Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Bought one off the showroom floor tonight

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/11, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Bought one off the showroom floor tonight

Drove past the dealership this afternoon on the way to lunch and caught a glimpse through the showroom windows of what I thought might have been the 2012 BOSS, but with the reflections and everything, couldn't tell if I just saw the rocker stripe, or a complete C stripe. So on our way back to work, I looked hard and realized it was in fact a BOSS. Made my way over this afternoon, camera in hand, to try to get some pics while it was still there on the showroom floor, because surely someone had already snatched this beast up. Nope.

I'll skip past all the gory details but suffice it to say the crew at the dealership went above and beyond, staying late after closing to help me get into my dream car. Cell phone pics will have to do for now, pro shots coming soon!!

Old 4/5/11, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great looking Boss. Too bad the idiot dealer punched holes in the front facia for a license plate bracket. For those ordering, go to Americanmuscle.com and order a flip up plate bracket for $49.99 that has hidden attachments and you can fold the plate away.
Old 4/5/11, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on a great purchase.
Old 4/5/11, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Great looking Boss. Too bad the idiot dealer punched holes in the front facia for a license plate bracket. For those ordering, go to Americanmuscle.com and order a flip up plate bracket for $49.99 that has hidden attachments and you can fold the plate away.
I asked them if they could do anything about that. Pisses me off. I'm in TX so of course it's required, but like all my other vehicles, I like to stay registered in AL, for the sole purpose they don't have state inspections or front tags... and that's my home of record so I can get away with it...
Thanks for the info on the bracket though, I'll take a look and see what we can do about that.
Old 4/5/11, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's awesome!!! & I hate that red. That car looks dang good. I kinda wouldn't mind hearing your 'gory details'. Kinda want to hear all about that car!

Sorry, didn't know you was typing that last one.

Last edited by eliyarbrough; 4/5/11 at 09:57 PM.
Old 4/5/11, 09:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Congratulations and the red/black is my favorite combo.
Old 4/5/11, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Congratulations on your purchase. That Red color is stunning. The dealership sure has that Boss really polished up nicely. It shines like a red diamond. How long was the Boss on the dealership floor before you came along ?
Old 4/5/11, 10:26 PM

Congratulations! Sweet car! I've always been fond of the black on red combos. I'm Goin to look at a White w/ Black stripe, Recaro/Torsen diff car tomorrow. If the dealers not asking for an ADM, I'm gonna have hard time not pulling the trigger...
Old 4/5/11, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Congratulations on your purchase. That Red color is stunning. The dealership sure has that Boss really polished up nicely. It shines like a red diamond. How long was the Boss on the dealership floor before you came along ?
Thanks! It does look great, but I can get it cleaner! haha!
I actually asked that question, because I hadn't received a phone call from my dealer buddy letting me know the car was there, and I don't drive by the dealership on a regular basis, so it could have been there for a while. They said they just got it in this past weekend but it had been out back getting prepped, and it just made it to the showroom floor this morning. It had 7 miles on it when I took the keys! (well, key, I'm going back tomorrow to tie up the loose ends with the inspection paperwork, since they were closed for about an hour before we reached the point where I could drive off, but I'll be picking up the track key tomorrow morning. I'm a little bit excited about that!)
Old 4/5/11, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

TracKey tune is not available yet. They should have given you both the silver and RED key when you picked it up.
Old 4/5/11, 10:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I asked them if they could do anything about that. Pisses me off. I'm in TX so of course it's required, but like all my other vehicles, I like to stay registered in AL, for the sole purpose they don't have state inspections or front tags... and that's my home of record so I can get away with it...
Thanks for the info on the bracket though, I'll take a look and see what we can do about that.
Great looking Boss 302 - WOW. You might consider an alternative to that plastic front plate bracket. Check these painted bumper plugs at http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html they can match the proper Ford Mustang colors and it's a lot less expensive than getting the plastic front bumper cover filled and repainted.
Attached Thumbnails Bought one off the showroom floor tonight-img_0218.jpg  
Old 4/5/11, 10:47 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AWESOME!
Old 4/6/11, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by HPwhitevert
Great looking Boss 302 - WOW. You might consider an alternative to that plastic front plate bracket. Check these painted bumper plugs at http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html they can match the proper Ford Mustang colors and it's a lot less expensive than getting the plastic front bumper cover filled and repainted.
Very cool, thanks for the link!
Didn't see Race Red in there but it's only an email away.
Old 4/6/11, 12:27 AM

TracKey tune is not available yet. They should have given you both the silver and RED key when you picked it up.
Red key was already locked up in the safe by the time we got everything sorted out, but I'll have it first thing in the morning.
I need to also ask about that driving school I think I saw mentioned here.
Old 4/6/11, 02:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt

Red key was already locked up in the safe by the time we got everything sorted out, but I'll have it first thing in the morning.
I need to also ask about that driving school I think I saw mentioned here.
Bosstrackattack.com
Old 4/6/11, 03:33 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
LQQKING GOOD! CONGRATS!!!
Old 4/6/11, 04:04 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, most of us are having all kinds of troubles getting our bosses and you sir discovered the secret!

Looks beautiful in HuskerRed!
Old 4/6/11, 05:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Could you share with us if there was any ADM?
Congratulations on your find and executed purchase!
Old 4/6/11, 06:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Wow, most of us are having all kinds of troubles getting our bosses and you sir discovered the secret!

Looks beautiful in HuskerRed!

I thought that was Buckeye Red?

For anyone that's interested here are the links; motorized and manual.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...motorized.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
Old 4/6/11, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Big time congrats!!!
Kinda neat to wake up without any idea of buying a car, and then going to sleep that night as a new Boss owner

Quick Reply: Bought one off the showroom floor tonight