Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Canadian Boss owners not eligible for Track Attack!

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/11, 01:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Turd
The owner can send others in their place. But I think there are restrictions on who can go. It's on the track attack website. I looked at it briefly while I registered. I had to pick whether I was going or sending someone else.
Yes that is true but it is for family not friends or second buyers as I read it.
Old 10/29/11, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Seriously? Just getting my track key sorted next week and now this? Very, very upset.
Me too. This was not good news....thumbs down to Ford Canada.
Old 11/1/11, 08:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
...was told today via email by Bryan Samuels (who has been very helpful and seems genuinely disappointed) that Canadians who purchased a Canadian Boss are not eligible to attend for the free day because Ford Canada wasn't participating financially...
Originally Posted by ace72ace
(Deysha?) Perhaps some polite and heartfelt requests can be put through to the proper channels and you can get some traction on this?
I've emailed Deysha and will hopefully get a little direction.
Thank you for the mention, ace72ace!

I sent you a PM cobrajetjoe. Please check your inbox.

Deysha
Old 11/1/11, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thank you for the mention, ace72ace!

I sent you a PM cobrajetjoe. Please check your inbox.

Deysha
I too as would maybe other Canadian owners would like to know what Deysha has to say on this matter so any info would be appreciated because I would make the trip to Utah if we Canadians are eligible to attend.
Old 11/1/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DCA911

I too as would maybe other Canadian owners would like to know what Deysha has to say on this matter so any info would be appreciated because I would make the trip to Utah if we Canadians are eligible to attend.
Ditto.
Old 11/1/11, 12:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As an aside, I am literally sitting in Oakland Ford working a deal on a Fiesta as I read about this. Thinking seriously of walking out and buying anything else in protest.
Uh, ok
Old 11/1/11, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Deysha is looking into this further.

On a side note it now says on the Track Attack site FAQ under eligibility that "Any new Boss® 302 buyer who has paid for and taken delivery of the car in the U.S.A" can attend. Funny I don't remember the USA part previously...
Old 11/1/11, 05:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Deysha is looking into this further.

On a side note it now says on the Track Attack site FAQ under eligibility that "Any new Boss® 302 buyer who has paid for and taken delivery of the car in the U.S.A" can attend. Funny I don't remember the USA part previously...

That also eliminates any Canadian who bought it from the US but did not take delivery of it IN the US.
Old 11/1/11, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I have two PDF copies of flyers that I got off of this forum back in the begining of the year. Not sure where they are now and I don't know how to link the copies I have here. Both flyers states EVERY boss owner will have their opportunity to participate in Track Attack. The one flyer is retail education and training and the other is the flyer for Track Attack/Track Key. Both are from Ford.
Old 11/1/11, 08:58 PM
FR500 Member

You would think that since Ford is charging, what, 8000$ MORE for cars bought in Canada, they wouldn't be so cheap as to skimp out on the Track Attack.

Crosseurs!
Old 11/2/11, 06:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
You would think that since Ford is charging, what, 8000$ MORE for cars bought in Canada, they wouldn't be so cheap as to skimp out on the Track Attack.

Crosseurs!
It's completely UNPROFESSIONAL of Ford. It's not like airfare and hotel are also included in the Track Attack. We (Canadians) paid our money, far more than Americans paid for their cars, and we're getting screwed over by Ford.
Unbelievable really.
Old 11/2/11, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
It's completely UNPROFESSIONAL of Ford. It's not like airfare and hotel are also included in the Track Attack. We (Canadians) paid our money, far more than Americans paid for their cars, and we're getting screwed over by Ford.
Unbelievable really.
Agreed. Very poor decision on Ford Canada's part.
Old 11/2/11, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 2006mach1
I have two PDF copies of flyers that I got off of this forum back in the begining of the year. Not sure where they are now and I don't know how to link the copies I have here. Both flyers states EVERY boss owner will have their opportunity to participate in Track Attack. The one flyer is retail education and training and the other is the flyer for Track Attack/Track Key. Both are from Ford.
I think these are the two flyers and they say new Boss owners so they do not exclude Canadian owners. So if these are not the flyers please try and post any other source of info that may contradict Fords new policy on excluding Canadians who bought and payed for there cars in Canada. I just reread the second pdf again and in small print just above where it describes the track key and track attack it does state that every new Boss owner can have the opportunity to participate.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012boss302.pdf (534.5 KB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf
Mustang TracKey.pdf (1.54 MB, 173 views)

Last edited by DCA911; 11/2/11 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11/2/11, 12:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Gents, I say we write a letter signed by all of us and post on Fords Facebook Page, email and post to Ford Canada and send out to the Star's Wheel Section. I expect Ford of Canada to set up a track day at here in Canada (Mosport, or Multimatic's Home track near Ottawa?), if we are to be barred from attending the event in Utah. As was pointed out, we paid more for our cars, plus a possible ADM, plus we would have had to make our own way to Utah. Also certain Canadians have already participated in this event (Yellow/White Boss owner?), so to change the rules of play now is completely unfair unless they offer a Canadian option? Steve(at)sodaandtonic.com
Old 11/2/11, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Those are the two flyers I was talking about. From page 6 of the first flyer....

Ford is offering two exciting new programs for owners to get the
most out of their 2012 Mustang Boss 302. Every Boss owner will have
the opportunity to participate in Boss Track Attack, an instructional
driving program specific to the Boss 302.

And from the second flyer.....

For the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, Ford offers two exciting new programs for owners to get the most out of their vehicle. Every new owner will have the opportunity to participate in the Boss Track Attack, an instructional driving program specific to the Boss 302.

Both flyers use the word "EVERY" when talking about Boss purchasers. Does not say US buyers only...
Old 11/2/11, 12:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Good point Mike, Every, means just that ;Everyone.<<
Old 11/2/11, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Absolutely. This was what was written when we purchased. They need to honor a track event either at MMS or via a Canadian option.
Old 11/2/11, 08:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Canadian option.
While that would be at least something keep in mind the best part of Track Attack was not just hitting a track for the day but the teachers. They are guys at the top of their sport and excellent teachers. Miller is a great facility to hold this but without the same guys running the course you will be missing out.

I was blown away by the class and got 1000 times more out of it then I had expected. I hope it works out for you guys.
Old 11/3/11, 12:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DCA911
I think these are the two flyers and they say new Boss owners so they do not exclude Canadian owners. So if these are not the flyers please try and post any other source of info that may contradict Fords new policy on excluding Canadians who bought and payed for there cars in Canada. I just reread the second pdf again and in small print just above where it describes the track key and track attack it does state that every new Boss owner can have the opportunity to participate.
Actually, one of the PDFs (which Ford calls the Hero Card and still has a link from the trackey site) does say "Every new owner will have the opportunity to participate in the Boss Track Attack" and is still on the Ford site at http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/...HeroCard-6.pdf

Good luck, folks.
Old 11/3/11, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Deysha, has there been any further info? I am ready to kick up a well organized social media fuss if required, but am hoping I don't have to do that...

Quick Reply: Canadian Boss owners not eligible for Track Attack!