Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

boss engine oil cooler help

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/12, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jim woodruff
I sure agree to install it in the block.Installing in the hose does not tell you what is going on within the engine untill it is to late and does not give you true temp. readings. This did happen to me and my race engines were all modified for internal temp. readings including exhaust. Take3 it for what it is worth.
I agree with you 100% on this: Installing in the hose does not tell you what is going on within the engine untill it is to late and does not give you true temp. After installing the water temp sensor in the upper hose , the factory gauge moved before the gauge pod did. Only when the thermostat opens for flow will you get the true engine temp. By then it may be to late. For me this is not a concern. I only use my car for street and stress relief. so if your tracking your car you will want to remove the block heater plug and install it there. If your just going for looks then the upper rad. hose is the way to go. Thats what I love about TMS. You can get any information on any project that you are doing and know which direction you need to go and most important...What to do!
THANKS TO ALL THE TMS MEMBERS FOR THERE HELP!!!!
Old 1/7/12, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question about the oil cooler on the 302 series cars. I have no idea what thes new snap on hose conections are called and how they work. These are the hoses that snap on to the cooler at the belled tube ends. Thanks
Old 1/8/12, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Originally Posted by jim woodruff
I have a question about the oil cooler on the 302 series cars. I have no idea what thes new snap on hose conections are called and how they work. These are the hoses that snap on to the cooler at the belled tube ends. Thanks
I did not have to remove any hose connections so I also have no idea what they are called or what has to be done to remove them. I just removed the oil cooler which is between the oil filter and the block. Hoses gave me enough room to move it out of the way.
Old 1/10/12, 03:48 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick connect hoses are easy as pie to remove and replace. Just push down the gray tabs and pull back. They have o rings to seal inside and when too push down onto the barb fitting the gray collar locks them in place. Used on multiple places on the engine, I have removed and replaced a few times and they hold 28" of vacuum when refilling coolant no leaks.
Steve
Old 1/10/12, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

They sound like quick disconnect fittings on air lines. Good to know Thanks!