2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

AutoWeek Cover.....and article!

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/13, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRB
That's pretty hot for a base care. Some will like it, some won't. Happens every time car gets a redesign. Bottom line it still looks like Mustang but much more modern. I don't need a car that has to be totally reinvented every six years or so to stay relevant. Looking forward to seeing the GT tomorrow.
Old 12/4/13, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

IMO

From this angle only things I like more in the new mustang is the front bumper doesn't look like a boat anymore, and the new mustang looks more like a fastback, with less of the trunk-lid area behind the rear windows. Also, the new mustangs hood doesn't slope down as much(though that was the case with the 11-12 stangs anyway, I think ford screwed up the hood with the 13-14). Aside from that, the new one is meh. Or worse in some ways. Rear end looks horrendous from this angle(and most others).

Overall I still think it's a nice car, nothing spectacular though, and definitely not worth trading in my '13. Nowhere close to being up to all the hype Ford has been making about it. UNLESS, there's some insane performance/mpg/performance/performance improvements. Which I'm hoping there is! But as of now, think I'm safe till the refresh of the '15
Old 12/4/13, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Notice that any red, white and blue tri-bar has been banished because this new generation is going global. God help us if we offend another country with our patriotic colors.
Old 12/4/13, 09:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Personally I think the front end looks a lot like the current Mazda6 and the roofline looks like the Accord. Its not ugly but it doesn't look like an American car. It kind of reminds me of the 1994-98 Mustang, some retro but with an import look to it....
Old 12/4/13, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks like the ecoboost performance pack???
makes sense that the ecoboost would be the headline car, high MPG mixed with high performance is a better PR message for the masses (especially with the reveal on good morning america).
the V8 which is meant for enthusiasts I am sure will get a ton of detail in additional photos and the press release but i am expecting to see an ecoboost car on TV and featured prominently in the mass media news articles tomorrow.
Old 12/4/13, 09:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
? Really ?
Attached Thumbnails AutoWeek Cover.....and article!-image.jpg  
Old 12/4/13, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Notice that any red, white and blue tri-bar has been banished because this new generation is going global. God help us if we offend another country with our patriotic colors.
Great point. I hand't even thought about that. I think the Mustang should proudly display the red, white and blue tri-bar emblem. Look at something like a Ferrari. Proudly wears the Italian colors and people love that.
Old 12/4/13, 10:39 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the side view is good..

I currently Hate the rest of it
Old 12/4/13, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150
Great point. I hand't even thought about that. I think the Mustang should proudly display the red, white and blue tri-bar emblem. Look at something like a Ferrari. Proudly wears the Italian colors and people love that.
But that is easily fixed in the after market.
Old 12/4/13, 11:17 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Another
I really like the stance, not in love with the front end!
Old 12/4/13, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
This is how you do a new generation model. Looks completely different!

Attachment 149467

Attachment 149466

YES and the new Camaro is a flash back to the 69 and the other one was a really back update of the 70's Camaro. SO Really screw - up the car, take ten year off then go back to the start.

I don't like that idea.

Mustang reset with not stop in production.
Old 12/4/13, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman

YES and the new Camaro is a flash back to the 69 and the other one was a really back update of the 70's Camaro. SO Really screw - up the car, take ten year off then go back to the start.

I don't like that idea.

Mustang reset with not stop in production.
I certainly don't recommend stopping production for 10 years or stopping production at all. Ford has had at least 5 or more years to design the next generation mustang and the best the design team could come up was that current design. When Ford switched over from the fox body style to the next generation style, the car looked completely different. When Ford switched over in 2005 the car looked totally different than the previous generation stang.

For all the global hype that Ford and enthusiasts created about the all new redesigned Ford mustang, its a huge let down because the design is not original, its just more of the same/similar what we got now. Again, I like what we got now so no big deal to me but just shows the lack of exterior creative design Ford engineers have.
Old 12/4/13, 11:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
? Really ?
Call me crazy, yes the first thing that I thought of was the Mazda6 when the pics first leaked. The front end sort of has that Mazda look to it. Also the roof has that Accord Coupe window shape...

I guess I have to see it in person before I have a final opinion but I think I'd rather have the current gen car based on what I see so far.
Old 12/4/13, 12:02 PM
Cobra R Member

I certainly don't recommend stopping production for 10 years or stopping production at all. Ford has had at least 5 or more years to design the next generation mustang and the best the design team could come up was that current design. When Ford switched over from the fox body style to the next generation style, the car looked completely different. When Ford switched over in 2005 the car looked totally different than the previous generation stang.

For all the global hype that Ford and enthusiasts created about the all new redesigned Ford mustang, its a huge let down because the design is not original, its just more of the same/similar what we got now. Again, I like what we got now so no big deal to me but just shows the lack of exterior creative design Ford engineers have.
I couldn't disagree more lol. I guess this shows how tough of a job this was for Ford to make a new Mustang. I think it is a radical change, perhaps more when we see it in person because it looks much smaller. I prefer the muscle car look of the previous generation while this new one seems to resemble a true sports car like a two seater. I have a feeling the backseat of this thing is going to be Porsche 911 small.
Old 12/4/13, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I agree, I think. I'm just not blown away by it and don't feel like my 2011 is going to look totally outdated and old, like Fox's did when the '95 came out, for example. It feels very evolutionary and not a dramatic update like the C7 Vette is versus the C6. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of different models and hearing all those details though.
Old 12/4/13, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DRB
Are those memory seat buttons I see on the door? This is getting better and better.
Old 12/4/13, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
I couldn't disagree more lol. I guess this shows how tough of a job this was for Ford to make a new Mustang. I think it is a radical change, perhaps more when we see it in person because it looks much smaller. I prefer the muscle car look of the previous generation while this new one seems to resemble a true sports car like a two seater. I have a feeling the backseat of this thing is going to be Porsche 911 small.
the wheelbase is supposed to be the exact same length as outgoing, plus add IRS improved packaging and back seat should be unchanged or improved... looks like most of the reduced size will come on the front and rear overhangs
Old 12/4/13, 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by xlover
the wheelbase is supposed to be the exact same length as outgoing, plus add IRS improved packaging and back seat should be unchanged or improved... looks like most of the reduced size will come on the front and rear overhangs
Perhaps you are right, I hope the reveal tomorrow has some pics next to the old model.
Old 12/4/13, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by DRB
Oh, is that all?

...those dirty bastards.
Old 12/4/13, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150
I wouldn't worry too much. Haven't the tri bar fender badges been reserved for the pony package only in recent years? It's too soon to start ****ting your diapers

Quick Reply: AutoWeek Cover.....and article!