Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/11, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rjaniz

That sticker is from a Boss302. Looks like 26 highway is perfectly in line, not 37 (perhaps you meant Kilometer?).
You have to take into account the Canadian gallon.
The ratio is 1 gal(CAN) = 4.535 / 3.786 = 1.198 gal (US). Rounding this off to 3 significant figures, we find 1 gal(CAN) = 1.20 gal(US).

I also have a pdf of a Canadian sticker which clearly states 37mpg so even taking into account the larger Canadian gallon 1.2 x 26=31mpg but read the fine print on the U.S sticker it says up to 31mpg so 1.2 x 31=37mpg I hope this settles the question.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WindowSticker canada.pdf (122.1 KB, 186 views)
Old 6/9/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DCA911
I also have a pdf of a Canadian sticker which clearly states 37mpg so even taking into account the larger Canadian gallon 1.2 x 26=31mpg but read the fine print on the U.S sticker it says up to 31mpg so 1.2 x 31=37mpg I hope this settles the question.
Indeed it does a bit. I was not aware an empirical unit of measure changes up in Canada.

So with said, I apologize for the BS flag.
Old 6/9/11, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

The hood issues are most likely because the hood itself is light, most cars have heavy hoods but I've noticed the mustangs hood is very light.

The cup holder thing is kinda crappy but I have found that if you get a can then it's not in the way but a bottle is, just what I've noticed

The mpg issue, well maybe the cars mpg counter is in US gallons, that might be why it's not reading right

Last edited by hahnsolo78; 6/9/11 at 01:03 PM.
Old 6/9/11, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Markham
Not a waxer. I drive my cars, but when you are far from just about everywhere, it is nice to listen to something during the drive.

I have a vette and will get a newer vette and it does have a usable drink holder for shifiting. I like many vehicles and enjoy them.

I guess Mustangs are for half pepsi sippers. I usually have a bottle of beverage and it would be nice to have it somewhere in the car.

I am not a BMW fan so I would not know.

If you leave a vehicle running in a hay field the converters will light it up within minutes. It will not run out of gas, it will ignite the field and vehicle in minutes. Do some research.

Look at the MPG rating for Canada and see for yourself.

I have a Viper and the rating is 16 MPG and I get 16 MPG. It is not a Leaf or a hybrid. I expect claims to be accurate.

I am not a complainer. I took the car to the dealership and they said all is fine and normal. Do you consider these items normal? I understand that the cupholder is not a defect, just poor planning but all Standard vehicles have a cup holder in a viable place and I use them.

Sorry for trying to get feedback on some valid concerns. I guess a Boss buyer only uses them on the track and likely does not license them or drive them. I am sadly one of the exceptions that likes to drive my vehicle and not race it.

Hmm good point, wait a minute.

Yeah, we still think you're a complainer
Old 6/9/11, 02:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
I'm thinking maybe a Lexus. I've heard the cabin is nice and quiet on those as well.
My wife can confirm that but my minivan has a lot more cup holders. I can't wait for less cupholder and quicker WOT runs.
Old 6/9/11, 03:18 PM
Banned

It is the US gallon that is likely the only gallon on the planet that uses a different measure.

As for the MPG being in American gallons, it is not. The L/100 KM works out to 26 MPG.

As for the cupholder, it shows poor engineering or lack of care that an automatic vehicle and a standard vehicle should have different consoles.

I do have quicker WOT runs. I have the vette. Slightly less HP and significantly less weight makes it for a quicker 0-60 quicker 0 - Quarter Mile and a top speed out of the box of 182 MPH.
Old 6/9/11, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

