The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/s550-svt-mustang-caught-video-9-17-13-a-525153/)

Vickstang 9/17/13 08:57 AM

S550 SVT Mustang caught on video 9/17/13

Hi-po version (whatever its gonna be called) spied! :metal:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/atta...1&d=1379430317

laserred38 9/17/13 09:13 AM

Oh snap! It actually has some rubber under it! I hope they keep them. And those wheels look like Forgestar CF10s! :nice::nice:

Just looked again. Looks like Michelin PS2s! And possibly take off 13-14 GT500 mufflers for testing?

Automagically 9/17/13 09:24 AM

No news no news no news no news ...................................... HOLY FARK!!!

This looks wicked! Those vents!!

Ethanjbeau 9/17/13 10:24 AM

Those tires look like they can actually handle the power of the cars.

laserred38 9/17/13 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frontal shot. Lights are on too! I'm calling LED headlights standard (they are on the dang Corolla and MKZ!). Also note the lower amber running lights.

Funny, the back wheels look more concave than the fronts. Almost looks like a square setup for the tires. Hood vent looks similar to the 07-09 GT500 hood.

Krohn 9/17/13 10:32 AM

This is sweet! So much excitement. lol

Automagically 9/17/13 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6689329)
Frontal shot. Lights are on too! I'm calling LED headlights standard (they are on the dang Corolla and MKZ!). Also note the lower amber running lights.

Funny, the back wheels look more concave than the fronts. Almost looks like a square setup for the tires. Hood vent looks similar to the 07-09 GT500 hood.

The fronts are more concave, it's very strange.

Could this be a first that they deliver a HiPo the first year out? Seems like they have enough time to get it together.

Overboost 9/17/13 10:48 AM

Anyone else notice the Pilot Super Sports it's riding on? Solid tire choice.

laserred38 9/17/13 11:00 AM

7 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689337)
Anyone else notice the Pilot Super Sports it's riding on? Solid tire choice.

I did!

Here's some more pics, for those who don't want to click the 6G link.

The brakes look beefy. The whole car looks beefy. I think this is going to be the one. I love the stance. I love the wheels. I love the width and presence it has on the road. That steering wheel looks disgusting though. All the multifunction crap! Just like the ST Focus wheel. I don't want that crap on my wheel!

newpony 9/17/13 12:05 PM

I agree about the steering wheel. . All cars companies are going out control putting so many buttons on the steering wheel.

Diode Dynamics 9/17/13 12:45 PM

I like the fact that it has DRL's, I'm getting new product ideas already!

I can't wait to see this thing, I'm jones'in

Nick C.

codeman94 9/17/13 12:57 PM

those brakes are huge.

laserred38 9/17/13 01:12 PM

Ugh the steering wheel reminds me of the Camaro steering wheel.

eric n 9/17/13 01:47 PM

I'm guessing 6 piston calipers, 15' rotors, something like 295's in the back.... Now give me a Big Freakin' Motor and a little suspension.... ta freakin' da. I find myself wanting to break into a chorus of Happy days are here again!

Blacknight2007 9/17/13 02:33 PM

Mustangg6 has it all wrong, this is a Gt with the track package. Those brakes are for sale from ford racing right now, minus the slotting of the rotors. They are 14 inch in the rear and 15 inch up front. As for the scoops, think about it the track pack in the past kinda sucked. It needed more cooling. Well here they made sure that was no longer a problem. I am sure the hood scoop feeds air to the rotors. The back fender scoop is so the air has some where to escape. As ford gets closer to there release you guys are going to see more and more new stuff. Ford will not release a svt product on 2015. Ford will use the special edition mustangs to up sales in later years.

rhumb 9/17/13 02:35 PM

Noticed a few other things about the interior shot:

Looks like two rather large primary instrument bezels, framed in chrome/metal rings, with an area in between for secondary instruments/information. This is not unlike, in general, today's Stang though I'm sure the detailing will be quite distinct.

This does look like it will be a/the Mustang wheels as one can make out the galloping Mustang icon underneath the tape. I don't mind the buttons on the wheel as the buttons have got to be somewhere and having them on the wheel can make them quite convenient and perhaps safer (requiring less attention diversion from the road). Given all the electronic/info systems now on cars, I think this is all but inevitable to a large degree.

Overboost 9/17/13 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blacknight2007 (Post 6689430)
Mustangg6 has it all wrong, this is a Gt with the track package. Those brakes are for sale from ford racing right now, minus the slotting of the rotors. They are 14 inch in the rear and 15 inch up front. As for the scoops, think about it the track pack in the past kinda sucked. It needed more cooling. Well here they made sure that was no longer a problem. I am sure the hood scoop feeds air to the rotors. The back fender scoop is so the air has some where to escape. As ford gets closer to there release you guys are going to see more and more new stuff. Ford will not release a svt product on 2015. Ford will use the special edition mustangs to up sales in later years.

You are wrong on so many parts.

RandyW 9/17/13 03:36 PM

Can't see enough of it, but I like the steering wheel.

newpony 9/17/13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6689452)

You are wrong on so many parts.

I'm still recovering from "hood scoop feeds air to the rotors."

2k7gtcs 9/17/13 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by newpony (Post 6689473)

I'm still recovering from "hood scoop feeds air to the rotors."

:heh: