2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Ford announces next Mustang for Europe with 30 second video

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/12, 08:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ford announces next Mustang for Europe with 30 second video

via http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=95

Ford held its “Go Further” product presentation event in Amsterdam today where it has unveiled 15 new or restyled vehicles for the European market that it will launch over five years to revive sales.

But more importantly to Mustang fans comes the confirmation that Ford will sell the next Mustang directly in Europe. This means that European Mustang fans will no longer have to rely on private retailers importing the Mustang.
re we possibly hearing the first official sound clips of the 2015 Mustang?

Last edited by Vickstang; 9/6/12 at 10:42 AM.
Old 9/6/12, 09:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Vickstang
via http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=95

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1wvacYfN9o

Are we possibly hearing the first official sound clips of the 2015 Mustang?
Sounded like a turbo..
Old 9/6/12, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Sounded like a turbo..
That's what I thought too. Would be lame to have used a current Mustang sound for the video anyway.
Old 9/6/12, 10:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car companies often offer different engines for the same vehicle based on region. For instance you can get a diesel Focus in Europe, but not in the US.

So it wouldn't really shock me if Europe gets a turbo 6 instead of the V8. I know that there are those in Europe that would love that V8 muscle but I can see Ford shying away from it in favor of something that may sell in higher volumes.
Old 9/6/12, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMHO Ford will introduce Mustang with 2.0 and 3.5 ecoboost engines for Europe. It is needed to have more or less good sales. v8 will be bought in pieces....by fanatics....

And they are not going to bring Mustang to Russia....lol
Old 9/6/12, 10:33 AM

Pretty expected, really, I think Ford definitely intends to sell the 2015 Stang far more broadly across the world rather than the basically domestic-focus of the current and past Stangs.

One motor did sound like a turbo, my guess would be an Egoboost four of some displacement(s).
Old 9/6/12, 10:38 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Several different exhaust notes there...............none of which sounded like a Mustang should

Whilst it's great that Ford recognises we love the Mustang over here (UK) I'm in two minds:

1 - A factory warranty will give a nice comfort factor (personal imports mean no Ford warranty overseas).

2 - Depending on the C02 outputs of the new engine, the Mustang will be crusified with a very high VED (Vehicle Exise Duty - effectly an annual tax you pay to drive on the road).The benefit of personal imports is we currently get one of the lowest bands as the car is not officially rated. This will AT LEAST double for an official car.

3 - LHD just makes it feel more.......American. OK, that only impacts us in the UK, but 99% of Mustang owners perfer to sit on the left.
Old 9/6/12, 10:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Sounded like a turbo..
Originally Posted by rhumb
Pretty expected, really, I think Ford definitely intends to sell the 2015 Stang far more broadly across the world rather than the basically domestic-focus of the current and past Stangs.

One motor did sound like a turbo, my guess would be an Egoboost four of some displacement(s).
That's a good thing IMO. Ensures sales figures will remain as high as possible.
Old 9/6/12, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good thing IMO. Ensures sales figures will remain as high as possible.
Old 9/6/12, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
The expected euro-styled design of the next Mustang also now makes much more sense.
Old 9/6/12, 11:16 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
The expected euro-styled design
Where has it been stated/quoted that the next design is "Euro-Styled?"
Old 9/6/12, 12:11 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Read the other thread for my thoughts on this.
It won't be EUROSTYLED
They love the Mustang, and there's no reason to make it look more European.
This is a car that is american and will stay american. Not to say there are a couple of cool looking trends from European cars, but don't go looking for this as a Eurostang.

I doubt they'd make many engine choices available. The current car draws on a large pool of powerplants, i don't see the next gen any different, and I wouldn't see them changing that for Europe.
Old 9/6/12, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The RUMORED BUT NOT CONFIRMED euro-styled design of the next Mustang MIGHT POSSIBLY make much more sense.
Amended

...but I don't know that it would happen, as mentioned above by Evil Capri and Boomer. I go back to a statement heard in Detroit by Ford folks not too long ago that basically said "we understand what we have stylewise in the Mustang" and that "customers in other countries appreciate the distinctive Mustang styling".

I also, like the other posters above, think people read too much into the "using the Evos styling for the Mustang" reports and turned the car into "Euro-styled".

We will see soon enough.
Old 9/6/12, 12:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"....if Europe gets a turbo 6 instead of the V8." (above)

Are you holding your breath. Do you really think we'll even see a V-8 in the downsized '15.
Old 9/6/12, 12:33 PM
GTR Member

I'm more interested in how Ford market the car over here. There's a lot of badge snobbery, and people would rather drive a BMW or Audi rather than a Ford (ok, I drive a 3 series as my daily driver, but I love my Mustang a lot more, LOL)

If they want to meet those marques head on, the '15 will need to be faster, better equiped and have interior "quality" to match those German brands. And it would have to undercut them on price.

If Ford try and sell it on heritage (lets face it, that why the S197 appealed so much, to me at least) then a modern Euro look would make no sense.
Old 9/6/12, 12:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
"....if Europe gets a turbo 6 instead of the V8." (above)

Are you holding your breath. Do you really think we'll even see a V-8 in the downsized '15.
Not a doubt in my mind
Old 9/6/12, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Baffling that there's anyone that would think the 5.0 wouldn't be offered for the S550.

Anyway, toward the end of the clip when the highbeams flare, is that the current Mustang or something else?
Old 9/6/12, 01:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
In the clip, I hear a 6-cylinder first, then current Coyote V8 with GT500 mufflers. I didn't really hear anything turbocharged, but I'd say possibly a small 2.5-2.8 TT V6.
Old 9/6/12, 02:10 PM
Cobra R Member

My only fear of the Mustang going global is the car having to meet the regulations of all the countries it will be sold in. I could be wrong but doesn't Europe have stricter safety standards (like the engine being lowered farther in the engine bay). Some of these things could effect styling and raise the cost of the car. I remember hearing something about this in the past when GM began selling the 2010 Camaro in Europe.

As far as the clip goes I think the different markets will have their own engines. I Don't see the V8 being a big seller in Europe but a turbo 4 or 6 could be a hit.
Old 9/6/12, 02:22 PM
GTR Member

You can keep ya stinking 4-pots and sixers...........give us V8s

Quick Reply: Ford announces next Mustang for Europe with 30 second video