2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Motortrend's prediction on the '15

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/12, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love how people are seriously talking about buying Camaro's and they hate the new design so much when we haven't even seen a camo car yet. It's just a bunch of bored magazine photoshop interns and what they think it "could" look like based on some concept cars.

Find something else to freak out about for 9 months, come back and we'll have something solid to hate on.
Old 5/3/12, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Keep in mind a new camaro is coming out around the same time, you guys may hate that too lol
Old 5/3/12, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
Keep in mind a new camaro is coming out around the same time, you guys may hate that too lol
New = Bad, old = good, duh.
Old 5/3/12, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh look boys and girls, it's an Infiniti TC with a V8! It would be awesome to see Ford set a trend for a change instead of following or shunning them away.
Old 5/3/12, 07:17 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by 1 COBRA
The front grill on Topspeed's render is a Ford trend on other models. I would not be surprised if it finds its way to the next Mustang gen.
Yeah, but when has the Mustang ever received a Ford corporate grille, at least in its modern iteration (has it ever)? I remember rampant speculation that the 2005 Mustang would receive Ford's then-corporate, three-bar grille; that obviously never came to fruition. I don't see why the 2015 model would buck that trend.
Old 5/3/12, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful. Thoroughly modern. Motor Trend's renderings are usually well sourced and pretty close to the memories of the upper execs that have seen concepts do I wouldn't be surprised this is more or less of whats coming.

You guys had to understand - this is the 1960s/1990sall over again. Sporty Coupes are all the rage now and frankly the only market that matters is the youth market and the youth markets do not want retro anymore. Frankly, this design with a perrofmrance well into the 21st century and Ford def has another MT car of the year - a groundbreaking performance bargain coupe still uniquely American.
Old 5/3/12, 07:52 PM
V6 Member

Looks like a fwd car.
Old 5/3/12, 10:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's very simple to me.. Ford cannot dare stray to far away from what they and we know is the mustang gene... this rendering is by far the best I have seen.....
Attached Images  
Old 5/3/12, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
It's very simple to me.. Ford cannot dare stray to far away from what they and we know is the mustang gene... this rendering is by far the best I have seen.....
You wouldn't be able to see out of that
Old 5/3/12, 11:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I drive my brother Elise around and I can see just fine! Its not much more than that. But its just a drawing. The Mustang will not look like the Taurus or the Fusion, my friend at Ford has stated that, true or not thats what he said...
Old 5/3/12, 11:25 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree......that is still my favourite rendering to date. Instantly recognisable as a Mustang, but much more modern in the body surfacing. Think S197 meets SN95 New Edge. However, the rumours are strong that it'll look nothing like the current car. That's what has me worried

In a sea of "me too" designs, the current S197 stands out a mile. It's a design that can trace its roots back to 1964. I don't want a design that traces its roots via Audi/BMW/Hyundai/1964.

However, until we see the first camo'd cars, I guess I shouldn't panic too much. But........

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You wouldn't be able to see out of that
OK....from concept to reality I'd give it slightly bigger windows
Old 5/3/12, 11:40 PM
Cobra Member

That pretty much just looks like what we have now, with a chopped roof. I'm not holding my breath that it'll look much like that, if at all.
Old 5/4/12, 01:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
Yeah, but when has the Mustang ever received a Ford corporate grille, at least in its modern iteration (has it ever)? I remember rampant speculation that the 2005 Mustang would receive Ford's then-corporate, three-bar grille; that obviously never came to fruition. I don't see why the 2015 model would buck that trend.
There were some pretty common cues for a while...

And the coup de grâce,

Old 5/4/12, 01:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

There were some pretty common cues for a while...

And the coup de grâce,

My GF constantly badgers me on how ugly the Fox Body design is. I keep trying to convince her that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but she tells me I'm full of it. Seeing a 9 second Fox at the drags last summer showed me something to respect, regardless of what the outside looked like.

By the by, is Ford holding out with the Coyote Motor for this new design or are we going to see a newly designed powerplant?
Old 5/4/12, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

My GF constantly badgers me on how ugly the Fox Body design is. I keep trying to convince her that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but she tells me I'm full of it. Seeing a 9 second Fox at the drags last summer showed me something to respect, regardless of what the outside looked like.

By the by, is Ford holding out with the Coyote Motor for this new design or are we going to see a newly designed powerplant?
Constantly??? Why would the subject come up so often
Old 5/4/12, 01:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Constantly??? Why would the subject come up so often
Because she drove an SRT4 when I first met her and I never shut-up about Mustangs.
Old 5/4/12, 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Oh, look, a modified Camaro. Interesting.
Old 5/4/12, 10:12 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Oh, look, a modified Camaro. Interesting.
Really? If you mean in the sharper body surfacing, then maybe. But otherwise that profile is all Mustang

Old 5/4/12, 12:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now That's What I'm Talking About! That is Beautiful to Me. I'm thinking this New 2015 Mustang is going to be more like going from a 67/68 Mustang to a 71/73 Mustang. A lot of People Hated on the 71-73 Mustangs which when you really compare them to previous generation Mustangs had Very Little "Mustang" Styling Cues. I'm Glad Ford is Ditching Retro. It's Time to Start Looking Toward a Brighter Future.
Old 5/4/12, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Really? If you mean in the sharper body surfacing, then maybe. But otherwise that profile is all Mustang

If the car looks like this it'll accomplish what Ford needs.

The traditional RWD V8 coupe class is falling especially among the youths. The ones that DO care about cars and have some money to spend have a lot more choices than before. The goal is to all out shoot for this market with a car that appeals to all their interests: looks, value, technology, green and of course performance.

I would expect the car to keep more less the same interior dimensions while doing a shrinking act all around - to keep below 3500 lbs. That would allow to keep for the V8, but probably at a lower HP number - BUT with a corresponding JUMP in MPG while keeping more or less the same performance numbers as before. DI will probably have a play in that.

But FoMoCo will have to continue to blaze the trail of an American performance value coupe. What this means is, keeping the car relatively affordable, performance relevant, and of course true to its heritage is the everyman everyday performance car that is only as contented as you like. But this concept has to enter the 21st century, w/ global platform sharing and real economies.

Last edited by JPMotorSport; 5/4/12 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Motortrend's prediction on the '15