2012-2013 BOSS 302

2013 Colors

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/11, 08:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneM
but i was never really a fan of the 70's boss stripes.
A year ago I was thinking I liked the '70 stripes better but now I think the '69 stripe has more character or attitude.
Old 8/27/11, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still feeling the '70, but thats from the original cars. Until I can see it on a modern mustang in go to market trim I only think I am going to like it more... We'll see.
Old 8/27/11, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

New instrument cluster w/ 4.2" LCD message center and
MyColour®

^^ that equals MyFord Touch. Ford is trying to get that into all its cars.
No it doesn't. It equals a 4.2" LCD message center.

As for school bus yellow, grabber orange isn't yellow looking at all though isnt YB nothing but grabber orange with some pearl? i wish so badly they would use screaming yellow on a boss, that would look soooo good.
While I wish GO looked less yellow, it is a running joke among my friends that my car is yellow. It looks yellow enough that total strangers will say "whose yellow car is that?".
Old 8/27/11, 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
No it doesn't. It equals a 4.2" LCD message center.

While I wish GO looked less yellow, it is a running joke among my friends that my car is yellow. It looks yellow enough that total strangers will say "whose yellow car is that?".

ford took a beating on myford touch, it was so hard to use. im just thinking that it makes little sense to take up 4.2-inches in the dash for a big LCD whose sole purpose is to show the messages we already get on the smaller screen. im thinking that the next version of myford touch will be single screen and much easier to use. myford touch goes with sync so i am assuming that after the beating the system available now took that with sync coming and the boss being a halo car it would get whatever redesigned system ford comes out with. Time will tell, but if myford touch = suck in the minds of many, it would make sense to ditch the name and call it something else, like perhaps 4.2-inch LCD message screen.
Old 8/27/11, 09:12 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

ford took a beating on myford touch, it was so hard to use. im just thinking that it makes little sense to take up 4.2-inches in the dash for a big LCD whose sole purpose is to show the messages we already get on the smaller screen. im thinking that the next version of myford touch will be single screen and much easier to use. myford touch goes with sync so i am assuming that after the beating the system available now took that with sync coming and the boss being a halo car it would get whatever redesigned system ford comes out with. Time will tell, but if myford touch = suck in the minds of many, it would make sense to ditch the name and call it something else, like perhaps 4.2-inch LCD message screen.
I'm thinking the 4.2-inch LCD message screen will be similar or identical to the one found in the new F-Series pickups, and nothing to do with MyFord Touch.

Old 8/27/11, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

They are two different things. Not sure how much more clear I can be.
Old 8/27/11, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

i've seen that one in the trucks, the raptor has a cool one and the 4x4 trucks have some really cool apps inside for off roading. it would be cool to get some track specific ones in there.

im not denying that MFT and that screen in the trucks are different. im just saying i know for a fact they are redesigning the entire MFT system and wondering if the next boss will get a new version with a single screen, granted it could be the truck system in the car. either way im curious to see what they get up to.

Last edited by ShaneM; 8/27/11 at 09:19 PM.
Old 8/27/11, 09:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be alittle ticked off knowing they are going to change all that from 1 yr in Boss Platform.
Old 8/27/11, 09:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
I will be alittle ticked off knowing they are going to change all that from 1 yr in Boss Platform.
most of that stuff inst things I would use. id lie sync, but that is all i miss from my 10 premium. i fiddled with the my color once in a year to add some red to match the boost gauge. even if they put performance gauges in that info screen they wont be particularly useful on the track or driving. what would **** me off is if they changed the recaros in a way that made them less subject to wear.

those of us that drive these cars often will fin in the next few years that the seats don't last at all. i've already got threads starting to get rough to the point that they stick up on the passenger side from my kids getting in and out and on the bolster on the driver seat. the alcantra wheel gets most of the rub when i get in and out, that stuff holds up very well. they should have made the entire side bolster of those seats alcantra not fabric with a little faux suede insert.
Old 8/27/11, 09:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach1mania
Well none of them will have what you have.

A Kona Blue Boss.
Old 8/27/11, 09:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well none of them will have what you have.

A Kona Blue Boss.
Second.

Shane, there's no getting around wear on high bolster seats. The fabric in our cars surely won't last like leather but I owned a Porsche 911 with similar shaped Recaro seats in leather and the side bolsters took a beating. Get ready to order OEM covers for the seats in a couple of years and store them for future use. I sat in a GT500 with the Recaro seats today and you could always order a set of the covers in leather.
Old 8/27/11, 10:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Second.

