Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss got a Nail

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/12, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
What?!? $24 to patch a nail??? Should've went to Discount Tire...
Old 4/2/12, 12:38 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ive bought like 30 tires from discount tire and now they repair my tires for free.
Old 4/2/12, 12:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
ive bought like 30 tires from discount tire and now they repair my tires for free.
Discount tire has always been free
Old 4/2/12, 12:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

hmm makes sense
Old 4/2/12, 05:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear dude.

Also, it's their (possesion) not there (place).
Old 4/2/12, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Discount/ America's tire has always been free to repair and it's always worth it to get their tire replacement warranties. Did I mention their prices are always negotiable? They are the only guys in the industry i can send my mom to without worrying she's going to get ripped off
Old 4/3/12, 06:52 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrealFord
So I take it to Fords Quicklane Tire and Oil Change service garage and the tell me there gonna use a inside patch that also has a plug. I take it into garage area and a young kid says " If its a Z rated they cant patch it" Well I tell them just patch it from inside and Ill sign a waiver if I have to because in noway am I buying a new tire. The nail was well into the tread area, not near sides.
3 things;

A) That may be Ford's policy on Z rates tires and Possibly Pirelli's? But in most cases (like just about every tire manufacturer out there) you can perform a certain number of flat repairs that won't render a Z rated tire unservicable but may reduce the speed rating.

B) Did they actually go for the waiver bit and just put a patch on the inside?Ford knows better than that. A dealership on the west coast has a multi - million dollar settlement hanging on their heads for a improper flat repair. Creating a waiver in this instance is just admitting they were willing to place you and other motorists in danger. The proper course of action would have been to tow your vehicle to your home or to a place of business willing o repair the tire properly.

C) Never just get the tire patched on the inside, a patch/plug repair is the proper method for dealing with a puncture in the main tread area since this seals the tire inside and out allowing the tire to last its intended service life.

And hopefully they do right by about the wheel damage and either repair the wheel or replace it.
Old 4/3/12, 09:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bob

3 things;

A) That may be Ford's policy on Z rates tires and Possibly Pirelli's? But in most cases (like just about every tire manufacturer out there) you can perform a certain number of flat repairs that won't render a Z rated tire unservicable but may reduce the speed rating.

B) Did they actually go for the waiver bit and just put a patch on the inside?Ford knows better than that. A dealership on the west coast has a multi - million dollar settlement hanging on their heads for a improper flat repair. Creating a waiver in this instance is just admitting they were willing to place you and other motorists in danger. The proper course of action would have been to tow your vehicle to your home or to a place of business willing o repair the tire properly.

C) Never just get the tire patched on the inside, a patch/plug repair is the proper method for dealing with a puncture in the main tread area since this seals the tire inside and out allowing the tire to last its intended service life.

And hopefully they do right by about the wheel damage and either repair the wheel or replace it.
They didnt mention a waiver, that was my idea, they used a patch with a plug type repair.
I called today and the repair hasent been finished yet, I told them as long as I get it by Friday..
I really hate to have them replace the rim, but im hoping it doesnt look repaired otherwise Im gonna ask for replacement.
Car isnt 8 months old yet and has less then 1,600 miles.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 4/3/12 at 09:41 AM.
Old 4/3/12, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

They didnt mention a waiver, that was my idea, they used a patch with a plug type repair.
I called today and the repair hasent been finished yet, I told them as long as I get it by Friday..
I really hate to have them replace the rim, but im hoping it doesnt look repaired otherwise Im gonna ask for replacement.
Car isnt 8 months old yet and has less then 1,600 miles.

Give em hell and make them get you a new rim...
Old 4/3/12, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Give em hell and make them get you a new rim...
"make"
Old 4/3/12, 11:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Go in there with a good attitude, and give the wheel a reasonable evaluation. If they really did a ****ty job on the repair, then request a new wheel...but don't be an ******* about it. I'm sure the repair will be just fine though.
Old 4/3/12, 03:52 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

They didnt mention a waiver, that was my idea.
Even if you suggested it, its still on them, if they knowing place you in harms way or endanger the general public with a repair on your car, they are liable.

Well unless you carry a stack of waivers and pass them out as you pass people and get them to sign it

And its good they did the patch/plug. That's part of an RMA reccomended repair procedure which I believe Pirelli is part of ( gonna go look that up real quick in any event).
Old 4/3/12, 04:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Go in there with a good attitude, and give the wheel a reasonable evaluation. If they really did a ****ty job on the repair, then request a new wheel...but don't be an ******* about it. I'm sure the repair will be just fine though.
Exactly, I agree
Old 4/4/12, 01:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Ok, update:

I stopped by Ford to see if they heard about my wheel repair, well I caught them in a lie, the wheel was still sitting there and never was even looked at yet.
I asked to see rim and the damage is 2 small nicks on edge and then THE ENTIRE OUTER BARE ALUMINUM RIM EDGE WITH CLEAR COAT WAS SCRAPED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WHEEL.
Now im thinking of going back today to speak with a manager and tell him I want it replaced. Makes me upset they lied about sending it out and the amount of damage.
Old 4/4/12, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, update:

I stopped by Ford to see if they heard about my wheel repair, well I caught them in a lie, the wheel was still sitting there and never was even looked at yet.
I asked to see rim and the damage is 2 small nicks on edge and then THE ENTIRE OUTER BARE ALUMINUM RIM EDGE WITH CLEAR COAT WAS SCRAPED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WHEEL.
Now im thinking of going back today to speak with a manager and tell him I want it replaced. Makes me upset they lied about sending it out and the amount of damage.

Great customer service there...
Old 4/4/12, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ok, update:

So they haven't taken it to the wheel guy...Do they even have an appointment with him? I'd ask the manager to give you a definite date as to when it will be ready.
Old 4/5/12, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't want to go back and re read all the posts, but I assume you are still driving your boss? You running on some type of spare wheel?
Old 4/5/12, 05:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by osso12
I don't want to go back and re read all the posts, but I assume you are still driving your boss? You running on some type of spare wheel?
I put my Race Star wheels, with MT/ET Drag radials..

Name:  ForumRunner_20120405_074901.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  22.1 KB
Old 4/5/12, 06:28 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I put my Race Star wheels, with MT/ET Drag radials..
Wondering why you didn't just go with ET streets instead of drag radials? Certain class you are running in? Drag radials are ok but the ET's have the soft sidewalls that would do you better at the track. Unless these are the soft wall tires.
Old 4/5/12, 10:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Wondering why you didn't just go with ET streets instead of drag radials? Certain class you are running in? Drag radials are ok but the ET's have the soft sidewalls that would do you better at the track. Unless these are the soft wall tires.
You hit it on the head, the class im in I have to run radials! ..

Quick Reply: Boss got a Nail