2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/13, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
People are really knocking the Fusion resemblance but nobody says the fusion front end is ugly. The new mustang is modern, sleek and sophisticated looking. Yes the new Corvette is gorgeous but it is retro and retro is on its way out. Call it a 2 door fusion all you like but I am telling Ford I am in!
You are the first guy that I've seen calling the C7 retro. Personally I don't see retro anything on that beauty. I mean yeah, it has the classic Corvette curves but they can't never get rid of that. That is what makes a Corvette a Corvette.
Old 8/20/13, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Oh goodness....

The Mustang isn't a muscle car to begin with, so maybe this is an even better direction than I thought.
define a muscle car and see if the mustang doesnt fall into that definition
Old 8/20/13, 07:16 PM
GT Member

People are really knocking the Fusion resemblance but nobody says the fusion front end is ugly. The new mustang is modern, sleek and sophisticated looking. Yes the new Corvette is gorgeous but it is retro and retro is on its way out. Call it a 2 door fusion all you like but I am telling Ford I am in!
Are you doing crack?

The C7 Corvette is anything but retro. ANYTHING but retro. It's very modern. What aspect of the car is retro besides the name "Stingray"?
Old 8/20/13, 07:22 PM
V6 Member

I'm sure it'll end up being a really nice car with that power. I may even get one instead of a BMW, then park it next to my mustang.
Old 8/20/13, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by The_Munk

A coupe with a buttload of power, without the natural ability to turn.

The Challenger meets this definition more than the mustang or camaro do.

Last edited by Boss VOL; 8/20/13 at 07:33 PM.
Old 8/20/13, 07:33 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Fantastic! The car isn't even on sale and it is on its own deathbed!
Haha. Given the abysmal Mustang sales figures over the past several years, it's obvious something had to be done; the retro-inspired styling has obviously run its course. I personally love the look of the new nose, but only time will tell if it's a hit among buyers.
Old 8/20/13, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by The_Munk
Definitions vary but in a nutshell, muscle cars tend to be mid/full sized cars with big blocks. The Mustang is a pony car. This isn't rocket science. The only Mustangs that might could be considered a muscle car by any stretch of the definition are the big block cars from the '60s and possibly the modern GT500s.
Old 8/20/13, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm looking forward to reading another post about how it looks like a fusion. They are very insightful.
Old 8/20/13, 07:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Most people won't even associate it with a Fusion. It's just us "Star Wars" type nerds that have to nit pic.

There's something really enticing about that recessed grille. It draws cues from the Cobra and looks mean as hell and ready to gobble you up!

I wanna stick my hand in it to see if anything snaps at it. I like it.
Old 8/20/13, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomer
If either of those is true for the GT, I'll eat my shoe.
I think you will be eating your shoe then. 450 hp will be easy to achieve for the coyote engine. Shaving off 400lbs is the tough task when that includes the added weight of switching to the IRS.
Old 8/20/13, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by newpony
You are the first guy that I've seen calling the C7 retro. Personally I don't see retro anything on that beauty. I mean yeah, it has the classic Corvette curves but they can't never get rid of that. That is what makes a Corvette a Corvette.
It has the Manta shape in the front like the 70s Sting ray and the roof line and the rear green house is like the original. Only the rear end is different. It has more gills but it resembles the original stingray better than the Challengers and Chargers resemble there originals.
Old 8/20/13, 07:56 PM
Cobra Member

ehhh... i'm on the fence until i see it in paint, headlights & lower fascia fully exposed and whatnot. so far.... it's not as much of a Fusion coupe as i was afraid it was gonna be (besides that UNMISTAKABLE Fusion shaped grill >______<) but to be honest... w/ the pics on some previous pages it really does just look like a VERY aggressive Fusion IMO..

Last edited by Red Jay; 8/20/13 at 07:57 PM.
Old 8/20/13, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by newpony
Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
Are you doing crack?

The C7 Corvette is anything but retro. ANYTHING but retro. It's very modern. What aspect of the car is retro besides the name "Stingray"?
The front end manta shape and the green house is very similar to the original. I like the look I am just saying I have seen it before. This new mustang is unlike any mustang I have seen before.
Old 8/20/13, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Red Jay
ehhh... i'm on the fence until i see it in paint, headlights & lower fascia fully exposed and whatnot. so far.... it's not as much of a Fusion coupe as i was afraid it was gonna be (besides that UNMISTAKABLE Fusion shaped grill >______<) but to be honest... w/ the pics on some previous pages it really does just look like a VERY aggressive Fusion IMO..
I agree Jay. However, the normal, untrained eye and everyday folk is gonna be like "cooooooolll!!!"
Old 8/20/13, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Excellent post.
This. I have always love the Mustang as the flagship.. The car that says Mustang before it says Ford. In fact the S197 only said ford on the rear fake gas cap. I am not saying the Fusion, Focus ST, Fiesta ST are bad looking in fact I quite like them for what they are in the Ford line up and the fact they say FORD in the emblem both front and rear. If this is the look that they were hiding all this time I have to ask you all why did they wait if it was just another Ford line up look. They did not hide the IRS nor did they hide details of the car being sold elsewhere and we were to see a Eco4. It has me really perplexed because this was the biggest guarded secret in the automotive community and then nothing.. zip zilch?? It like waiting to see a Alien from area 51 and he looks just like us... umm again why all the cloak and dagger?? So all you people who say it looks nothing like the Fusion front end have not really I mean really looked and compared the pics.. I have studied them hard in fact I can take the pic of the fusion make it grey, remove the chrome grill etc.. and paste it up and you would see what I am seeing.. Look at the fog light area's the two are identical. The headlights, same the grill opening same, hood lines same.. if you can not see it.. Please read this:

A E F G I Z

A E F G I Z

A E F G I Z

Ahh as I thought you need glasses...
Old 8/20/13, 08:11 PM

P.s it's gonna be a bltch to detail.
Old 8/20/13, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
i think the car looks more like the fusion...like everyone is saying...not that fusion is a bad car but i dont want my "muscle" car to resemble my "family" car, just kinda waters it down a little....like putting racing stripes on a minivan...
unless the back end is what puts this car over for me and makes me want to buy it, i think ill be buying pre-2015 models from here on out.... the 05 concept didnt have to grow on me...i knew from the instant i saw that, i had to get one and i did in my 2006, but this 2015 model doesnt scream at me like the 05....sorry ford, it was a nice try but i hope i eat my words in saying that i think its the death of the mustang....(oh and thanks to the Govt for ruining the car industry too..)
You don't even know what the car looks like yet. Death of the Mustang...Some of you are being really melodramatic. You sound like some in the SN95 crowd that hated the S197 and thought the "iconic" Mustang was ruined! Turns out they were pretty wrong on that and I'm willing to wager you are as well.
Old 8/20/13, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by tbi0904

You don't even know what the car looks like yet. Death of the Mustang...Some of you are being really melodramatic. You sound like some in the SN95 crowd that hated the S197 and thought the "iconic" Mustang was ruined! Turns out they were pretty wrong on that and I'm willing to wager you are as well.
Yes. Same people that got all bent out of shape about Midiclorians being microscopic organisms living within a Jedis body instead of an actual higher power navigating the "force."
Old 8/20/13, 08:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think you will be eating your shoe then. 450 hp will be easy to achieve for the coyote engine. Shaving off 400lbs is the tough task when that includes the added weight of switching to the IRS.
You assume a lot.
Old 8/20/13, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2011-2014=1969-1970 2015=1971
That's all.

Both classic mustang, both totally different looking.

( not saying in looks department just the different body style)

Quick Reply: Front fascia caught uncovered during testing 8/20