2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/13, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vickstang
Hi-po version (whatever its gonna be called) spied! http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851
Great find! I saw this a few days ago as well while driving across Woodward.
Old 9/18/13, 11:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im wondering if it will still come with the adjustable bilsteins or have a new set-up? Maybe partner with Eibach so it has great ride quality while also being a tad lower. Eliminate that wheel gap and youve got a killer stance!
Old 9/19/13, 01:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Im wondering if it will still come with the adjustable bilsteins or have a new set-up? Maybe partner with Eibach so it has great ride quality while also being a tad lower. Eliminate that wheel gap and youve got a killer stance!
You guys don't realize that wheel gap is not only a factor of suspension height. There's so many other factors. Have you ever looked underneath a BMW? The whole floor plan is designed to tuck all the components in to the body. I helped my buddy do an oil change on his 04 330i. The exhaust had its own routing, the driveshaft had its own tunnel, etc. The whole under body was flat, and the components that usually hang down on a Mustang, were all tucked up and out of the way, nice and neat. That allows the car to sit lower because nothing is in the way or will bottom the car out. I was so jealous. He had less wheel gap than me, and I'm on coilovers. He was stock. My cats are like 2" off the ground.
Old 9/19/13, 02:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, my '03 E46 330i Sport has a much better stance (stock!) than my Mustang lowered on Ford Racing springs.
Old 9/19/13, 03:08 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm hoping we get to see the video soon, as I want to hear the "fantastic rumble" coming from this beast, especially if this is the GT350 and it does sport a flat plan crank

Old 9/19/13, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks to me like the wheel gap isn't much changed from the current model. You can see where the camo is creased by the edge of the wheel opening and it a decent distance away from the top of the wheel.
Old 9/19/13, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

It looks like it has a wider body much like the the Need For Speed Mustang, which doesn't seem unlikely given the size of those tires! And perhaps a similar hood scoop to the current GT350???
Old 9/19/13, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
I am sold! I will buy one of these but the cost will be high. A fully loaded one of these will cost between 65K and 70K. I will need 15K to put the recommended 20 percent down for one. That puts me in well equipped Corvette range or low end Porsche range. I hope this GT350 will be worth the money!
I was wondering the same thing. I am curious as to the estimate most would have regarding price from Ford? Then you need to factor in the market mark up from the dealers. Where would this land the price to the consumer? Perhaps 75-80K? I really would like to own one but not at that price point.
Old 9/19/13, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by The_Munk
that fusion/evo grill looks 100% better without the lower grill/opening whatever that thing is called
Wait a minute now, you have to see the one with the lower jaw too before you say that...

Old 9/19/13, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bob
I'm curious, do you intend to track the car or is it just a preference for a light handling machine?

I admit the GT500 can seem ponderous as it trades handling for outright speed but its capable of doubling any suggested speed limit in a turn and can easily land you a reckless driving ticket on just about any road from speed alone. Its my observation that while it doesn't seem to exceed most peoples expectations it exceeds their capability.

They need to, while I don't really check out the transmission when I spot a ZL1 from what I hear most of them left the lot with a slush box.

I wonder if the fender vents are there for the brakes and built up pressure in the wheel well, the problem there is picking up crap flung off by the wheels and dispersing it down the sides of the car, especially from a wet surface unless Ford has some way to separate the crud from the air but that brings about another problem with having to dump the separated crap from the car. My bet if they are functional, its additional venting for heat and pressure under the hood.

Anyways, I was checking out the rear brakes, nice to see a 4 pot set-up back there, hate to say it, but having Brembos or Brembo style brake calipers all the way around is justification enough to pony up the extra money for an SE due to the ease of brake jobs alone. I really hate the rear brakes with winding pistons.

