2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

fog lights for 2015

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/15, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fog lights for 2015

Hi, sorry for lots of questions I just want to make sure I end up buying what I want. If I get the base v6 model without the fog lights, where can I get fog lights for it? I know for previous models there were simple kits for sale on ebay. I haven't seen anything for the 2015 models. Does anyone know where I can get them or if eventually they will become on sale somehwere? I'm sure the dealer can get it bUT will probably charge a ridiculous amount

Thanks
Old 2/16/15, 04:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've not yet seen any kits specifically for this mentioned here or elsewhere. Talking to a dealer's service department may at least get you the information you need, then you can peruse an online source for ordering.

In addition to the Fog Light Turn Unit, there are also mounting brackets and the such as well that can be found at FordParts.com.
Attached Images  
Old 2/16/15, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, you probably won't see aftermarket fog lights for a couple of months.
Old 2/16/15, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by simon182
Hi, sorry for lots of questions I just want to make sure I end up buying what I want. If I get the base v6 model without the fog lights, where can I get fog lights for it? I know for previous models there were simple kits for sale on ebay. I haven't seen anything for the 2015 models. Does anyone know where I can get them or if eventually they will become on sale somehwere? I'm sure the dealer can get it bUT will probably charge a ridiculous amount

Thanks
Isn't there a $400 option package (the only package for the V6?) that adds the fogs and a power driver's seat?
Old 2/16/15, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
Isn't there a $400 option package (the only package for the V6?) that adds the fogs and a power driver's seat?
That's 51a ($1000) and it includes fog lights.
Old 2/16/15, 05:59 PM

I'd probably just get the Equipment Group 051a for $995.

Features include:
Body-colored blade decklid spoiler
18” Foundry low-gloss paint machined-aluminum wheels
LED fog lamps
Six-way power driver seat with power lumbar
Looking at Ford Parts it seems it's going to be pretty pricey, even if you get a parts discount. The lights, the housing, and the lens etc. all seem to be separate parts. Or, just wait and see what the aftermarket or a budding entrepreneur packages for you.

I could do without the decklid spoiler, but whatever.
Old 2/16/15, 06:13 PM

yeah the package seems like a waste to me since I will be replacing the wheels and spoiler, and couldn't care less about having a power seat. I really do want the fog lights though but it looks like i'll gave to pay a lot either way. I'm starting to doubt an aftermarket will even exist since they come standard on nearly all models

So am I looked at $260 for the pair?

Last edited by simon182; 2/16/15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2/16/15, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Might have been thinking about the 3.55 gear option when I threw out the $400 number. Been some time since I was fiddling with the configurator.
Old 2/16/15, 06:54 PM

yeah the package seems like a waste to me since I will be replacing the wheels and spoiler, and couldn't care less about having a power seat. I really do want the fog lights though but it looks like i'll gave to pay a lot either way. I'm starting to doubt an aftermarket will even exist since they come standard on nearly all models

So am I looked at $260 for the pair?
I think it's more than that. Perhaps double. There is a different turn signal unit, the light, the brackets, etc. I think it's closer to $600 based on those prices.
Old 2/16/15, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
I think it's more than that. Perhaps double. There is a different turn signal unit, the light, the brackets, etc. I think it's closer to $600 based on those prices.
What a rip off, having to pay that and then installing it myself I may as well just buy it with the 51A package.

Thank you for the information.
Old 2/16/15, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On 2010-14 V6, you had to get Premium model then ADD the Pony or MCA Pkg in order to get the Fog Lamps.

The Pony/MCA Pkg was the same cost as 051A, however it was in addition to the Premium Pkg (not the base model). Being the 051A is one of the few V6 options, I'm guessing the take rate for it (% of cars built) will be higher than the MCA/Pony Pkg combined and possibly higher % than the 050A base V6.

My point is, if there are not enough potential buyers out there (cars w/o 051A pkg) or if putting a kit together is not as simple as it was for a '10-14, Ford or the aftermarket may never offer a plug-in-play Fog Lamp Kit.

You can order Spoiler Delete with 051A ... also the 18" Foundry 5-Spoke Wheels are nice looking & the Goodyear tires are decent UHP-A/S so they should be very sell-able if you want to go aftermarket right away. As long as you don't put many(any) miles on them so you can say they are "new-take-off's" you should get most if not all of the $1000 back spent on 051A.

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 2/16/15 at 07:17 PM.
Old 2/16/15, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
On 2010-14 V6, you had to get Premium model then ADD the Pony or MCA Pkg in order to get the Fog Lamps.

The Pony/MCA Pkg was the same cost as 051A, however it was in addition to the Premium Pkg (not the base model). Being the 051A is one of the few V6 options, I'm guessing the take rate for it (% of cars built) will be higher than the MCA/Pony Pkg combined and possibly higher % than the 050A base V6.

My point is, if there are not enough potential buyers out there (cars w/o 051A pkg) or if putting a kit together is not as simple as it was for a '10-14, Ford or the aftermarket may never offer a plug-in-play Fog Lamp Kit.

You can order Spoiler Delete with 051A ... also the 18" Foundry 5-Spoke Wheels are nice looking & the Goodyear tires are decent UHP-A/S so they should be very sell-able if you want to go aftermarket right away. As long as you don't put many(any) miles on them so you can say they are "new-take-off's" you should get most if not all of the $1000 back spent on 051A.

Doug
That's what i'm afraid of. I don't want to be struggling to sell the wheels after spending $1,500 on aftermarket. Decisions decisions.....
Old 2/17/15, 09:46 AM

That's what i'm afraid of. I don't want to be struggling to sell the wheels after spending $1,500 on aftermarket. Decisions decisions.....
At this rate, though, you could see the wheels for $500, have the factory holes for the spoiler alignment, have the fog lights OEM and be ahead price wise. And, you'd get that power driver seat you don't want
Old 2/17/15, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ
At this rate, though, you could see the wheels for $500, have the factory holes for the spoiler alignment, have the fog lights OEM and be ahead price wise. And, you'd get that power driver seat you don't want
haha probably what I will do. Just hoping I will actually be able to sell the wheels quickly. I won't be able to get new ones, first i'll need the money from the old ones and then purchase new ones. I'm also hoping someone does a how-to on removing the spoiler, i'm terrified of messing it up on my first new car
Old 2/17/15, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
What a rip off, having to pay that and then installing it myself I may as well just buy it with the 51A package.

Thank you for the information.
Probably. It's theoretically possible to retrofit yourself, but there's more to it than meets the eye. I just went through this on my '13 Focus. Ford had all the wiring installed from the factory (but only on SE and up trims, the base S didn't), right down to the relays in the BCM (Body Control Module --just like the SJB on the Mustang) and plug down by the front bumper.

So you'd think it was a matter of just buying the parts (fog lights themselves, the wiring harness , the headlight switch that has the fog light button on it), and plugging them into the factory wiring, right?

But Ford's never going to make it that easy. The headlight switch isn't a traditional switch, it sends a data message to the BCM to turn on the lights, AND car has to have the foglight option enabled in the BCM for it to actually do anything. The dealerships can reprogram the BCM using IDS, but there aren't many willing to do it, and IDS doesn't allow you to modify that parameter.

Luckily for the Focus, a Russian came up with a program called Focccus that lets you modify everything in the BCM, so I was able to flash mine to get the lights to work.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the '15 Mustang? They use the EXACT same headlight switch. I guarantee in order to use retrofitted foglights on a total factory-like setup (w/o having to go mount an aftermarket switch on your dash), you would have to find some way of reprogramming the BCM or SJB or whatever it's called on the S550.

So I'd go w/ the factory option if I were you
Old 2/17/15, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cavero
Probably. It's theoretically possible to retrofit yourself, but there's more to it than meets the eye. I just went through this on my '13 Focus. Ford had all the wiring installed from the factory (but only on SE and up trims, the base S didn't), right down to the relays in the BCM (Body Control Module --just like the SJB on the Mustang) and plug down by the front bumper.

So you'd think it was a matter of just buying the parts (fog lights themselves, the wiring harness , the headlight switch that has the fog light button on it), and plugging them into the factory wiring, right?

But Ford's never going to make it that easy. The headlight switch isn't a traditional switch, it sends a data message to the BCM to turn on the lights, AND car has to have the foglight option enabled in the BCM for it to actually do anything. The dealerships can reprogram the BCM using IDS, but there aren't many willing to do it, and IDS doesn't allow you to modify that parameter.

Luckily for the Focus, a Russian came up with a program called Focccus that lets you modify everything in the BCM, so I was able to flash mine to get the lights to work.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the '15 Mustang? They use the EXACT same headlight switch. I guarantee in order to use retrofitted foglights on a total factory-like setup (w/o having to go mount an aftermarket switch on your dash), you would have to find some way of reprogramming the BCM or SJB or whatever it's called on the S550.

So I'd go w/ the factory option if I were you
I was actually hoping they'd come with a red and black wire and I'd just wire them to the parking lights nearby and they would turn on whenever the lights are on which would work perfect for me. I will just go ahead and get it with the package and make my life easy
Old 2/17/15, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
You could probably do that as long as you used the running lights to trigger a relay to run the fogs. Probably too much of a current draw for the park lamp circuit

That said, cars with factory options tend to retain higher resale...so you'd have that going for you. I'd hate to cut into a brand new car too

Last edited by Cavero; 2/17/15 at 08:24 PM.
Old 3/11/15, 01:09 PM

There are some after market fog lights on thelightingfirm they change color and are smoked they look pretty **** nice. I believe they are plug and play for the gt and ecoboost and cost about 400 also they come with a 2 year warranty
Old 3/12/15, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Noblesteed
There are some after market fog lights on thelightingfirm they change color and are smoked they look pretty **** nice. I believe they are plug and play for the gt and ecoboost and cost about 400 also they come with a 2 year warranty
thanks for the info
Old 3/12/15, 04:32 PM

thanks for the info
Honestly it shouldn't hurt to get the factory lights in my opinion to save you time and possibly money