Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/12, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Even cooler is that Todd Soderquist won the top Overall Stock Award -- best driver in the class counting all events.

He let his dad drive his other Laguna Seca and Doug was able to win 3rd in the road race competition.

Gary definitely had some of the hard luck of the weekend, but boy is his story cool about how Mark Wilson got him the parts and Loren Kellar got him put back together to compete. Gary was a class act the whole weekend and he could have whined and moaned about his misfortune, but he just plugged away and turned in solid , fast times as always.

Kudos also go to his wife Teresa , who worked hard all weekend with Dawn Rost , compiling times, handing out trophies, registering folks, handing out packets , and more. We voted in that since they are both very competent , and frankly easy on the eyes, we would really appreciate it they worked themselves to death again next year!!!
Old 9/24/12, 12:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fastoldman
Even cooler is that Todd Soderquist won the top Overall Stock Award -- best driver in the class counting all events.

He let his dad drive his other Laguna Seca and Doug was able to win 3rd in the road race competition.

Gary definitely had some of the hard luck of the weekend, but boy is his story cool about how Mark Wilson got him the parts and Loren Kellar got him put back together to compete. Gary was a class act the whole weekend and he could have whined and moaned about his misfortune, but he just plugged away and turned in solid , fast times as always.

Kudos also go to his wife Teresa , who worked hard all weekend with Dawn Rost , compiling times, handing out trophies, registering folks, handing out packets , and more. We voted in that since they are both very competent , and frankly easy on the eyes, we would really appreciate it they worked themselves to death again next year!!!
fastoldman lived up to his name by flying around that track turning fast times and bringing home some hardware. However, I'm not buying the "old" part since he doesn't look, act or drive "old". Heck, Joe Johnson was out there absolutely tearing it up in his 302S at age 75!

The ladies just showed how they're the ones really in charge, but thanks to everyone's help turning this into such a big event, they're thinking George needs to hire some help for next year.
Old 9/24/12, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Thanks Gary, and since I was able to take the home the same trophy you got last year, I hope it is not an omen for next year that my shocks will go on the fritz.

Gary is pretty modest and wasn't making any excuses that the struts were out of alignment, but though he was very fast, we all know he was even faster last year. I have to honestly believe he will find the car was not at the optimal alignment specs and it likely affected his runs. In fact I may have to tutor him in the fine art of sport smack, as he had all the excuses built in to argue why he wasn't killing all the rest of us, and he never uttered a complaint to my ears. Just ain't right, as any good racer knows he has to keep up the excuses for why his run wasn't his best and Gary let us all figure it out on our own -- stop being a class act, or was it just all a front because Teresa was working so hard at the track that she would have just told you ," I don't want to hear about it, Gary, I'm doing the work of 4 women right now and I don't want to talk about your struts?"

Last edited by Fastoldman; 9/24/12 at 03:09 PM.
Old 9/24/12, 01:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Trying to figure out how to hit Pueblo or High Plains Raceway on the way to/from the 2013 event...
Old 9/24/12, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
Trying to figure out how to hit Pueblo or High Plains Raceway on the way to/from the 2013 event...
I don't think High Plains has their 2013 schedule out yet, but you could drop your car, trailer, etc at my place, fly home and then come back out

I'm right smak in the middle between Pueblo (100 miles south) and HPR (90 miles Northeast.
Old 9/24/12, 07:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let's continue this discussion in Feb 2013!
Old 9/25/12, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Some pics from the event:
Staged and ready:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Ford boys:

Driver's Meeting:

The Cougar:

Terry's Garage:

Todd and his Dad Doug with # LS022 from both 2012 and 2013

Winner's Circle:

Some of the car show entrants:

Opening night at the Super Screen Theatre:

The nemesis Turn 12:
Old 9/25/12, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I'd like to see / hear more about that grabber blue gt car...that car looks great!
Old 9/25/12, 09:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
I'd like to see / hear more about that grabber blue gt car...that car looks great!
That's my buddy's. It's an awesome build. He won the road race competition in the modified class with it. It's been pretty cool to watch him transform it over last winter and this summer. We both put on the Tiger hoods and installed the MM 4 pts last winter. He added the 302S wing, LS splitter and 302S grille about a month ago. There is a Boss intake and Steeda CAI on the engine. Suspension includes Koni yellows, adj LCAs, Steeda UCA and Fays2 Watts link. Cooltech oil cooler and LED gauges, Sparco removable steering wheel and Sparco seats inside. There are probably another dozen things I'm leaving out