Shane, there's no getting around wear on high bolster seats. The fabric in our cars surely won't last like leather but I owned a Porsche 911 with similar shaped Recaro seats in leather and the side bolsters took a beating. Get ready to order OEM covers for the seats in a couple of years and store them for future use. I sat in a GT500 with the Recaro seats today and you could always order a set of the covers in leather.
im not a fan of leather, too much heat in texas. leather is brutal in this weather on the **** in the summer. i wish the seats had some sort of mechanical memory. my mom used to have a car with manual seats but you could flip the back of the seat up and it remembered where you had the recline set when you flipped it back.

if it had memory like that for the slid i could just slide back a bit and then put it back up easily after. IDK why that minute or so of trying to get the seat back into that perfect setup pisses me off so.
Old 8/27/11, 10:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

im not a fan of leather, too much heat in texas. leather is brutal in this weather on the **** in the summer. i wish the seats had some sort of mechanical memory. my mom used to have a car with manual seats but you could flip the back of the seat up and it remembered where you had the recline set when you flipped it back.

if it had memory like that for the slid i could just slide back a bit and then put it back up easily after. IDK why that minute or so of trying to get the seat back into that perfect setup pisses me off so.
I hear you I was thinking about that today. One of the reasons for me buying a Mustang was it's a fast car with a back seat so my kids can ride along. But it's such a PITA moving the back of my seat several times a day so my kids can get in and out. I'm only one notch from the back on the slide so that doesn't do me any good but I have been reclining the back seat (when my kids aren't in the car) when I get out and I'm sure that's going to help a lot. My kids love riding in the Boss so it's all good.
Old 8/27/11, 10:19 PM
Post *****

I know every morning I take the kids to school and they always bet to go in the Mustang. It's not a Boss, but it will turn a few heads just the same.
Old 8/27/11, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

I know every morning I take the kids to school and they always bet to go in the Mustang. It's not a Boss, but it will turn a few heads just the same.
lol, yeah my kids go to public school, but this part of texas is packed with old oil money and the sort of folks that will buy a 80k car and a 20k trailer house lol. we pull up in the mornings and the older kids that help the younger kids out of the car would argue over who got to open the door. i sit in line to pick them up at 3 and the other kids are telling my son "nice mustang dude!" with 911's and M3's in the line they don't glance at. the shat eating grin on my sons face is worth the car payment lol
Old 8/27/11, 10:30 PM
Post *****

lol, yeah my kids go to public school, but this part of texas is packed with old oil money and the sort of folks that will buy a 80k car and a 20k trailer house lol. we pull up in the mornings and the older kids that help the younger kids out of the car would argue over who got to open the door. i sit in line to pick them up at 3 and the other kids are telling my son "nice mustang dude!" with 911's and M3's in the line they don't glance at. the shat eating grin on my sons face is worth the car payment lol
Exactly! Gotta love Texas. I'm about 2 hours southwest of Houston.

One of these days I'm gonna take 1 of them to school in the R and see what they say about that.
Old 8/27/11, 10:43 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly! Gotta love Texas. I'm about 2 hours southwest of Houston.

One of these days I'm gonna take 1 of them to school in the R and see what they say about that.
lol, that would be great. i can remember my dad driving me to school and my mom to wok in his silver anniversary vette as a kid. it only had two seats, but in the 70's id duck under that back glass and ride on my belly rather than roll in my moms olds.

funny thing is i took him not long ago to the shop to pick up his car and i took off from a light at a leisurely pace. he said i don't know how you drive this **** thing. i thought he was talking about the recaros being uncomfortable. then he said its so fast id spin and crash. lol, i should have floored it, he wouldn't have known what to do since he though 3k shifts were fast.
Old 8/28/11, 07:06 AM
BOSS Member

How did we go from the '13 colors to leather seats in Texas and taking your kids to school?

I was going to talk about the new 4.2" screen and what it entails,but I'm afraid no one would pay attention.
Old 8/28/11, 07:09 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
How did we go from the '13 colors to leather seats in Texas and taking your kids to school?

I was going to talk about the new 4.2" screen and what it entails,but I'm afraid no one would pay attention.
Because we've got the attention span of....wait, what was I talking about?
Old 8/28/11, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach

lol topic creep

Quick Reply: 2013 Colors