Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Chemicals, ummm, I mean cleaners

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/12, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chemicals, ummm, I mean cleaners

What do you guys like to use on your dash, windows, alcantara/faux suede?

And can I use the faux suede cleaner on my crushed red velvet pimp coat and fur derby?
Old 6/8/12, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrashTex
What do you guys like to use on your dash, windows, alcantara/faux suede?

And can I use the faux suede cleaner on my crushed red velvet pimp coat and fur derby?
I use no chemicals in the interior whatsoever. I clean using a one of those Swiffer Dusters for the dash, console & plastic. I vacuum most everything else - the doors and foot panels get cleaned with a misted micro-fiber cloth, but only in spots they are dirty. I use whatever I have for windows - I'm still using a bottle of invisible glass.

Considering I never roll down the windows or smoke, eat, drink inside, there is little reason for it to get dirty. I have seat covers and I occasionally lift them to vacuum the few pieces of dirt that may fall in the seats.

Those Swiffer Dusters are especially good because you can clean sensitive pieces like the cluster without wiping them with something abrasive like a paper towel or a washcloth.

Last edited by Kinyodas; 6/8/12 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added info
Old 6/8/12, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dashboard does alright without protectant? I put a visor in the windshield and she's garage-kept at home... Still would've thought there's risk of UV damage over time, but I guess there's not that much exposure-- never thought of it.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 6/11/12, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrashTex
Dashboard does alright without protectant? I put a visor in the windshield and she's garage-kept at home... Still would've thought there's risk of UV damage over time, but I guess there's not that much exposure-- never thought of it.

Thanks for your reply!
I have a covered garage at work, so my dash only sees light on the weekend. Even so, today's dashes aren't like the flake farms of yesteryear.