2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

GT Premium vs. GT "Enthusiast"

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/13, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT Premium vs. GT "Enthusiast"

Digesting a lot more of the 2015 reveal information today, wanted to share some of my thoughts and observations, specifically about the two different red GT Mustangs that were shown (in Dearborn and in LA).

Dearborn Car:

Los Angeles Car:
(appeared at Venice Beach and Hooniverse, where I saw it in person)

The Dearborn Car is what I assume to be a fully loaded GT Premium. The wheels, while intially they looked like the 19" Boss 302S wheels are actually the available 20" wheels (zoom in and you can see the tire size on the lower right of the tire)

I also assume that the red GT Premium is the car that is used in all the press photos for the GT, and it includes the dash with the MyFordTouch and non-Recaro leather seats. It also has the small lip spoiler on the rear trunk and the black rear diffuser. This car also has the turn signal repeaters in the mirrors, while the LA car does not.

The LA Car is the enthusiast car (in my opinion), optioned up with just the go fast goodies. The LA car had no rear spoiler, the rear diffuser was body color (maybe just the mark of a non-premium car, not sure).

It had 19" wheels and the Brembo brakes on it.

I also saw some good shots of the interior of that car, and it shows the dashboard with the aux gauges in the center (so far the only shots I saw were of an ecoboost car).

It also had cloth Recaros (which were of the non-premium cars in 2013/14), and it has the center stack without the MyFordTouch display. Also note that this car doesn't have the toggle switches at the bottom of the center stack, just buttons. Another thing to note is that this car has a turned-engine look (ala Bullitt Mustangs) to the center part of the dash, where as on the GT Premium car it is a smooth aluminum look to it.

All this leads me to believe that this is showing off a Mustang with all the go fast parts and not too many of the "frills".
Old 12/6/13, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I think we shouldn't look too deeply in to these pre-production models. I think it was for 2011 (but not sure), the pre-production photos showed dual zone auto-climate control with the regular radio. But this ended up never being a combination that was possible. The auto-climate was grouped in with the touch screen navigation.

And I can't find it now, but one of the interior shots from one of the reveals showed a wiper stalk with a button for turning on the rear wiper. I think it's safe to say the Mustang won't have a rear wiper.

Last edited by AWmustang; 12/6/13 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12/6/13, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for pointing these out. I'm much more interested in the Enthusiasts car, basically a '15 version of the one I already have...
I like seeing the recarros, non-touch, and even the spoiler-less pics
Old 12/6/13, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
I think we shouldn't look too deeply in to these pre-production models. I think it was for 2011 (but not sure), the pre-production photos showed dual zone auto-climate control with the regular radio. But this ended up never being a combination that was possible. The auto-climate was grouped in with the touch screen navigation. And I can't find it now, but one of the interior shots from one of the reveals showed a wiper stalk with a button for turning on the rear wiper. I think it's safe to say the Mustang won't have a rear wiper.
The export Mustangs will have a rear wiper, as it's required in parts of Asia, Australia and Europe...
Old 12/6/13, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the one in Dearborn looks the best out of everything shown so far. The wheels on that model are growing on me. Like I posted in another thread, just replace the bland looking "GT" emblem with the more transitional faux gas cap, and I think I'd really like it.
Old 12/6/13, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
The export Mustangs will have a rear wiper, as it's required in parts of Asia, Australia and Europe...
Huh... I was unaware of that. Do you know what the criteria is for needing a rear wiper? I know there are many European and Australian cars that don't have them.
Old 12/6/13, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150
I think the one in Dearborn looks the best out of everything shown so far. The wheels on that model are growing on me. Like I posted in another thread, just replace the bland looking "GT" emblem with the more transitional faux gas cap, and I think I'd really like it.
I can just see that when the car is finally for sale, you'll be able to hit up American Muscle or some other aftermarket company for a stick on faux gas cap for the traditionalist that miss it.
Old 12/6/13, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

The LA car also has a larger front splitter.
Old 12/6/13, 09:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Both cars have really nice wheels and interiors. I like them.
Old 12/7/13, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think your right on the money with these observations. The Enthusiasts car seems to go with the same black wheel trend that is swirling in the aftermarket. Even the Camaro's Enthusiast version (1LE) gets all Black wheels. I like the idea of black wheel but it's not my cup of tea, so I wonder if the optional 19's or even 20's would be available in this package.
Old 12/7/13, 08:41 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Certainly not the UK.......and, to be honest, I've never known this to be a requirement anywhere.........although anything's possible.
Old 12/7/13, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Certainly not the UK.......and, to be honest, I've never known this to be a requirement anywhere.........although anything's possible.
After I posted that I think I remembered that in Asia it's only a requirement on hatchbacks, but either way I know for certain parts of Asia require rear wipers. I believe Australia too. The European countries, I can't say for certain, but you'd know better than I
Old 12/7/13, 07:58 PM

looks like a slight design difference in the headlights between the two GTs as well.
Old 12/7/13, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kherman
looks like a slight design difference in the headlights between the two GTs as well.
It also could be caused by the different angles of the photo
Old 12/8/13, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been wondering if the exports (at least for the European markets) would also have different taillights (to include amber turn signals). My buddy Corey is selling his BOSS to a local over here and that was one of the hang-ups; no amber turn signals. So far, I haven't seen anything addressing this, but I'd like to see it. Might make for an aftermarket option for the US market, and be sought after like the '99/01 (IIRC) Cobra tails...
Old 12/8/13, 05:59 AM
GT Member

Simple to make a rear lens with one chamber being amber.
Otherwise for your friends Boss check this out
http://www.greymarkets.net/service-w...mr%C3%BCstung/
Old 12/8/13, 09:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I've been wondering if the exports (at least for the European markets) would also have different taillights (to include amber turn signals). My buddy Corey is selling his BOSS to a local over here and that was one of the hang-ups; no amber turn signals. So far, I haven't seen anything addressing this, but I'd like to see it. Might make for an aftermarket option for the US market, and be sought after like the '99/01 (IIRC) Cobra tails...
Yep, the Ford reps said the only changes would be slightly stiffer suspension and tailights. Most likely they'll have to add side markers to the front fenders too.
Old 12/8/13, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Any body else notice the lower rear of the Base car (around the exhaust) is painted vs the Premium's black w/body color diffuser. Not sure if I like it better or not.
Old 12/8/13, 05:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Interesting observations - it would be great if they put useful gauges into the performance/track pack GT's. that is one of my biggest gripes about my car with the track pack - no gauges.

Very curious to see the official packages they release! Look promising from the early show models.
Old 12/8/13, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Base radio looks boring really ....

I heard rumors of a LX model like the foxs at one point but who knows if that happens

Quick Reply: GT Premium vs. GT "Enthusiast"