out and was marked a 'priority 1'
Old 1/26/11, 03:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
the 'priority 1' notation from the zone rep is probably meaningless in this case. that indicates a sold, or 'retail' order, and nearly all boss's are sold orders...and I can pretty much guarantee that even the ones that aren't actually sold are marked as 'sold' to attempt to get them scheduled.

As unfortunate as it is, most dealers aren't very good at understanding and working Ford's scheduling system.

I just got some good news from my dealer that my order is being picked up by the system this week...build date tbd. for reference, my order was placed the day the ordering guide came out and was marked a 'priority 1'
dumb question, how do they know its being picked up?

----------------
Now playing: Penthouse Players Clique - Chekmate
via FoxyTunes
Old 1/26/11, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine was ordered 11/23 and is priority 10...a priority 1 can only be acheived by a zone rep, not the dealer. I also am interested if how the dealer "knows" the order will be picked up
Old 1/26/11, 04:33 PM
Cobra R Member

I was told the zone reps aren't changing the Boss priorities.

whats the difference between a zone rep and a Regional Operations Manager ?

----------------
Now playing: Kiss - Psycho Circus
via FoxyTunes
Old 1/26/11, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

priorities

given the distinct allocations across dealers, Ford (not necessarily the zone rep) makes the decisions about when to schedule these orders for each dealer. the zone rep, certainly, communicates that to the dealers but is not necessarily in charge of when that order is scheduled.
we used to call it 'hand scheduling'...

their are many layers of decision making.

big vito:a regional ops manager is higher up in the food chain if the naming conventions are similar to what they were like when I was there over 10 years ago now.
Old 1/26/11, 09:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Be prepared to wait for the first ones to be quality tested. I know the motor is not new like the 2011 or the 6.2L in the Raptor, but these cars were checked for quality control before they left the plants. Cars were built and sat and cars that were built later actually made it to the lots first in some cases.

If they find anything wrong it could take even longer.

I hope it's not the case, but I got a Raptor last year and we knew they were rolling off the lines, but they kept holding them and holding them. Drove us nuts. Then all of a sudden dealer stock orders were showing up at lots and beat the retail orders by a week or two in some cases.

Same stuff happened on the 2011 5.0.

Ford wants near perfect cars. It's cheaper to hold and get a fix, if necessary, than to recall.

Not saying it will happen, but it could.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/27/11 at 07:56 AM.
Old 1/26/11, 09:33 PM
Cobra R Member

given the distinct allocations across dealers, Ford (not necessarily the zone rep) makes the decisions about when to schedule these orders for each dealer. the zone rep, certainly, communicates that to the dealers but is not necessarily in charge of when that order is scheduled.

big vito:a regional ops manager is higher up in the food chain if the naming conventions are similar to what they were like when I was there over 10 years ago now.
Thanks for the info/answers
I was told that no requests were being accepted that Dearborn was handling the scheduling
Old 1/26/11, 10:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks for the clarification
Old 1/27/11, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

That is correct about the QC holds. I ordered my 2010 GT500 the very first day that you could. Car was built very early (build #123). Then it sat on the lot at Flat Rock (AAI) for 45 days....I was losing my mind with Ford, especially when cars built 30 days after mine were being delivered and mine was still sitting on the lot.
Doesn't mean that this will happen with the early Bosses, but its possible.
Old 1/27/11, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
That is correct about the QC holds. I ordered my 2010 GT500 the very first day that you could. Car was built very early (build #123). Then it sat on the lot at Flat Rock (AAI) for 45 days....I was losing my mind with Ford, especially when cars built 30 days after mine were being delivered and mine was still sitting on the lot.
Doesn't mean that this will happen with the early Bosses, but its possible.
I 'm with you on that one.
Old 1/27/11, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Fred, do you have an ETA at the dealer for your LS?
Old 1/27/11, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

This thread was started too early, it only makes me anxious.
Old 1/27/11, 06:24 PM
GT Member

True, but I started out anxious!
Old 1/28/11, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Just got the word from my dealer, estimated delivery date has "officially" slid to 3/1

Last edited by MustangFanatic; 1/28/11 at 07:23 PM.
Old 1/28/11, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
Just got the word from my dealer, estimated delivery date has "officially" slide to 3/1
What was your original delivery date?
Old 1/28/11, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

Original delivery date was 1/27, it then moved to 2/15 and now to 3/1.
Old 1/28/11, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Those dates are similar to mine except mine are production dates not delivery dates.

Do we know when the start of production really is? Next week?
Old 1/28/11, 09:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4pipes
This thread was started too early, it only makes me anxious.
You're the one that started it!

Quick Reply: The delivery thread.