2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/13, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I've been refraining from saying this, but to hell with it - if you think the front end on that mule is from a Fusion, you are retarded and/or blind. /thread

SMH..
Old 8/28/13, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I guess this is no good too. I would sell my right ball for this one.
I would literally walk into the dealership and throw my money at the salespeople like a drunken strip club patron!
Old 8/28/13, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've been refraining from saying this, but to hell with it - if you think the front end on that mule is from a Fusion, you are retarded and/or blind. /thread
The same should be said about anyone looking at the pictures and saying that it doesn't look like a Fusion.
Old 8/28/13, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis

The same should be said about anyone looking at the pictures and saying that it doesn't look like a Fusion.
Never said it didn't have Fusion-like characteristics. But people are saying Ford literally took a Fusion bumper and stuck it on an S197. No. They didn't.
Old 8/28/13, 12:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis

I would literally walk into the dealership and throw my money at the salespeople like a drunken strip club patron!
Omg. That's funny. I got singles bro. Lol
Old 8/28/13, 12:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Was at the mall before and this was there
Attached Thumbnails Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20-m.jpg  
Old 8/28/13, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Never said it didn't have Fusion-like characteristics. But people are saying Ford literally took a Fusion bumper and stuck it on an S197. No. They didn't.

Look at the Fusion Taladaga and tell me the same.. I have studied both the Fusion and the Mustang unveiled and laid them over each other and it was a match. I think if someone took the two cars right next to each other you would change your tune.. but then again you may not.. For what its worth it is your opinion as I have mine.. or this.. Its a fusion.. I just changed the grill backing..

Last edited by GreenCars; 8/28/13 at 12:48 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars

Look at the Fusion Taladaga and tell me the same.. I have studied both the Fusion and the Mustang unveiled and laid them over each other and it was a match. I think if someone took the two cars right next to each other you would change your tune.. but then again you may not.. For what its worth it is your opinion as I have mine.. or this.. Its a fusion.. I just changed the grill backing..
The grille shape is not even close to being the same. It's so obvious, I don't know what to tell you. Yes, there are the ST/Talladega like "teeth" but that does not make them the exact same bumper cover. And then there's the foglight/brake duct housings, which are also clearly not the same.

The point where the headlights meet the grille is not even the same. For someone that took the time to overlay the two pictures in photoshop, you'd think you would've clearly seen they are not the same. They are similar, no denying that. But not the same.

Last edited by laserred38; 8/28/13 at 12:57 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

The grille shape is not even close to being the same. It's so obvious, I don't know what to tell you. Yes, there are the ST/Talladega like "teeth" but that does not make them the exact same bumper cover. And then there's the foglight/brake duct housings, which are also clearly not the same.

The point where the headlights meet the grille is not even the same. For someone that took the time to overlay the two pictures in photoshop, you'd think you would've clearly seen they are not the same. They are similar, no denying that. But not the same.
I cut from the new mustang and pasted directly in the fusion front.. Similarities my arsh.. IMO they are spot on..

Last edited by GreenCars; 8/28/13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I cut from the new mustang and pasted directly in the fusion front.. Similarities my arsh.. IMO they are spot on..
Now post the original Fusion picture.
Old 8/28/13, 01:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yawn...
Old 8/28/13, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry Flagstang I am done.. People see what they want to see..
Old 8/28/13, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't worry Flagstang I am done.. People see what they want to see..
Glad you can admit it..
Old 8/28/13, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How you can seriously say these are the exact same front bumper is just asinine. You really need to get your eyes checked.

And we can clearly see where you skewed the foglight housing and headlight. They're obviously not a direct match. The Mustang lights are flatter, smaller, and not as angled. The Mustang grille is squared flat on the bottom, and the lower two corners are squared off, versus the Fusion's rounded corners. The upper corner angles are more vertical on the Mustang. Etc etc etc. you're right, people want to see what they want to see to justify their purchase. It's fine, if the new one looks too similar to the Fusion to you, and you're happy with your S197, that's fine too. But don't conjure up some conspiracy theory that Ford threw a Fusion bumper on to throw us all off and then doctor up the pics in photoshop to support it.
Attached Thumbnails Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20-image-2799866064.jpg   Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20-image-80138908.jpg   Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20-image-111383726.jpg  

Last edited by laserred38; 8/28/13 at 01:20 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 01:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Old 8/28/13, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

How you can seriously say these are the exact same front bumper is just asinine. You really need to get your eyes checked.

And we can clearly see where you skewed the foglight housing and headlight. They're obviously not a direct match. The Mustang lights are flatter, smaller, and not as angled. The Mustang grille is squared flat on the bottom, and the lower two corners are squared off, versus the Fusion's rounded corners. The upper corner angles are more vertical on the Mustang. Etc etc etc. you're right, people want to see what they want to see to justify their purchase. It's fine, if the new one looks too similar to the Fusion to you, and you're happy with your S197, that's fine too. But don't conjure up some conspiracy theory that Ford threw a Fusion bumper on to throw us all off and then doctor up the pics in photoshop to support it.

I never doctored anything.. Its called camera angles.. you are looking at the same front in different angles..
Old 8/28/13, 01:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I never doctored anything.. Its called camera angles.. you are looking at the same front in different angles..
Lol okay man. You didn't skew that driver's side foglight housing.

Here, I'll help you out. Please, tell us again how these are the exact same fascia - original pictures, just cropped for your pleasure.
Attached Images   

Last edited by laserred38; 8/28/13 at 01:29 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

The front clip on the mule just screams Fusion to me. Seriously, who wants a mustang that looks like a Fusion only with a pony in the grill? The similarity is scary.
Old 8/28/13, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

My two points:

1. It does look similar to the Fusion, but both it and the Fusion look really good. So people's emotions on that main point are what is going to drive/hamper sales.

2. It is NOT an OEM Fusion front bumper grafted onto a Mustang.

That's all I care about. Carry on.
Old 8/28/13, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lol okay man. You didn't skew that driver's side foglight housing.

Here, I'll help you out. Please, tell us again how these are the exact same fascia - original pictures, just cropped for your pleasure.
Last and not least you are exactly what Ford is hoping for to throw you off the scent. Believe what you will and I will what I will.

Lets see This is the 50th anniversary Mustang a few known changes.

• Updated Engines =More HP
  • New Engine to be sold overseas
  • Smaller over body design to accommodate global sales
  • IRS
Oh and then throw a Fusion looking front on it.. Even if you disagree it is not a match it is very similar to the Fusion Taladaga. So after all the cloak and dagger, The expense to improve and change so much.. They would then make it look like the rest of the line up. Again you believe what you want I still am calling shenanigans its a shell game.. /end... Done Finished /through!!!

Quick Reply: Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20