2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss at NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/11, 07:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kona blue is a great color, both are great and if you want to change you can unless you have a vin...I think
Old 1/19/11, 07:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by iDrive
I sincerely hope your right. While I was there, I noticed that the color on the CO Boss poster left of the display did not match the CO Boss on the dyno. The poster color is reflective of Ford's website.

I personally don't think I could feel comfortable enough to leave it at that. I was at the show for 6+ hours, half between the 3 color displays. I'm leaning to try and change to Kona Blue. I'll look at all the CO Boss video and pics on the forum tonight and sleep on it.

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, just looking for opinion.

Thanks,

Dave
For comparison, hope it helps.

LQQK
Old 1/19/11, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sincerely hope your right. While I was there, I noticed that the color on the CO Boss poster left of the display did not match the CO Boss on the dyno. The poster color is reflective of Ford's website.

I personally don't think I could feel comfortable enough to leave it at that. I was at the show for 6+ hours, half between the 3 color displays. I'm leaning to try and change to Kona Blue. I'll look at all the CO Boss video and pics on the forum tonight and sleep on it.

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, just looking for opinion.

Thanks,

Dave
Well the two photos above certainly look different to me. The one in the garage next to the LS looks like Ford's website and the one in the "bluish" light looks like the lighting is affecting it.
Old 1/19/11, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The orange color looked different to me based on the lighting. The lights at Cobo Hall seemed to take some of the intensity out of it, especially when I saw it outside in the sun at Mustang Alley last August. Also, my camera (Olympus digital point-and-shoot) seemed to make the color look more reddish.

I recall the competition orange color from the '03-'04 years being darker a bit. It could be my eyes, but this iteration looks to be a shade lighter.

I liked Kona Blue and white when I saw it in person, not as much when I've seen it in photographs.
Old 1/19/11, 09:41 PM
Cobra Member

Dave go with Kona Blue.
Old 1/20/11, 01:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
CO looks a lot darker in natural lighting than the pics/show lighting make it out to be. Trust me, I've been obsessed with this color since 2003 ...I've almost bought 3 SVT Foci and 2 Mach 1s in CO. I WILL own at least one CO Ford before I die....
Old 1/20/11, 06:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am glad my choice was easy, if not for yellow I would have gone with the orange. One good thing about the orange is it is exclusive to the Boss. Having said that, with colors like orange or yellow they should be bright and light. Something you can't look at directly in bright sunlight. In that respect the orange (and the yellow) fall short.

It looks best in the pics in the garage next to the LS, but can't wait to see one in person. While they could be brighter I doubt I would be disappointed with having either
Old 1/20/11, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
I am glad my choice was easy, if not for yellow I would have gone with the orange. One good thing about the orange is it is exclusive to the Boss. Having said that, with colors like orange or yellow they should be bright and light. Something you can't look at directly in bright sunlight. In that respect the orange (and the yellow) fall short.

It looks best in the pics in the garage next to the LS, but can't wait to see one in person. While they could be brighter I doubt I would be disappointed with having either

I was really torn between the two. YB definitely has more depth, but the fact that CO is a Boss exclusive pushed me over the edge.

I'm still upset that I can't get GO
Old 1/20/11, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Dave go with Kona Blue.

I see your getting a CO Boss. Have you seen one in person yet? Opinion? Kona Blue was actually my first choice but having owned several black, dark colors for racing, I wanted to spend less time cleaning with a more solid color. I prefer dark colors for looks and show, but knowing how solid colors hide dust/dirt better, I thought I would try my luck and the fact that CO is exclusive to the Boss.

The cloudy, outside pics of the CO Boss w/white stripes, although dirty, is reminiscent of the Boss at the show (in my view). What stumps me is that none of the other surrounding cars displayed in the area under the same lighting show any goofy shading or discoloration.

Thanks for all who chimed in and the additional photos.

Dave
Old 1/20/11, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I see your getting a CO Boss. Have you seen one in person yet? Opinion? Kona Blue was actually my first choice but having owned several black, dark colors for racing, I wanted to spend less time cleaning with a more solid color. I prefer dark colors for looks and show, but knowing how solid colors hide dust/dirt better, I thought I would try my luck and the fact that CO is exclusive to the Boss.

The cloudy, outside pics of the CO Boss w/white stripes, although dirty, is reminiscent of the Boss at the show (in my view). What stumps me is that none of the other surrounding cars displayed in the area under the same lighting show any goofy shading or discoloration.

Dave
The cloudy outside pics are of a Race Red car.
Old 1/20/11, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

I see your getting a CO Boss. Have you seen one in person yet? Yes Opinion? I'm buying one. Kona Blue was actually my first choice but having owned several black, dark colors for racing, I wanted to spend less time cleaning with a more solid color. I prefer dark colors for looks and show, but knowing how solid colors hide dust/dirt better, I thought I would try my luck and the fact that CO is exclusive to the Boss.

Dave
If you originally wanted Kona Blue, you DON'T like the photos you have seen and/or the one you have seen in person, where is the decision here?
Old 1/20/11, 09:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
It is??? If so that's the only photo I've seen of a red Boss with black stripes. I think it's orange. See the photo of the red pace car I poster earlier in this thread.
Old 1/20/11, 09:30 AM
V6 Member

Dean
Are you thinking the (red or orange) car in the parking lot is red? That's what I'm thinking, but it's a tough one.
Old 1/20/11, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's Red. I ordered Red, I have been thinking about changing to white or orange. I love all three, so it's hard.

pg
Old 1/20/11, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

The car in the parking lot is red too, the same as the driveway. We would have to ask S197Ford, but i'd lay dimes to dollars it's the same car.
Old 1/20/11, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

The road shot and the parking lot shot is the same car, same tags. It's red.
Old 1/20/11, 09:41 AM

The car in the parking lot is red too, the same as the driveway. We would have to ask S197Ford, but i'd lay dimes to dollars it's the same car.
The photos of the car on the road, in the parking lot next to a red truck, and the one in the driveway are all the same car. The only red one is the pace car. Red gets darker in cloudy skies not lighter. They do look similar though.
Old 1/20/11, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wonder if there is any chance we could get S197 to confirm the color on this car?
Old 1/20/11, 10:22 AM

Well at least we agree it's the same car.

BTW, I originally thought that car was red too. But someone else pointed out that it was orange. The photos and thread is on SVT. But you're right s197ford can clear this up. I'll send him a PM.
Old 1/20/11, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hate to impose on him, and it's very nice of him to lurk here, but this is kind of important to me, before I plunk down a great deal of my salary on this wonderful car. Thanks Ford - for building it.

Quick Reply: Boss at NAIAS