Last edited by cloud9; 9/25/12 at 09:25 AM.
Old 9/25/12, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Some of the car show entrants:
i got in on the far left

would love to see if you or anyone got anymore of my 13 Sterling Gray GT or my buddies 03 Black Cobra 10th ann vert

chdspny@gmail.com
Old 9/25/12, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

I've got a fair number of pics, using Flickr for the first time, we'll see how it goes...

Last edited by CO_VaporGT_09; 9/25/12 at 11:19 AM.
Old 9/25/12, 11:50 AM
Cobra Member

Saturday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4492915...7631621455465/

Sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4492915...7631621755642/
Old 9/25/12, 12:31 PM
Cobra Member

Old 9/25/12, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Great pics Josh and thanks for sharing. Your Vapor GT looked great by the way. I noticed in the second to last of your Sunday pics you must have seen the CO Boss spin in front of me out of turn 13. That was a pretty cool the move he made and wonder what it looked like from the grandstands. I wrote about it on another forum:

There was one time I actually wished I had put a camera in the car. It was when I was chasing the Chicane CO Boss and he spun it right in the middle of track coming around #13. I was waiting for him to spin off to one side or the other becuase I was turning a pretty fast lap and didn't want to shut it down right before the start/finish line, but he ended up coming to a stop smack dab in the middle of the track. I don't think he realized I saw the whole thing going down and still had time to avoid him because he threw it into reverse and backed the h*** right out of there! My wife was in the timing shack watching the whole thing and when he slammed it in reverse she said the track announcer made the comment "that was the best maneuver of the weekend! "
Old 9/25/12, 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Old 9/25/12, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Great pics Josh and thanks for sharing. Your Vapor GT looked great by the way. I noticed in the second to last of your Sunday pics you must have seen the CO Boss spin in front of me out of turn 13. That was a pretty cool the move he made and wonder what it looked like from the grandstands. I wrote about it on another forum:

There was one time I actually wished I had put a camera in the car. It was when I was chasing the Chicane CO Boss and he spun it right in the middle of track coming around #13. I was waiting for him to spin off to one side or the other becuase I was turning a pretty fast lap and didn't want to shut it down right before the start/finish line, but he ended up coming to a stop smack dab in the middle of the track. I don't think he realized I saw the whole thing going down and still had time to avoid him because he threw it into reverse and backed the h*** right out of there! My wife was in the timing shack watching the whole thing and when he slammed it in reverse she said the track announcer made the comment "that was the best maneuver of the weekend! "
Actually, I was out on track with you (doing my best to not get lapped, so hopefully you never even saw me ), but my wife was taking the pictures. She does a decent job, glad to have her there, but I would have been sure to get more of that little maneuver on film .

Old 9/25/12, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
Actually, I was out on track with you
That's what I thought! I was pretty sure I gridded right behind you that session, but when I saw the pic thought maybe I was confused

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
(doing my best to not get lapped, so hopefully you never even saw me )
Not really a fair fight with a 4.6 against a Boss motor. You were driving that bad boy really well!

Last edited by cloud9; 9/25/12 at 12:46 PM.
Old 9/25/12, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Sunday

Old 9/25/12, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Can you say body roll?

Old 9/25/12, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Though I was on the track during the weekend , these last shots show what a great group of owners showed up for the car show. This should help us get alot more folks out for the 2013 Event, as the car show portion of the Roundup was every bit as cool as the track time. I think showing folks out there the great display of Mustangs and Fords will bring in even more enthusiasts ---- and we all seem to party at about the same level in the evening at the Clubhouse, ha!

PS - thanks for the pictures of the Comp. Orange Spin out. I came in the pits because my traction control kept kicking in and out even though it was shut off ( literally showed both on and off at the same time on the dash) and everyone kept telling me about my spin - thought I was in for the infraction. Though I denied it, folks would laugh and say, yeh sure --- now I have the proof, ha,ha.

Last edited by Fastoldman; 9/25/12 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!