2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss at NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/11, 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LQQK
I agree with you.

Sometimes rules can be bent, case in point, 1999 I flew to the NAIAS just to see the Honda S2000, which was still be paraded around as a concept car, I had tons of information about the car and after talking with the Honda representative about the car and the fact that I knew more about the car than, it's another Honda.

I explained I was seriously gonna purchase one as long as I felt I would be comfortable in the cockpit, plus i informed him that I flew in from the Midwest just to see and sit in the S2000.

I got my seat time and consequently I purchased one, would I have still purchased without the test seating, probably, but it sure was nice getting treated with respect as apposed to the looking down the nose at me attitude I received from the FORD reps at the Omaha show, they could & should have been more diplomatic and explained there situation, instead they treated me like ****, probably because I was dressed in Blue Collar Attire instead of a suit.
Agreed.

I was fortunate enough in the Spring of 04 to be working the local show on the last day. I actually got to drive the Windveil Blue pre-production car that made the rounds. Drove it off the turntable, out of the building, and down the street and back at the fairgrounds. I was called a liar on several forums but that short burst down the street and back prompted me to convince my then girlfriend (now wife ) to order one right then (see sig).

Originally Posted by cloud9
In this case I'm glad they did. It's not an unreasonable request since most of us have had to order without the luxury of seeing one on a dealer showfloor since they have yet to begin production.
Very true
Old 1/22/11, 04:49 PM
V6 Member

Well, I just got back from the Detroit show. Got to sit in/experience (for as long as I wanted, prob. a good 5/10 minutes) the comp. orange they had on the dyno. I had the same feelings as Cloud, seats were supportive while still being comfortable. I think they'd be fine for daily driving or an 8 hour drive. Suitable for track days, but of course not as good as a "track only" seat. For reference, I'm 6' and 220lbs.

Also got to sit in it while they ran the dyno run. I was grinning from ear to ear!!
Old 1/22/11, 05:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cloud9

Glad that you ran into the right people or maybe I hit them on a bad day.

I agree, the seats are sweet.

Get out of Omaha,,,Snow storm coming this evening!!!

LQQK
Yea thanks! We left early afternoon and drove through pretty light stuff all the way home, but glad we left when we did because it looked like it was going to get pretty nasty.
Old 1/22/11, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cobrasteve
Well, I just got back from the Detroit show. Got to sit in/experience (for as long as I wanted, prob. a good 5/10 minutes) the comp. orange they had on the dyno. I had the same feelings as Cloud, seats were supportive while still being comfortable. I think they'd be fine for daily driving or an 8 hour drive. Suitable for track days, but of course not as good as a "track only" seat. For reference, I'm 6' and 220lbs.

Also got to sit in it while they ran the dyno run. I was grinning from ear to ear!!
Were you the first guy to sit in it during the dyno runs this morning? If so, I was standing in the crowd. I remember commenting about your **** eating grin. Loved the way it hazed the tires on the one-two shift.
Old 1/24/11, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Boss at NAIAS - Recaro Seats

I went to the show Sunday morning & got some seat time also. I agree with CobraSteve's comments. They were firm, not too tight, and seemed like they will not be an issue. I'm 5'-9", 228lbs. I felt it was a good fit, but still comfortable. I can see that they will keep you in place in the corners much better than the standard seats. I will Not be changing my order to the std. seats & will keep the Recaro's. A big thanks to Nate @ Ford, for letting me sit in the dino car. It really helped in my decision on the seats.

MIKE
Old 1/31/11, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
I just got back from spending all day at the Detroit show. My head is spinning at the moment because of the CO Boss on the dyno. If I were to describe the color it would be dull, cloudy, a light orange almost peach color. It reminds me of tomato soup with milk. I tried to convince myself that it was the lighting or that this is a pre-production sprayed color. My phone even took a darker picture than what is seen in person. I hope davesvt2000 is right, that it needs to be seen outside. The Kona Blue and Yellow Blaze display colors were as expected, HOT! Before you criticize, my 1Q build order is CO. Disappointed and considering changing to Kona Blue, if still possible. Help
I have the same issues with CO, although the pics below are not Fords, they are outside in sunlight, the orange dodge looked dull especially next to a white one...Did you go with Blue?

