2012-2013 BOSS 302

car cover, indoor storage

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/11, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car cover, indoor storage

I got the car cover/mat option on my Boss.
How good is the cover for storing the Boss over the cold South Dakota winter? It seems like just a nylon fabric without any soft cotton material on the inside.
I like the looks of the Boss stripes on the cover, but want to take care of the Boss.

Is it a quality cover for garage storage (keep dust off, not scratch when putting on and off, and allow air to circulate), or should I buy a California Cover model designed for indoor storage such as their Dustop? Garage will be unheated this year (being built now) but will be heated by next winter.

Thanks
Old 10/4/11, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

In my opinion I would go with the dustop cover and like you I am in the north (Michigan) and have to store for the winter. What I have done with my other cars and have been considering doing it with the Boss is a car jacket. ( http://www.carbag.com/) I have had great success with them and also in unheated garages.
Hope this helps
Bob
Old 10/4/11, 08:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SD GT
I got the car cover/mat option on my Boss.
How good is the cover for storing the Boss over the cold South Dakota winter? It seems like just a nylon fabric without any soft cotton material on the inside.
I like the looks of the Boss stripes on the cover, but want to take care of the Boss.

Is it a quality cover for garage storage (keep dust off, not scratch when putting on and off, and allow air to circulate), or should I buy a California Cover model designed for indoor storage such as their Dustop? Garage will be unheated this year (being built now) but will be heated by next winter.

Thanks
Wayne I've been storing the GT500 in my sub-zero garage the last four SD winters using the same car cover that came with the Boss (except it says Shelby intead of Boss 302 ) No issues whatsoever. Just put some Stabil in the tank and a battery tender on the battery and leave it until it thaws!

Last edited by cloud9; 10/4/11 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10/6/11, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Wayne I've been storing the GT500 in my sub-zero garage the last four SD winters using the same car cover that came with the Boss (except it says Shelby intead of Boss 302 ) No issues whatsoever. Just put some Stabil in the tank and a battery tender on the battery and leave it until it thaws!
Or how bout y'all come down here, our track season is just starting in my opinion. Florida bound??
Old 10/6/11, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LadyBoss302
Or how bout y'all come down here, our track season is just starting in my opinion. Florida bound??
This sounds like a much better option!
Old 10/6/11, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

So why did I retire from the military and move from TX to SD?
I think I need to go to a shrink and have them help me figure that one out.
When I retire for the second time, I'll winter near some tracks.
Old 10/6/11, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

So why did I retire from the military and move from TX to SD?
I think I need to go to a shrink and have them help me figure that one out.
When I retire for the second time, I'll winter near some tracks.
Since u will have another chance to retire, may i suggest a second place in Florida say by Sebring/ PBIR/ Daytona. I live near Homestead-Miami myself but i like areas north of me better. But its flat here not like SD probably.

After 2012yellowboss runs Daytona he may have lots more to say about that track.
Old 10/6/11, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Since u will have another chance to retire, may i suggest a second place in Florida say by Sebring/ PBIR/ Daytona. I live near Homestead-Miami myself but i like areas north of me better. But its flat here not like SD probably.
I'm in eastern SD--you obviously haven't been up here, have you? Its pretty flat. Out west they have the Black Hills w/ Mt Rushmore.

Maybe Gary and I can buy a big truck/trailer to haul our Boss's down there to snowbird some day.
Old 10/6/11, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in eastern SD--you obviously haven't been up here, have you? Its pretty flat. Out west they have the Black Hills w/ Mt Rushmore.

Maybe Gary and I can buy a big truck/trailer to haul our Boss's down there to snowbird some day.
Actually I pictured Hills for sure! Ok here comes the deal Summer in SD for Bike week/Mustang week and Winter in the blue paradise of Florida, regardless of hills, mountains or major topography. And Fall, September in NE! Everyone whoooorah for Boss tracking weather.