No I don't plan on tracking the car just as I don't track the current car that I have now but I will drive it in a spirited fashion. Mustangs in the past looked great and got you great performance for real cheap and that was great when I was 20. I am older now ann I want more than just a big engine with seats. My 2005 mustang has cruise control, power windows, power door locks, interval wipers....BIG DEAL My father had a 1978 T-Bird that had the same features and a bigger engine (351) 5.8 in it to boot. It is time to move in to the 21st century, no more solid rear axel and upgrade the interior and add all the bells and whistles. I can handle 60K or 70K to pay for a car but I am not going to buy another mustang unless it is worth it but I think the new Shelby GT 350 will be. I know people will say "Why not buy a 14 GT 500 and get 662 HP" but that car is just a bigger engine with seats and a half *** version of sync added on top of it. If it were just about power I would invest in a new engine and transmission until I got 700 hp but I would still be stuck in the past adding an FM modulator for Sirius, riding with a blue tooth device in my ear, stuck with a GPS unit on the wind shield, rear axle hopping as I corner hard on a bumpy road, manually adjusting my seat back etc etc etc
Old 9/19/13, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by thePill
Wait a minute now, you have to see the one with the lower jaw too before you say that...

Nope, still feel the same way. its that shape, it looks too jolly to me... -----> \'_'_'_'_'_'_'_'/ I would perfer it like this /'_'_'_'_'_'_'_'\ or ('_'_'_'_'_'_'_')
{thats the only way I could explain it}
Old 9/19/13, 05:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Yeah, my '03 E46 330i Sport has a much better stance (stock!) than my Mustang lowered on Ford Racing springs.
Same here. Boss on lowering springs still not as hunkered down as my '09 335i Coupe. Always thought the need to accommodate the live axles full range of motion was the issue, but as pointed out it may be more than that.

Last edited by Fenderaddict2; 9/20/13 at 01:37 AM.
Old 9/19/13, 05:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

... any word when Ford is actually going to unveil the '15?
Old 9/19/13, 07:28 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
No I don't plan on tracking the car just as I don't track the current car that I have now but I will drive it in a spirited fashion. Mustangs in the past looked great and got you great performance for real cheap and that was great when I was 20. I am older now ann I want more than just a big engine with seats. My 2005 mustang has cruise control, power windows, power door locks, interval wipers....BIG DEAL My father had a 1978 T-Bird that had the same features and a bigger engine (351) 5.8 in it to boot. It is time to move in to the 21st century, no more solid rear axel and upgrade the interior and add all the bells and whistles. I can handle 60K or 70K to pay for a car but I am not going to buy another mustang unless it is worth it but I think the new Shelby GT 350 will be. I know people will say "Why not buy a 14 GT 500 and get 662 HP" but that car is just a bigger engine with seats and a half *** version of sync added on top of it. If it were just about power I would invest in a new engine and transmission until I got 700 hp but I would still be stuck in the past adding an FM modulator for Sirius, riding with a blue tooth device in my ear, stuck with a GPS unit on the wind shield, rear axle hopping as I corner hard on a bumpy road, manually adjusting my seat back etc etc etc
Heh , well if the rumors are true, the GT350 will have a big engine, its supposed to displace 5.3 or 5.4 liters while the GT will be getting a 5.0 . I don't know how Ford is going about getting the extra displacement. It might be a proprietary design only marginally based off of the coyote or a coyote derivative taken to the extreme.

However, I understand what you are saying, your after a much higher level of refinement and the panache of a very high tech luxury performance vehicle like the M3 and its high revving 4.0 liter V8.
Old 9/19/13, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by bob

Heh , well if the rumors are true, the GT350 will have a big engine, its supposed to displace 5.3 or 5.4 liters while the GT will be getting a 5.0 . I don't know how Ford is going about getting the extra displacement. It might be a proprietary design only marginally based off of the coyote or a coyote derivative taken to the extreme.

However, I understand what you are saying, your after a much higher level of refinement and the panache of a very high tech luxury performance vehicle like the M3 and its high revving 4.0 liter V8.
I think Ford will be striving for a much higher level of, well, everything on the '15 than the '05. The latter reflected the "good enough" attitude that pervaded Ford back then. The '05, while a really good car and immense improvement over the neolithic SN95, was nonetheless hobbled by some significant compromises that reflected low penny-pinching over high value.