Old 1/31/11, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 2/1/11 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2/1/11, 08:28 AM
GT Member

I have the same issues with CO, although the pics below are not Fords, they are outside in sunlight, the orange dodge looked dull especially next to a white one...Did you go with Blue?

I copped-out, changed to Kona Blue. I still have the CO on my mind, but will be happy with KB. It was just a shock to see the CO more like a salmon color in the Cobo Hall lighting than the deep, dark orange depicted on the Ford website.

btw, there are some of the best Kona Blue pics on the net from the LA. show if your interested.

Dave
Old 2/1/11, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
I copped-out, changed to Kona Blue. I still have the CO on my mind, but will be happy with KB. It was just a shock to see the CO more like a salmon color in the Cobo Hall lighting than the deep, dark orange depicted on the Ford website.

btw, there are some of the best Kona Blue pics on the net from the LA. show if your interested.

Dave
Here are some KB & CO for your viewing enjoyment.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HuskerHarley/BOSS#
Old 2/1/11, 09:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here are some KB & CO for your viewing enjoyment.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HuskerHarley/BOSS#
Looks like both colors can look significantly different under the various lighting conditions. I think I'll stick with my original choice.
Old 2/1/11, 09:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I think you guys are worrying about the CO too much. The color is going to be fine in natural light and not many of you are going to be driving your CO Boss under flourescent lights.
Old 2/1/11, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Wrong Quote!

Last edited by LQQK; 2/1/11 at 09:50 AM.
Old 2/1/11, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I too went through the same roller coaster of how the CO looked so different in various pictures. In the end I decided that I liked it more under natural light and figured I was overthinking it too. So I went for my first choice and stuck to CO, I know I will be fine with my choice
Old 2/1/11, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

feeling left out...

where's all the drama around performance white?! come on.
sometimes it looks like a refrigerator...sometimes more like sheep's wool...or is that sour cream?

FWIW, coming from a guy who's going with (boring?) white...I think the orange is going to look great.
Old 2/1/11, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
where's all the drama around performance white?! come on.
sometimes it looks like a refrigerator...sometimes more like sheep's wool...or is that sour cream?

FWIW, coming from a guy who's going with (boring?) white...I think the orange is going to look great.
Look familiar?

Old 2/1/11, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

yes it does

I'm aware that this was 'photoshop'ed'...just haven't seen an pic of an actual white one produced yet. sort of ironic, for me, given that 99% of my professional career has been spent working at either Ford or Adobe.
Old 2/1/11, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

still needs some tweaks...

I still think it's going to look better with that front grill surround blacked out and with black mirrors. overall though, I think it looks super sharp in white.
Old 2/1/11, 02:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that white will look great in person, the pics don't do it justice. Orange looks like the most popular color to date and I am guessing any dealers that order without a buyer will go with the orange. Surprised I have not seen more people going after red but I think the white will be the rarest color.

I still think it's going to look better with that front grill surround blacked out and with black mirrors. overall though, I think it looks super sharp in white.
Very true the black will contrast well with the white (and the yellow).

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 2/1/11 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2/1/11, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

I'm aware that this was 'photoshop'ed'...just haven't seen an pic of an actual white one produced yet. sort of ironic, for me, given that 99% of my professional career has been spent working at either Ford or Adobe.
I'm not giving you a hard time, I was displaying for a comparison between the two, I'm on board with White.
Old 2/1/11, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Surprised I have not seen more people going after red but I think the white will be the rarest color.
I think if Ford would actually release pictures of the red with black striping, a lot more people would choose that combo.

Quick Reply: Boss at NAIAS