In all seriousness. I have had 4 Vettes in the past 15 years. My last one being an 2008 LS3 A6. I have also had a Challenger and a GTO in the midst. I too had a WTF moment the moment I first sat in the Boss and attempted to place my bottled water and put it in gear. Bad design I agree. I think there is plenty of space on the lower portion of the door trim panel to place an angled cup holder. There are lots of issues with the Boss that could be improved as far as confort and design, granted. But bottom line that was NEVER the point of Ford when they decided to come out with the Boss and they were very public about it in all there publications and THAT is what made me finally decide to get rid of my Vette and get the Boss. As far as acceleration. I had my Vette running 10.90's all day long, but bone stock it ran a best of 12.00 out of the box. We have already seen someone do an 11.7 with the Boss. As far as handling, my Z51 Vette with IRS never felt as stable in sharp uneven curves as this Boss does. Bottom line, I suggest you lick your wounds and realize that the Boss is not for you, any Mustang for that matter. Just sell it while the guns are still smoking, you never know you might even make a profit. The Vette's definately got the Boss on top speed, but as far as I am concerned, Bonneville is not part of my daily commute. Just put it up for sale and you may like the returns
Old 6/9/11, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brawlin' Boss
In all seriousness. I have had 4 Vettes in the past 15 years. My last one being an 2008 LS3 A6. I have also had a Challenger and a GTO in the midst. I too had a WTF moment the moment I first sat in the Boss and attempted to place my bottled water and put it in gear. Bad design I agree. I think there is plenty of space on the lower portion of the door trim panel to place an angled cup holder. There are lots of issues with the Boss that could be improved as far as confort and design, granted. But bottom line that was NEVER the point of Ford when they decided to come out with the Boss and they were very public about it in all there publications and THAT is what made me finally decide to get rid of my Vette and get the Boss. As far as acceleration. I had my Vette running 10.90's all day long, but bone stock it ran a best of 12.00 out of the box. We have already seen someone do an 11.7 with the Boss. As far as handling, my Z51 Vette with IRS never felt as stable in sharp uneven curves as this Boss does. Bottom line, I suggest you lick your wounds and realize that the Boss is not for you, any Mustang for that matter. Just sell it while the guns are still smoking, you never know you might even make a profit. The Vette's definately got the Boss on top speed, but as far as I am concerned, Bonneville is not part of my daily commute. Just put it up for sale and you may like the returns
Brawlin,

Thanks for the honest response. I do not want to sell it and take the loss. It is hard earned money that bought it. Each car is different. The vette is enjoyable for certain driving. The viper is enjoyable for certain driving and the Boss will be enjoyable for certain driving. I just expected a little more quality in the product. I am not disappointed but frustrated by the conflicting information. I also want the trackey, but found out it is another piece of misinformation that I do not need to elaborate on.

The quarter mile is the same as Bonneville. You will never really see those speeds. But I do enjoy 0- 60 anywhere.

I will enjoy the car for what it is, but wanted to know if the Dealer and Ford were being unreasonable. I see that they are providing what seems to be acceptable customer service and Caveat Emptor is the phrase for buying a Boss.

I can live with that if I am not the exception to the rule.

I will enjoy the Boss for what it is.

Last edited by guest1234; 6/9/11 at 04:04 PM.
Old 6/9/11, 04:16 PM
GT Member

wanna easter egg...

kinda reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gFL7FBe_PA
Old 6/9/11, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

A little bugs goes a long way
Old 6/9/11, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If you leave a vehicle running in a hay field the converters will light it up within minutes. It will not run out of gas, it will ignite the field and vehicle in minutes. Do some research.
I think if you did this, you would be facing a little more problem than destroying a vehicle in anger :-)

That said, your subsequent posts have clarified your initial one. I do sincerely hope some of the defects are resolved to your satisfaction. I believe from Ford Customer Service here can help escalate your concerns for additional action.

Good luck!
Old 6/9/11, 09:32 PM
Cobra R Member

I need to learn how to properly hold the shifter and shift, the dam cup Never gets in the way
Old 6/9/11, 10:24 PM
FR500 Member

They are insistent that the Highway mileage of 37 MPG (Canada) posted on the window sticker is achievable but with cruise control on and travelling on the highway at 62 MPH on a flat Prairie highway and only achieving 26 MPG is absolutely wrong.

And all this without seeing the vehicle.

Has anyone else had these problems?
I believe that the Canadian mileage ratings don't use the 'more realistic driving cycle' the U.S. put into practice a few years back. This is why people can hit the 26mpg number, but 37 is unattainable. It's not Ford's fault, it's our government's.

Last edited by PTRocks; 6/9/11 at 10:35 PM.
Old 6/10/11, 08:59 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I picked up my Kona Blue Boss 302 yesterday evening in Irving, TX and drove it 225 miles home to The Woodlands. With all respect to Markham (and I aplogize for my earlier cup holder crack), I have the following observations:

