2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang
View Poll Results: Has the look of the 2015 Mustang grown on you?
Yes, I hated it at first, but now I'm really starting to love it.
3.48%
Yes, I was on the fence, but now I'm really starting to love it.
35.82%
No, I hated it at first, and I still hate it.
24.38%
No, I was on the fence, but now I hate it.
6.47%
Dont know yet, hated it at first, now on fence
7.46%
Don't know yet, still on fence
22.39%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Those who hated or were on the fence, has the 2015 Mustang grown on you?

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by edbrick
Can I change my vote ???? Its growing on me and it pisses me off. I have a car disease. LOL. The more pictures I see and the more time passes the more I like it.
You can actually change your vote lol. Just go to "view poll" and change it
Old 3/29/14, 10:44 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
the car show is in town till tomorrow but I am too busy to make it
Sadly a couple of my friends have been to the show and both feel uninspired by the new mustang. they didn't even take pictures of it
I guess I'll have to wait till they get shipped to the dealers to see one in person.
Old 3/29/14, 09:20 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
the car show is in town till tomorrow but I am too busy to make it
Sadly a couple of my friends have been to the show and both feel uninspired by the new mustang. they didn't even take pictures of it
I guess I'll have to wait till they get shipped to the dealers to see one in person.
aside from magazine articles, and folks in the forums, I havent personally heard any 'wow' type comments from anyone I know thats seen it... havent heard a lot of hate, just a lot of 'meh' / 'its alright' / 'ok, but I liked last years better' type of things... I hope in time it grows on the fanbase, think it will.
Old 3/30/14, 05:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
aside from magazine articles, and folks in the forums, I havent personally heard any 'wow' type comments from anyone I know thats seen it... havent heard a lot of hate, just a lot of 'meh' / 'its alright' / 'ok, but I liked last years better' type of things... I hope in time it grows on the fanbase, think it will.
so excluding all hardcore mustang fanatics lol.
Old 3/30/14, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
so excluding all hardcore mustang fanatics lol.
Just the close minded ones.
Old 4/1/14, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad this thread has provided so much discussion. Apparently you can change your vote, so if your feelings have changed, please update it!

And everyone remember, this poll was intended solely for those whose first reaction to seeing the car in December was projectile vomiting. So this sample is just showing those who did not like it and are either turning towards it or still entrenched in their distaste. Anecdotally I believe a far larger segment of the population has and will like the car from the outset.
Old 4/1/14, 01:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The more i see them on the street on Mustang6 the more i dislike it. Looks just as bad as the camaro.
Old 4/1/14, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
The more i see them on the street on Mustang6 the more i dislike it. Looks just as bad as the camaro.
You just getting tired of it or is there something specific that is bothering you? I find some incarnations and colors bland, other's stunning.
Old 4/1/14, 03:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I'm still not digging it.
The front end doesn't look muscular at all, especially from the side. The rear is just ugly. And that roof line looks like an Infiniti.
Those are just my opinions on the 2015 model.
Old 4/3/14, 12:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It does honestly need to be seen in person.

You may still not like it, but it really is where it needs to be seen.
Old 4/4/14, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
It does honestly need to be seen in person.
You may still not like it, but it really is where it needs to be seen.
Yeah,....maybe.
I really need to see it in person before saying that I really don't like it.
Old 4/4/14, 04:25 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yeah,....maybe.
I really need to see it in person before saying that I really don't like it.
+1
they do look a bit different in real life than what I expected...

I liked the interior a lot, but think the 10-14 steering wheel looks better- actually, I'd rate the 10-14 steering wheel as best looking ever... the 15 wheel looked 'busy' for lack of a better word. my opinion on the exterior sunk a tad, but opinions will vary.

unexpected things I hadnt seen before were the arcs in the trunklid, and the fender/hood panel breaks at the a-pillar looked really odd to me- think theres a volvo or something out there with the exact same fender notch at the rear of the hood- just looked busy to me compared to seeing straight seams flowing along the contours...
Old 4/4/14, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's the opposite for me. I absolutely LOVED the 15 when it was debuted. Started working out how I could get one when they came out, etc. But the more I looked at them, and I had assorted photos of them as my computer wallpaper for a couple months. Different little things that I thought looked awesome became less so. I started to feel like it lost the muscle car appeal. So I threw up a split photo on my wallpaper of similar angles of the 14 and the 15...and well, see signature.
Old 4/5/14, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Agreed. Was not feeling the new front end until I saw that side-by-side the other day. Although I prefer the 11-12 front to the 13-14 front, I was shocked at how much better I thought the 15 front looked compared to the 13-14. Now I got curious about side-by-side with 11-12. Not the same colors, but I think the 11-12 fares better:
Attachment 154439
I saw this side-by-side below and 100% the '12 looks better. More muscular stance. Hard, mean lines. Not this soft, swept back, sleek look with slanty BMW headlights. Sleek and muscle car don't go together. Also, nice Jeep ride height on that '15. With the slopey roof line it makes the hood look longer and less agile. To me.

Last edited by DGRacing; 4/5/14 at 03:16 PM.
Old 4/5/14, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'm still not digging it.
The front end doesn't look muscular at all, especially from the side. The rear is just ugly. And that roof line looks like an Infiniti.
Those are just my opinions on the 2015 model.
Agree 100%

It seems to be a hodge podge of "design by committee".

The front end is euro/asian inspired. The rear end is supposed to be 60's inspired with the gimicky 3D taillights. Tell me what happens when snow, water and ice get lodged in those taillight crevices and then expands? What then? Cracked taillights, that's what will happen.

Also, look at the side profile of that rear and and follow the contour. It zig zags (changes direction) about 4 different times from diffuser to the integrated decklid lip. All bad design.
Old 4/7/14, 06:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DGRacing
Agree 100%
Tell me what happens when snow, water and ice get lodged in those taillight crevices and then expands? What then? Cracked taillights, that's what will happen.
Yeah because they probably didn't test that at all.
Old 4/7/14, 06:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DGRacing
Also, nice Jeep ride height on that '15.
Imagine what the S197 on the right would have looked like without being lowered
Old 4/8/14, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally got to see the '15 in person today. I looks really good, much better to me than the photos suggest. Some of the body lines that didn't make sense to me in photos actually define the shape very well, especially the creases on the hood. The front actually looks sharp and modern, not retro as I imagined from photos and I don't see any Fusion elements to the front when viewing in person.

The interior does not come across as busy as I imagined from the photos either. This '15 also had a sub built into the side of the trunk like a Stealthbox and two speakers in each front door panel. I didn't think to look for an A-pillar speaker but I hope one is there.

All in all, I think this new Mustang will be an unqualified success.
Old 4/8/14, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960
I finally got to see the '15 in person today. I looks really good, much better to me than the photos suggest. Some of the body lines that didn't make sense to me in photos actually define the shape very well, especially the creases on the hood. The front actually looks sharp and modern, not retro as I imagined from photos and I don't see any Fusion elements to the front when viewing in person. The interior does not come across as busy as I imagined from the photos either. This '15 also had a sub built into the side of the trunk like a Stealthbox and two speakers in each front door panel. I didn't think to look for an A-pillar speaker but I hope one is there. All in all, I think this new Mustang will be an unqualified success.
The new Premium sound systems have 3-way front stages, 6.5" midbass, 3" midrange and 1" tweeters on the A-pillars. The sub is probably the Shaker Pro.
Old 4/8/14, 03:18 PM

New York show is coming up soon. I'll let you know. >=)

Quick Reply: Those who hated or were on the fence, has the 2015 Mustang grown on you?