2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Sneak peek for Christmas?

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/12, 10:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm not sure what you mean?
I think he means there's more sheep buying iPhones than Mustangs.
or...

When a new Mustang comes out with a different coat of paint and slightly different tread pattern...apple people would wait weeks to get in line for one...Mustang owners would just criticize it for not having an IRS...
Old 10/22/12, 10:13 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer

When a new Mustang comes out with a different coat of paint and slightly different tread pattern...apple people would wait weeks to get in line for one...Mustang owners would just criticize it for not having an IRS...
QFT!!!

Old 10/22/12, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
We can hope.
Old 10/23/12, 09:13 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Speaking of Apple and on the topic of the supplier issues:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/10...-and-security/

This article COMPLETELY echo's what you are talking about here.

I can imagine (and appreciate through my line of work) the level of awareness and connectivey on this planet now, but this is a 2 sided coin.
With that also comes an increasing # of inherant risks and possible leaks.

The security protocol that has to be adhered to is absolutely MIND boggling, and you are only as strong as your weakest link.

In this day in age, imagine how many 1st, 2nd AND 3rd parties that are involved in something as complicated and complex as a modern vehicle.
Now imagine how far out they have to be working on something before it gets shown to the world.
To be able to keep it a secret is likened to finding a Sasquatch riding a Unicorn!

It's unfortunate as well that in this day in ages, where it is SO easy to get info out, in fractions of a second for the world to see....that we are so connected that we are disconnected. (if that makes sense, I'll explain)

Once the info is out, it really can't be taken back.
Sure you can find the person who did it, but it's already circulating like a virus. The damage is done. No one thinks about the actions/reprecussions.
Ranging from people losing their jobs, prosecution, or info in the hands of the competition. Knowledge is power, and some people just don't give a rat-fart about keeping it secret. Want-to-Know VS Need-to-Know.
I don't know, I like the reaction of opening a present and surprising someone....seems more fulfilling than having them know exactly what they are going to get.

It really does amaze me in these times that a company CAN keep a secret.
Old 10/23/12, 09:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Speaking of Apple and on the topic of the supplier issues:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/10...-and-security/

This article COMPLETELY echo's what you are talking about here.

I can imagine (and appreciate through my line of work) the level of awareness and connectivey on this planet now, but this is a 2 sided coin.
With that also comes an increasing # of inherant risks and possible leaks.

The security protocol that has to be adhered to is absolutely MIND boggling, and you are only as strong as your weakest link.

In this day in age, imagine how many 1st, 2nd AND 3rd parties that are involved in something as complicated and complex as a modern vehicle.
Now imagine how far out they have to be working on something before it gets shown to the world.
To be able to keep it a secret is likened to finding a Sasquatch riding a Unicorn!

It's unfortunate as well that in this day in ages, where it is SO easy to get info out, in fractions of a second for the world to see....that we are so connected that we are disconnected. (if that makes sense, I'll explain)

Once the info is out, it really can't be taken back.
Sure you can find the person who did it, but it's already circulating like a virus. The damage is done. No one thinks about the actions/reprecussions.
Ranging from people losing their jobs, prosecution, or info in the hands of the competition. Knowledge is power, and some people just don't give a rat-fart about keeping it secret. Want-to-Know VS Need-to-Know.
I don't know, I like the reaction of opening a present and surprising someone....seems more fulfilling than having them know exactly what they are going to get.

It really does amaze me in these times that a company CAN keep a secret.
This is exactly what I was getting at. I used to work for Apple (retail) and have been an Apple fan all my life. But the company has changed and, in my opinion, gotten too big for its britches. Unfortunately, I just don't see anywhere else to turn. I used to love Apple because of their quirky, simple designs and their "idgaf" attitude when it came to releasing new products. The iPhone changed all of that. The old mentality went out the window.

We're getting off topic though, but I think we can agree that it's amazing stuff isn't leaked out more.
Old 10/23/12, 09:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The real key in all this, is, from what limited info we know, we "expect" the car to be shown in early 2014. We're still nearly 18 months from production. Unlike the electronics industry, the components necessary to build a vehicle are far more vast and sourced from all corners of the world. Right now, the car is in the hands of a limited number within the company, and a few choice suppliers that have lengthy lead times for parts (dies for stamping come to mind). As product deadlines and validations near, more and more suppliers will start dabbling in and getting access to information.

Bottom line, keep your pants on, but from spring 2013 and beyond, you might get lucky.
Old 10/23/12, 12:57 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its a lot easier for someone to walk off and take a picture of a phone than it is a whole car. and they build the iphone in China so any American item being secret over there is not going to happen.
Old 10/24/12, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah, I'm expecting a 2-door fusion. I mean this in the sense that the styling is probably already present. Plus, it will be dolled up to be a mustang, this is not a negative

Last edited by Kabooka; 11/6/12 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Negative
Old 10/24/12, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight
its a lot easier for someone to walk off and take a picture of a phone than it is a whole car. and they build the iphone in China so any American item being secret over there is not going to happen.
So you're saying we might get leaks of the transmission soon?
Old 10/24/12, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
So you're saying we might get leaks of the transmission soon?
Sorry...those images are "locked out".
Old 10/25/12, 11:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm still anxious to see what Max has in store for Lincoln. I think they'll be more anxious to show that over the new Mustang, since it'll translate to more models and over a longer period of time.

Looking at their last two concepts and their production counterparts (Vertrek/Escape and Evos/Fusion), there wasn't much time between concept unveil and production reveal. If Mustang is slated for NY2014, Detroit or Chicago 2014 could be a place to see a potential successor with cues from the production car.
I agree. Thinking a little more I'm expecting a big big showing from FoMoCo at cobo hall 2013. Gotta steal thunder from batmobile C7 + yet another few more years of General pushrod small block.

I'm really excited for the Lincoln RWD because I'm pretty sure we will see a new special high-tech world beater OEM class V8 that finally isn't in a Mustang - or we will get a crate 5.8 Trinity.