2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss got a Nail

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/12, 10:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boss got a Nail?.UPDATE..FORD CAME THROUGH

My Boss has less then 1,500 miles and I got a small nail in the tire.

So I take it to Fords Quicklane Tire and Oil Change service garage and the tell me there gonna use a inside patch that also has a plug. I take it into garage area and a young kid says " If its a Z rated they cant patch it" Well I tell them just patch it from inside and Ill sign a waiver if I have to because in noway am I buying a new tire. The nail was well into the tread area, not near sides.

They call me later and I was expecting a "Its all Ready " but of course not, my luck he says" We have Bad news".. They patched it ok, but they scratched my wheel"...Grrrrrr
Well there gonna take it to their "wheel Guy " and have him fix it, they said the shiny lip part is scratched pretty good.

The only good thing is at least they didnt try to hide it or see if I would notice , so I cant be too upset..

Last edited by UnrealFord; 4/7/12 at 12:44 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 3/31/12, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. I have recently found a shop in the Bay Area that has some specialized equipment that will NOT scratch the rim and they also road force balance the wheels. Well worth the extra money. Of course I then promptly scratched the rims trying to get out of the gravel at Spring Mtn... But hey I can live with my damage.

For those interested, the shop I'm going to now is Custom Alignment in Mtn View, CA.
Old 3/31/12, 12:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrealFord

The only good thing is at least they didnt try to hide it or see if I would notice , so I cant be too upset..
Right. They came clean.
One of my wheels has a small scratch on the lip from the factory (or dealer). But being my first custom ordered new car in many years I was too dumb to speak up on the lot. I already had enough battles with them to ditch the adm.
Old 3/31/12, 12:13 PM

Had my wheels scratched recently as well. If their wheel guy is decent you won't even know they damaged it.
Old 3/31/12, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

My Boss has less then 1,500 miles and I got a small nail in the tire.

So I take it to Fords Quicklane Tire and Oil Change service garage and the tell me there gonna use a inside patch that also has a plug. I take it into garage area and a young kid says " If its a Z rated they cant patch it" Well I tell them just patch it from inside and Ill sign a waiver if I have to because in noway am I buying a new tire. The nail was well into the tread area, not near sides.

They call me later and I was expecting a "Its all Ready " but of course not, my luck he says" We have Bad news".. They patched it ok, but they scratched my wheel"...Grrrrrr
Well there gonna take it to their "wheel Guy " and have him fix it, they said the shiny lip part is scratched pretty good.

Car is a year old, make them order you a new one. Body shops have to use new parts if under 2 years old so maybe these jerks should??
Old 3/31/12, 12:44 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Just like a pretty woman with a beauty mark, your 302 has properly acquired its first scar. Get over it and enjoy the hell out of the car by driving, driving, driving. Scars will appear from time to time, fact of life for those who live it to the fullest.
Old 3/31/12, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Would that not be covered under the Bumper to Bumper warranty.
Old 3/31/12, 04:14 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Would that not be covered under the Bumper to Bumper warranty.
It's covered under the "We ****ed up your stuff and now we're responsible for fixing it" warranty.

That sucks, but at least they owned up to it. I'm sure it'll be good as new.
Old 3/31/12, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
It's covered under the "We ****ed up your stuff and now we're responsible for fixing it" warranty.

That sucks, but at least they owned up to it. I'm sure it'll be good as new.
Actually, even a judge wouldn't make them replace it, just fix it.
Old 3/31/12, 04:22 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Actually, even a judge wouldn't make them replace it, just fix it.
That's what I meant. I wouldn't expect a new wheel at all, but they have to get it fixed and make it look good.
Old 3/31/12, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
That's what I meant. I wouldn't expect a new wheel at all, but they have to get it fixed and make it look good.
:agreed:
Old 3/31/12, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Discount tire one time used a steel wheel machine to mount the tires on my 1996 Impala SS when it was about 2 years old. Scuffed all 4 lips and the lug area. They bought 4 new wheels...
Old 3/31/12, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They don't need to be replaced...scratches can be buffed out easily..
good ol 400, 600, 1200, 1200 wet, 1500 wet, and 2500 wet grit sand paper is your friend.
It can be polished out so you never can tell it was there.

Last edited by osso12; 3/31/12 at 07:25 PM.
Old 3/31/12, 07:30 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Discount tire one time used a steel wheel machine to mount the tires on my 1996 Impala SS when it was about 2 years old. Scuffed all 4 lips and the lug area. They bought 4 new wheels...
that was nice of them to do that since they only had to have them repaired. I hope you thanked them.
Old 4/1/12, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
that was nice of them to do that since they only had to have them repaired. I hope you thanked them.
Well, I guess some will settle for repaired wheels but I dont see why anyone has to settle if the car is less than a year old. This is what I would call keeping the customer happy. Discount treated me very well and they have a life long customer. Would that be gratitude enough?

Last edited by 1992chpb4c; 4/1/12 at 01:52 PM.
Old 4/1/12, 02:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

maybe. The finish on "repaired wheels" is nromally better then the finish of off the shelf wheels. New isnt always better. Just look at the orange peel on new cars next to the finish of aftermarket painted cars. If one wants to remove the orange peel you have to go get it refinished and that what the wheel guy does. Its like replacing a hood for a rock chip.. infact the only thing you replace because of damage is a windshield since the damage/crack can spread.
Old 4/1/12, 02:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Well, I guess some will settle for repaired wheels but I dont see why anyone has to settle if the car is less than a year old. This is what I would call keeping the customer happy. Discount treated me very well and they have a life long customer. Would that be gratitude enough?
I asked them if theres still a charge for the tire repair, they said yes $24.00
Old 4/1/12, 02:28 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I asked them if theres still a charge for the tire repair, they said yes $24.00
weak

tell them you are charging them a $25 a hour rental fee..
Old 4/1/12, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

maybe. The finish on "repaired wheels" is nromally better then the finish of off the shelf wheels. New isnt always better. Just look at the orange peel on new cars next to the finish of aftermarket painted cars. If one wants to remove the orange peel you have to go get it refinished and that what the wheel guy does. Its like replacing a hood for a rock chip.. infact the only thing you replace because of damage is a windshield since the damage/crack can spread.
If the wheel is remachined, I agree, but I have seen some crappy work too. New would match though. Hate to go to a car show with a super duper repaired wheel and everyone go, "hey, that 1 wheel sure is nice", loll.

weak

tell them you are charging them a $25 a hour rental fee..

Now everyone knows why you should push them for a new wheel. If you have to pay, so should they. What a$$hats!

Last edited by 1992chpb4c; 4/1/12 at 02:56 PM.
Old 4/1/12, 03:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

true

Last edited by Flagstang; 4/1/12 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Boss got a Nail