Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/11, 05:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Markham
I have received nothing but BS from Ford Customer Service in Canada.
Every time I email the Canadian Customer Service, they tell me misinformation.
1. They are insistent that if I go to my local Ford Dealership they will program my Trackey for me.
2. They are insistent that my Satellite radio came with a trial yet my radio says that No Satellite Radio but cannot address the issue that the windows sticker says Satellite capable means it is not working right now.
3. They are insistent that my hood does not have a problem closing.
4. They are insistent that my clutch and transmission does not clunk when applied at no throttle or any throttle position.
5. They are insistent that my tire cover does not rattle.
6. They are insistent that the paint flaw (red spot under clear coat) is not present on my vehicle.
7. They are insistent that the cup holder is not in the way of my shifter if a cup is placed in it.
8. They are insistent that the Highway mileage of 37 MPG (Canada) posted on the window sticker is achievable but with cruise control on and travelling on the highway at 62 MPH on a flat Prairie highway and only achieving 26 MPG is absolutely wrong.

And all this without seeing the vehicle.

Has anyone else had these problems?
This is in a Boss 302 and you're getting 26 MPG ?? That's outstanding in my opinion. Sounds like you probably should've bought a loaded V6 automatic.
Every Mustang I've owned had the same hood issue, you had to drop it a good distance to get it to close correctly. I doubt you would find any car that is 100% perfect.
Old 6/9/11, 06:45 AM
V6 Member

I have received nothing but BS from Ford Customer Service in Canada.
Every time I email the Canadian Customer Service, they tell me misinformation.
1. They are insistent that if I go to my local Ford Dealership they will program my Trackey for me.
2. They are insistent that my Satellite radio came with a trial yet my radio says that No Satellite Radio but cannot address the issue that the windows sticker says Satellite capable means it is not working right now.
3. They are insistent that my hood does not have a problem closing.
4. They are insistent that my clutch and transmission does not clunk when applied at no throttle or any throttle position.
5. They are insistent that my tire cover does not rattle.
6. They are insistent that the paint flaw (red spot under clear coat) is not present on my vehicle.
7. They are insistent that the cup holder is not in the way of my shifter if a cup is placed in it.
8. They are insistent that the Highway mileage of 37 MPG (Canada) posted on the window sticker is achievable but with cruise control on and travelling on the highway at 62 MPH on a flat Prairie highway and only achieving 26 MPG is absolutely wrong.

I would immediately sell your obvious lemon. That would show Customer Service you are serious. This would also result in one very happy new owner of a slightly used Boss!
Old 6/9/11, 08:21 AM
Banned

All problems on Vehicle are solved.

Last edited by guest1234; 6/17/11 at 10:10 PM.
Old 6/9/11, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think your expectations are out of line with reality. I think you will disappointed with the Vette as well. A $165k Aston should do it of course it isn't as fast as your Boss or the Vette.
Old 6/9/11, 08:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
From your post, it sounds like you have not taken your car to a service department and are only contacting a helpdesk.

Is this correct?
Old 6/9/11, 08:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
And if you left your car running, it most likely would run out of gas, not burn up.
Old 6/9/11, 08:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
If you have a free hand for drinking coffee, then you are not driving the car in the manner it was intended. The price point reflects the performance, not the "driver luxuries".
Old 6/9/11, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

a few people have found paint flaws that dealers have fixed. as for the hood, it is harder to close than my 10 was, but i figure for a car that can do 155 out of the box on the track and very likely will at some point ford went with a different spring or something. as for the cup holder, that isn't any one's fault but your own dude. you just have to look inside a stang to see that is an issue. i simply ban anyone from drinking anything other than cans in the car.

as for the radio, you can have siruis added. i for one am glad it didn't come on the boss, i never used it on my 10 and the antenna on the trunk is ugly as well. as for fuel economy, so much can affect that as has been said right down to the quality of your fuel. the us boss has nothing about 37mpg on it, i suspect you are misreading. if you though a 444hp race car with license plates was going to sip fuel like a prius you really didnt do your research. seriously i average 15mpg and could care less. sound like you just didnt do your research and bought a car sight unseen, that is on you dude. not trying to be a **** here, but nothing on your list other than the paint is a true issue IMHO. the rest is nit picky things you need to live with or just sell the car to someone that knows what they are getting and take this as a life lesson to research before you buy something there are numerous forums on the web where all of these things have been talked about including this one.
Old 6/9/11, 09:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
a few people have found paint flaws that dealers have fixed. as for the hood, it is harder to close than my 10 was, but i figure for a car that can do 155 out of the box on the track and very likely will at some point ford went with a different spring or something.
The 2011 and 2012 GT's I've looked at were difficult to close without dropping the hood from a high position. Almost impossible to close by pressing down with your hands.
Old 6/9/11, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
The 2011 and 2012 GT's I've looked at were difficult to close without dropping the hood from a high position. Almost impossible to close by pressing down with your hands.
interesting, the 10 would drop and close from only a few inches. i just slam mine on teh boss, id rather have a scuffed hood catch thingy than two palm-size dents on the hood from pressing.
Old 6/9/11, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry, but I can't resist. I don't own a Vette for one simple reason. Most owners are what we call waxers. The C6 Z06 is a track animal (for those that use them for their intended purpose.) I think a Vette would be a much better fit.
Old 6/9/11, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

That sticker is from a Boss302. Looks like 26 highway is perfectly in line, not 37 (perhaps you meant Kilometer?).
Old 6/9/11, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Are you seriously *****ing about the cupholder? Anyone can see it's in the way of the shifter. Its been that way for years. Also you should always drop the hood to close. Any hood for that matter. Its better for the hood. You shouldn't press your hands on the hood to shut it.

The cup holders have always be a wtf moment. MY 96 cobra has this little plastic holder that u pull out of the center arm rest.....and My 08's cup holders get in the way of shifting with the smallest of cups in it. Its just the way it is. If you want alot of cup holder options, may I suggest a mini van
Old 6/9/11, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 96COBRAvert
If you want alot of cup holder options, may I suggest a mini van
I'm thinking maybe a Lexus. I've heard the cabin is nice and quiet on those as well.
Old 6/9/11, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Shall we start the bidding on a slightly used and obviously very messed up BOSS 302?
No reserve?
First bid?
Old 6/9/11, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Shall we start the bidding on a slightly used and obviously very messed up BOSS 302?
No reserve?
First bid?
5K. More than reasonable given the obvious problems and issues. I'll even throw in shipping.
Old 6/9/11, 10:39 AM
GT Member

This has looked like a troll thread from the start!
Old 6/9/11, 10:57 AM
GT Member

Complaining about the cup holders! Obviously you haven't crossed shopped a BMW 3 series.
Old 6/9/11, 11:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
I'm sorry, but I can't resist. I don't own a Vette for one simple reason. Most owners are what we call waxers. The C6 Z06 is a track animal (for those that use them for their intended purpose.) I think a Vette would be a much better fit.
I wish there were a filter on Corvetteforum to auto ignore threads about seat covers and zaino
Old 6/9/11, 12:32 PM
Banned

Sorry for trying to get feedback on some valid concerns. I guess a Boss buyer only uses them on the track and likely does not license them or drive them. I am sadly one of the exceptions that likes to drive my vehicle and not race it.

Last edited by guest1234; 6/17/11 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get nothing but BS from Ford