1. This car is amazingly fast. I am not sure I can handle to TracKey option if it adds any performance.
2. The dealer told me that you have to get an add-in module for satellite radio.
3. My hood closes fine, but you do have to let it free fall from about 2 feet.
4. The shifter is tight, but precise. I heard no clunk. I did downshift into 3rd a couple of times when I was going for 5th.
5. No rattles anywhere. It is really tight.
6. Paint is good.
7. I drank a large Starbucks frappacino (bottle), small coffe, and Dr Pepper in the can on the drive and no problem with shift interference. But was cruising on the highway the whole time.
8. Computer indicated 22mpg using cruise control at 70mph on open freeway. I am happy with that. My DD is a Honda Element, it gets 23mpg, but has the aerodynamics of a toaster.
9. This car is fun, and I think my clean driving record is soon to be a thing of the past.
Old 6/10/11, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I believe that the Canadian mileage ratings don't use the 'more realistic driving cycle' the U.S. put into practice a few years back. This is why people can hit the 26mpg number, but 37 is unattainable. It's not Ford's fault, it's our government's.
+1, The last time I check the gas mileage ratings come from the EPA not Ford. Did you really think a 3600 lbs car with 444 hp and 3.73 gears would get 37 mpg?

As far as the hood goes, they are all like that. I think it's a combination of a light hood and a strong latch spring. I rather have to drop the hood from 2 feet than have it open on me at triple digit speeds.
The cup holders are not the best design but still better than the ones in my M3.

Hope you learn to love this car like the rest of us do.
Old 6/10/11, 01:42 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I have received nothing but BS from Ford Customer Service in Canada.
Every time I email the Canadian Customer Service, they tell me misinformation.
1. They are insistent that if I go to my local Ford Dealership they will program my Trackey for me.
2. They are insistent that my Satellite radio came with a trial yet my radio says that No Satellite Radio but cannot address the issue that the windows sticker says Satellite capable means it is not working right now.
3. They are insistent that my hood does not have a problem closing.
4. They are insistent that my clutch and transmission does not clunk when applied at no throttle or any throttle position.
5. They are insistent that my tire cover does not rattle.
6. They are insistent that the paint flaw (red spot under clear coat) is not present on my vehicle.
7. They are insistent that the cup holder is not in the way of my shifter if a cup is placed in it.
8. They are insistent that the Highway mileage of 37 MPG (Canada) posted on the window sticker is achievable but with cruise control on and travelling on the highway at 62 MPH on a flat Prairie highway and only achieving 26 MPG is absolutely wrong.

And all this without seeing the vehicle.

Has anyone else had these problems?
Hi Markham,

I would like to see how I can help. Could you please message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info (full name and daytime number)?

Deysha
Old 6/10/11, 03:41 PM
Banned

Deysha,

There is no need for you to assist as most members said that these things were normal and that I am complaining without merit, so I doubt there is much you can do.

If you can tell me that these items are not normal, then I will take your assesment to my local dealer with some proof, but until then, they are not willing to do anything nor is Ford.

Thanks anyhow.

Mark
Old 6/10/11, 03:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Deysha,

There is no need for you to assist as most members said that these things were normal and that I am complaining without merit, so I doubt there is much you can do.

If you can tell me that these items are not normal, then I will take your assesment to my local dealer with some proof, but until then, they are not willing to do anything nor is Ford.

Thanks anyhow.

Mark
The transmission issue, the rattle, the paint flaw, are not normal, but are things that your dealer (or some other dealer if it comes to that) should resolve. Deysha can help you get something started with these problems, so you should take advantage of her offer of services here. She's a great asset to this site.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/10/11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 6/10/11, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
The transmission issue, the rattle, the paint flaw, are not normal, but are things that your dealer (or some other dealer if it comes to that) should resolve. Deysha can help you get something started with these problems, so you should take advantage of her offer of services here. She's a great asset to this site.

If I can get her confirmation that these matters are in fact problems that need attention, then I can take that to the dealer. Otherwise it is just barking up the wrong tree.

It is easy for the Dealer to blow off something they feel is a minor issue, but if I go to them with something like a TSB or bulletin, then they cannot deny the problems. I had a Chrysler with an old rockcrusher transmission that was quite noisy and that was normal. Similarly for Cummings diesels.

If she can provide me some meat for the dealer, then I will succeed, but anecdotal info will not get me far.

I look forward to a response. If not, I will escalate the issues to Ford Head Office and find out which Dealership is going to be accountable and arrange the costs of transport. I expect my local Dealership to help. I can hold the customer satisfaction survey over their heads as a last resort.
Old 6/10/11, 05:04 PM
Banned

I called the US customer service number in Deysha's signature and got incredible assistance and information. They had information, insight, and answers. They arranged to have my Service Manager and the Regional Ford rep arrange a time to meet and review the problems next week.

Night and day difference between the two.

I wish I lived in the US and also got the better pricing.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford