Changing Glove Compartment bulb. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2015 - 2020 Discuss the Current Generation

Changing Glove Compartment bulb.

Old 4/16/18, 03:28 PM   #1  
Bullitt Member

Question Changing Glove Compartment bulb.

EDIT. Never mind. I got it. Such a terrible light to replace. I had the bulb turned 90 degrees. Fit light a glove. Poor design.

So a tip if you're replacing the glove box light. The ends go vertical, not horizontal.

---Original Post----
I got some LEDs to swap out. Got the trunk light, and the two overhead map lights. But had a heck of time with the glove compartment light.

I finally got it back in, but now it doesn't work. I have tried two bulbs and flipped them both around. Still nothing. But while I was trying to figure out how to put it back in, there was a couple times I made contact and the bulbs lit up, just couldn't get them in the socket.

But now that I have them in the socket, it does not work.

I was looking in the manual thinking that maybe I shorted it out, but cannot figure out which fuse I may have blown. And as far as I can tell, only the glove compartment light does not work.

Last edited by woody24; 4/16/18 at 03:38 PM.
woody24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woody24 For This Useful Post:
wanted33 (4/17/18)
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE