Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss 302 TracKey

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/11, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CDGun
I say Screw California and C.A.R.B. if they want special regulations on vehicles, the don't need the bad *** cars, more for the rest of the States that are not as stupid, don't infringe on our rights for your states legislation.
Just my 2 cents worth.
I guess you don't know about the other states that follow the same regulations.
Old 9/18/11, 01:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I guess you don't know about the other states that follow the same regulations.

We The Sheeple.
Old 9/18/11, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whammer

We The Sheeple.
Enjoy breathing, whammer
Old 9/18/11, 02:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Enjoy breathing, whammer
Meaning what? Cars are to blame for all the ills of the world?
Old 9/18/11, 02:27 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer

Meaning what? Cars are to blame for all the ills of the world?
Not herpes or crabs. Although they can be transmitted in cars.
Old 9/18/11, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
ive said this before but there are new folks here so i'll say it again. I was told by some of the guys at AM that should know the problem isn't just carb. The reason all the tuners that were offering cammed tunes a while back stopped was because Ford is trying to get the software patented. the first patent attempt didn't make it so they changed some things and retried. IDK what happened on the second attempt, but the patent thing was way back in May and the system is very slow. I sort of think the CARB thing is helping to cover the patent delay too giving something else to blame it on other than we want a patent so it can't be copied.
Shane you are correct regarding the patent. I spoke with my Ford rep and he said that Ford has a lot of time and money in R & D. And there is no way that they are going to allow this tune to be used by other tuners. From what I understand the launch control is what is unique to the trackey. He said it is most likely to be the end of the year before we will see it.
Old 9/18/11, 06:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
Shane you are correct regarding the patent. I spoke with my Ford rep and he said that Ford has a lot of time and money in R & D. And there is no way that they are going to allow this tune to be used by other tuners. From what I understand the launch control is what is unique to the trackey. He said it is most likely to be the end of the year before we will see it.
Aren't there other cars with launch control type of features? The launch control is really not that big of a deal, it just holds the RPM's steady so you can launch like John Force.

Your Ford rep at a dealer? If this person is not a Ford employee on the Mustang team or someone working on the project I would take his comment lightly.
Old 9/19/11, 05:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Aren't there other cars with launch control type of features? The launch control is really not that big of a deal, it just holds the RPM's steady so you can launch like John Force.

Your Ford rep at a dealer? If this person is not a Ford employee on the Mustang team or someone working on the project I would take his comment lightly.
there are lots of launch control features even the new blown camaro has one. i think the thing here is ford is trying to patent their tune launch control so tuners can't get the track key tune from someone and then build their own tunes off it. a patent covers derivative works.
Old 9/19/11, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

So long as they apply for the patent before they offer a product for sale, they are protected. I'm not sure why they would hold up release of the TracKey for the patent issue.
Old 9/19/11, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BOSS_man
So long as they apply for the patent before they offer a product for sale, they are protected. I'm not sure why they would hold up release of the TracKey for the patent issue.
The most prolific inventor of them all: Pat Pending
Old 9/19/11, 07:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
Wasn't the patent issue related to My Key?
I don't think it had to do with TK per se.

Bottomline- there is no reason for Ford to not be more forthcoming with information regarding the delay.
Old 9/19/11, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

the issue in my mind with that is if they release it patent pending, then the patent is denied its too late to keep the tune out of the hands of tuners because the patent wasn't issued. i guess they need the patent in hand (assuming any of that is accurate) to know for sure the tune is protected.
Old 9/19/11, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I thought the red key increased tq to 390
Originally Posted by ShaneM
the issue in my mind with that is if they release it patent pending, then the patent is denied its too late to keep the tune out of the hands of tuners because the patent wasn't issued. i guess they need the patent in hand (assuming any of that is accurate) to know for sure the tune is protected.
Once a patent is applied for, the product can be sold. If they don't get the patent initially, they can continue to fight with the examiner until they get the wording right. I had one patent that wasn't issued to me for 5 years - if anybody had violated the patent during that time they'd be liable for damages. 2x damages if they were aware of the patent and knowingly violated it (and nobody can claim they haven't heard of the TracKey! )
Old 9/19/11, 08:43 AM
Cobra Member

Once a patent is applied for, the product can be sold. If they don't get the patent initially, they can continue to fight with the examiner until they get the wording right. I had one patent that wasn't issued to me for 5 years - if anybody had violated the patent during that time they'd be liable for damages. 2x damages if they were aware of the patent and knowingly violated it (and nobody can claim they haven't heard of the TracKey! )
interesting, maybe this is all BS then. it's just now getting cool enough in texas for them to stop cancelling track days, im still looking for the track key tune.
Old 9/19/11, 10:46 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
The most prolific inventor of them all: Pat Pending
Ask Gibson. PAF's FTW!
Old 9/19/11, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually he is a service advisor for the mustangs. I may have miss quoted by saying the launch control was unique meaning the tune that Ford developed. My bad.
Old 9/20/11, 09:25 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by farmboy90
Obviously this means next to nothing, but the local dealer here told me TracKey was being released next week.

Originally Posted by cloud9
Hmm. If you're right my car's all track prepped for the Mustang Roundup at MPH next week.
If this person is not a Ford employee on the Mustang team or someone working on the project I would take his comment lightly.
Hello guys,

Ok, we are expecting approval from C.A.R.B. anytime now. Please stay tuned. (Yes, I’m praying within the week or so!!) You guys have been doing great with this wait!!

Deysha
Old 9/20/11, 09:29 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello guys,

Ok, we are expecting approval from C.A.R.B. anytime now. Please stay tuned. (Yes, I’m praying within the week or so!!) You guys have been doing great with this wait!!

Deysha
Straight from the horses mouth.
Old 9/20/11, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Hello guys,

Deysha
Deysha, I hope you know what you just did? This could get ugly. These guys have seen promise after promise fade away. They are getting very unbalanced and it's about to explode.
Old 9/20/11, 09:33 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Deysha, I hope you know what you just did? This could get ugly. These guys have seen promise after promise fade away. They are getting very unbalanced and it's about to explode.
Very true...

Quick Reply: Boss 302 TracKey