However, Ford of late really has been striving for and quite often achieving world-class "greatness" and I think Ford really will swing for the fences with this car. I suspect that whatever modest increase in price will be far more than offset by much greater overall value.

Yeah, it might cost a few more bucks but you'll be getting much more car for each buck than now -- again, the difference between low price and high value.
Old 9/19/13, 11:06 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
I think Ford will be striving for a much higher level of, well, everything on the '15 than the '05. The latter reflected the "good enough" attitude that pervaded Ford back then. The '05, while a really good car and immense improvement over the neolithic SN95, was nonetheless hobbled by some significant compromises that reflected low penny-pinching over high value.

However, Ford of late really has been striving for and quite often achieving world-class "greatness" and I think Ford really will swing for the fences with this car. I suspect that whatever modest increase in price will be far more than offset by much greater overall value.

Yeah, it might cost a few more bucks but you'll be getting much more car for each buck than now -- again, the difference between low price and high value.
We'll see, still like my Shelby's with a big (relative to the more common V8 Mustang) V8

I'll be glad when something more concrete appears for the next SVT car. if its 55k and matches the acceleration of the current GT500 and can wrangle with a Corvette Stingray on a road course that would be a helluva deal in my book. 65-70k not so much. Hell if Ford is planning on benching the Z/28 with more conventional technology that would be really encouraging seeing as how the Z/28 has to use some pretty racey stuff to achieve its mission (CC brakes, spool valve dampers, et al).
Old 9/20/13, 12:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Vickstang
Hi-po version (whatever its gonna be called) spied!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851

I don't know about this. It looks like a tent on wheels. They should call it the "Burka 350" or something sexy like that! This middle-east stuff is getting out of control...

S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13-burka-1.jpg

I've heard those Kevlar blankets can stop a 37mm round! But I just don't see where they're gonna mount one or two of these babies:

Name:  30mmChainGun.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  8.4 KB

Anyway, I bet they'll sell at least a couple dozen of them when they finally come out.
Old 9/20/13, 05:05 AM
Bullitt Member

^^ OK guy ^^
Old 9/20/13, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I don't know about this. It looks like a tent on wheels. They should call it the "Burka 350" or something sexy like that! This middle-east stuff is getting out of control...

Attachment 145833

I've heard those Kevlar blankets can stop a 37mm round! But I just don't see where they're gonna mount one or two of these babies:

Attachment 145834

Anyway, I bet they'll sell at least a couple dozen of them when they finally come out.
Oooh, how would I choose? I'll take the uncovered device in the 3rd picture.
Old 9/20/13, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bob
We'll see, still like my Shelby's with a big (relative to the more common V8 Mustang) V8

I'll be glad when something more concrete appears for the next SVT car. if its 55k and matches the acceleration of the current GT500 and can wrangle with a Corvette Stingray on a road course that would be a helluva deal in my book. 65-70k not so much. Hell if Ford is planning on benching the Z/28 with more conventional technology that would be really encouraging seeing as how the Z/28 has to use some pretty racey stuff to achieve its mission (CC brakes, spool valve dampers, et al).

The Shelby GT 350 base price will set out a little lower than the GT 500 because it will not be as powerful but it will be well equiped as a flag ship top tier model is expected to be. With that said it will still be very expensive and if you price a loaded 2014 GT 500 they run 66k to 70K. Electronics pkg, glass roof, track pack etc... all the goodies Ford knows we all want. I never go by the base price because who really ever wants the stripped out version of anything. Chevy is a master of it and you go look at the new Sting Ray and wow you can get one for 51k but to get one with the 3lt package and nice goodies it is 70K. Here is my formula for buying a mustang. 2015 Mustang V6 30K = NO!, 2015 Mustang 4CYL ecoboost 35k = NO!, 2015 Mustang GT Coyote V8 40-45K = nice but still NO!, 2016 Shelby GT-350 Engine ???? 60-70K depending on the power and goodies maybe!

Quick Reply: S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13