Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/11, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markham
I called the US customer service number in Deysha's signature and got incredible assistance and information. They had information, insight, and answers. They arranged to have my Service Manager and the Regional Ford rep arrange a time to meet and review the problems next week.

Night and day difference between the two.

I wish I lived in the US and also got the better pricing.
That is good to hear...Keep us updated on how things turn out. I think most people fear this when a problem may exist. I never had a problem with my car and I hope to never go through what you have.
Old 6/10/11, 11:10 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
boohooo I cant havea big cup in my cup holder of my track car that street legal. boohooo my hood that I must open about million times is hard to close.

crying wolf makes it hard for ford to help you because you are unhappy about so many things.

also

really .. cup holder??? did you even look at mustangs before or test drive?
Old 6/10/11, 11:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah the upholder sucks. But do dies it in almost any performance car I've owned. Seems mist of the time the design is a last minute, "crap, where are we going to put the cupholders?" issue. The tranny can be a bit clunky when cold and it's easy to miss a shift till you get used to the Boss approach, all out all the time. The mileage quoted is provided by our Government and not specific to the Boss. Having said that it gets almost exactly the same mileage as my 335i Coupe. Both fun cars in totally different ways. The Boss is a toy. A big silly, goofy put a dumb arsed smile on your face toy. I can live with that. Get the paint fixed though.
Old 6/11/11, 01:33 AM
Cobra Member

ps the little insert in teh front cup holder is removable to give you room for taller cups or bottles. if you have a really tall bottled water or something i took to putting it in the console bin that pops open on the center console.
Old 6/11/11, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
boohooo I cant havea big cup in my cup holder of my track car that street legal. boohooo my hood that I must open about million times is hard to close.

crying wolf makes it hard for ford to help you because you are unhappy about so many things.

also

really .. cup holder??? did you even look at mustangs before or test drive?

Flagstang,

Yah, the Dealership is loaded with Boss 302's in the showroom in March. I forgot to take one out for a test drive in the snow. And the dealer had no information about the car, about the same as now.

Most new cars I buy are sight unseen. I guess I will have to wait for a test drive of the New Viper before I place my order. Yah Sure.
Old 6/11/11, 06:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Flagstang,

Yah, the Dealership is loaded with Boss 302's in the showroom in March. I forgot to take one out for a test drive in the snow. And the dealer had no information about the car, about the same as now.

Most new cars I buy are sight unseen. I guess I will have to wait for a test drive of the New Viper before I place my order. Yah Sure.
What's the difference in the cup holder in a V6 or GT
Old 6/11/11, 07:05 PM
Banned

My mustang doesn't have a cup holder.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 6/11/11 at 07:09 PM.
Old 6/12/11, 08:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Vito
They'll take two Big Gulps and a 12 pack of Heineken.
Old 6/12/11, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
They'll take two Big Gulps and a 12 pack of Heineken.
Is that in an automatic
Old 6/12/11, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

My GF has a 2011 V6 and it has 2 cup holders. She says she can shift no problem with a tall water bottle (yes, it's a manual).
Old 6/12/11, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DCA911

You have to take into account the Canadian gallon.
The ratio is 1 gal(CAN) = 4.535 / 3.786 = 1.198 gal (US). Rounding this off to 3 significant figures, we find 1 gal(CAN) = 1.20 gal(US).

I also have a pdf of a Canadian sticker which clearly states 37mpg so even taking into account the larger Canadian gallon 1.2 x 26=31mpg but read the fine print on the U.S sticker it says up to 31mpg so 1.2 x 31=37mpg I hope this settles the question.
Awesome explanation.
Old 6/12/11, 10:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BOSS_man
My GF has a 2011 V6 and it has 2 cup holders. She says she can shift no problem with a tall water bottle (yes, it's a manual).
This contradicts other posts
Old 6/13/11, 12:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I had to smile when I read your initial post Makham. Most of the things you listed would not be an issue with me. I like a hood that needs to be dropped to close. I like a hood that is secure and will not pop up and hit the windshield at speed. I usually only use a cupholder to get from a fast food place to home. Cupholder design not much of an issue. The trackkey program is to come later thru no fault of Ford or your dealer. Paint defects are unfortunate but happen. Be glad there is no dent in the car. Dealers can have paint defects repaired quite well. I still own a car that arrived at the dealer with a dent in the fender due to vanadlism ,transportation, or some other issue. The dealer had a body shop remove the dent and repaint the area affected by the dent. Twenty five years later and I cannot tell where the dent was. I still treassure that car.

Last edited by 2 Go Snake; 6/13/11 at 12:44 AM.
Old 6/13/11, 02:09 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I forgot the boss doesnt share 95% of the smae parts of a v6 or GT mustang. oh wait

Flagstang,

Old 6/13/11, 02:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
road course or 1/4 mile?

beers
Old 6/13/11, 05:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I thought I was the only one that complained that my large cookie & cream shake hits my forearm when I'm shifiting! wtf is that? I can't even enjoy a good power shift at the track with a large slushie??? come on ford.
Old 6/13/11, 07:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
If I can get her confirmation that these matters are in fact problems that need attention, then I can take that to the dealer. Otherwise it is just barking up the wrong tree.

It is easy for the Dealer to blow off something they feel is a minor issue, but if I go to them with something like a TSB or bulletin, then they cannot deny the problems. I had a Chrysler with an old rockcrusher transmission that was quite noisy and that was normal. Similarly for Cummings diesels.

If she can provide me some meat for the dealer, then I will succeed, but anecdotal info will not get me far.

I look forward to a response. If not, I will escalate the issues to Ford Head Office and find out which Dealership is going to be accountable and arrange the costs of transport. I expect my local Dealership to help. I can hold the customer satisfaction survey over their heads as a last resort.
I called the US customer service number in Deysha's signature and got incredible assistance and information. They had information, insight, and answers. They arranged to have my Service Manager and the Regional Ford rep arrange a time to meet and review the problems next week.

Night and day difference between the two.

I wish I lived in the US and also got the better pricing.
Could you please message me your VIN Markham? I would like to know how the US was able to arrange this for you and make sure it was arranged in Canada.

Deysha
Old 6/13/11, 09:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
The transmission issue, the rattle, the paint flaw, are not normal, but are things that your dealer (or some other dealer if it comes to that) should resolve. Deysha can help you get something started with these problems, so you should take advantage of her offer of services here. She's a great asset to this site.
Thank you for your kind words Rather B.Blown!!

Deysha
Old 6/13/11, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thank you for your kind words Rather B.Blown!!

Deysha
I would have to say that we all share those sentiments, and have greatly appreciated your help, and willingness to provide information.
Old 6/13/11, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
I would have to say that we all share those sentiments, and have greatly appreciated your help, and willingness to provide information.
Yup.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford