Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Wax & Sealant for matte wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/15, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wax & Sealant for matte wheels?

Anyone know of any good waxes or sealants to use on MATTE wheels? My new Niche Milans are matte black in the barrels and the sides of the spokes. I don't want to use anything on them that would mess up the matte appearance and/or make them look chalky. I have Wheel Wax, but it doesn't say if it's ok for matte surfaces, so I'm assuming it's not. I know Chemical Guys makes a matte version of Jetseal, but that stuff is rather pricey. I'd like to do a wax and a sealant if at all possible. I just want to keep these looking as good as possible for as long as possible since the car is a daily driver.
Old 7/30/15, 07:54 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
I had black wheels a few years back on a different ride and used the Eagle One Nanowax in the spray bottle. Never left a residue and was easy to use. It doesn't have to be dry. Apply and wipe. Protected the wheels real well for me. My cars are always garaged. Not sure if Eagle One still makes it. I loved the stuff.
I've been using the Mother's spray waxes for my current rides and no problems there either. The inside of my Matador wheels are a flat black. No residue from Mother's either. Same thing: Spray on, wipe off.
Not a fan of sealants. They tend to crack and I just don't like them. I'd rather use the wax once or twice a month.

Last edited by NC14GT; 7/30/15 at 07:57 AM.
Old 7/30/15, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the information. The sealants crack on the wheels? That's interesting.