2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/15, 08:00 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kay5Oh
I am hoping for you as well BigEasyGT. A lot of us are in the same boat, i will live through your excitement.
I'll keep you posted! I'm leaving COTUS open on my computer so I can refresh it every now and then.

I will say that it could be a blessing in disguise that my car is late, we had 2 bad hail storms here in new orleans the last week. Have you seen the video of the train getting blown off the raised bridge on Monday? That's 2 minutes from my house.
Old 4/29/15, 09:22 AM

My car moved to In Production today! Link appeared on COTUS for the window sticker but no luck yet being able to retrieve it. Hoping to be able to take a look at that soon!
Old 4/29/15, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The next day after my car moved into production, the Window Sticker showed up on Cotus.
Old 4/29/15, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tojo50
My car moved to In Production today! Link appeared on COTUS for the window sticker but no luck yet being able to retrieve it. Hoping to be able to take a look at that soon!
Tojo I wouldn't be surprised if you got yours before I got mine

Last edited by BigEasyGT; 4/29/15 at 10:02 AM.
Old 4/29/15, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

So, one week into the wait and I am beginning to worry my better half. Read every review, some multiple times, seen every youtube video, many multiple times, looked at thousands of photos. I have downloaded and read the manual cover to cover (all 400+pages!), becoming well versed on the history of the brand, technical aspects of the 2015 line, upgrades and tuning (even though I intend to run stock, really, that is what I intend to do....). I am also planning twistier routes than the interstates for our planned summer runs from Montreal to Charleston and New Hampshire. Looking at the roads on google street view. I can't fall back on my present Mustang as this will be my first. Painting a pony on my Solara seems wrong.

So, my question is..... This is normal, right?
Old 4/29/15, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

You are in the right place!
Old 4/29/15, 11:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Salguod
You are in the right place!
Thanks Salgoud. Hey, hope I get the delivery time you had! Not too bad.
Old 4/29/15, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

I hope you do too, Son of Growly. They quoted me 6-10 weeks. Deysha was on top of it the whole way and it just happened. I feel bad for those who've ordered well before me and still don't have their cars. Hang in there, people. It is worth the wait for sure! The car is so beautiful, in every way!
Old 4/29/15, 01:37 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BigEasyGT
Hoping for some good news today, my dealer has a large shipment of mustangs coming in and he's adamant that mine is on there. He believes COTUS just isn't up to date, who knows. It would be a much welcomed surprise.
I am hoping for you as well BigEasyGT. A lot of us are in the same boat, i will live through your excitement.
I don’t show any movement, guys.

Originally Posted by tojo50
It should be available on Friday, tojo50.

Deysha
Old 4/29/15, 03:03 PM

Hey Deysha, is there anyway of knowing how long it has been waiting for pickup? And why would COTUS say that it is "in Transit" . Thanks in advance
Old 4/29/15, 03:08 PM

Does anyone know when the production will start moving again on our cars that we wait so patiently for. I think a lot of us are stuck on awaiting shipment. Just would be nice to know is all
Old 4/29/15, 04:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mstray66
Does anyone know when the production will start moving again on our cars that we wait so patiently for. I think a lot of us are stuck on awaiting shipment. Just would be nice to know is all

Agreed, any info as to when the cars will move will be helpful. The "I dont know when" is what is making this wait painful...is there an end in sight?
Old 4/29/15, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

I wish I knew as well. I have a case open with ford service but they still can't really tell me much other than "it'll get moving soon." It's as if they don't want my $35k
Old 4/29/15, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
About a month of "awaiting shipment", with Mustangs ordered by my dealership after mine arriving and moving down the road.

My brand loyalty is starting to wear thin. The clock is ticking and the nice weather driving season is going to be wasted, and eventually there's going to be a point where the waiting is gonna stop and I'm going to find something else to buy.

Last edited by Skrapmetal; 4/29/15 at 04:33 PM.
Old 4/29/15, 04:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
About a month of "awaiting shipment". Mustangs ordered by my dealership after mine arriving and moving down the road.

My brand loyalty is starting to wear thin.
A month here too. If I get fed up with the wait, my dealer has the same car I ordered minus the PP on the lot.
Old 4/29/15, 05:07 PM

well the one that I am waiting on has said on COTUS "in transit" since 3/30/15. But found out today from Deysha that is is still sitting there waiting to be shipped out. Thank goodness I found this site and Deysha or I would still be driving by the dealer every afternoon to see if it had shown up yet. So what are you guys referring to about a production delay?
Old 4/29/15, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

A month here too. If I get fed up with the wait, my dealer has the same car I ordered minus the PP on the lot.
I'm with you guys. Ordered 2-2. Original blend date was supposed to be 3-27. Didn't show complete production till 4-8. Didn't ship till 4-20. Now the ETA is 5-5. Patience is wearing thin!
Old 4/29/15, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

Cotus just updated mine to in transit, and pushed my edd back to 5/14. I would be excited, but after reading some of the posts here, I'm thinking my car hasn't been released from the plant yet.
Old 4/29/15, 09:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Son of Growly
So, one week into the wait and I am beginning to worry my better half. Read every review, some multiple times, seen every youtube video, many multiple times, looked at thousands of photos. I have downloaded and read the manual cover to cover (all 400+pages!), becoming well versed on the history of the brand, technical aspects of the 2015 line, upgrades and tuning (even though I intend to run stock, really, that is what I intend to do....). I am also planning twistier routes than the interstates for our planned summer runs from Montreal to Charleston and New Hampshire. Looking at the roads on google street view. I can't fall back on my present Mustang as this will be my first. Painting a pony on my Solara seems wrong.

So, my question is..... This is normal, right?
Check out Mustang Megafactory on youtube.
All quite normal. Don't forget to shop eBay and Amazon for your 50th anniversary gear.
Got mine on Saturday. Still watching videos....
Old 4/30/15, 07:14 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jspeed1299
Hey Deysha, is there anyway of knowing how long it has been waiting for pickup? And why would COTUS say that it is "in Transit" . Thanks in advance
Since 4/17, jspeed1299.

Originally Posted by mstray66
Agreed, any info as to when the cars will move will be helpful. The "I dont know when" is what is making this wait painful...is there an end in sight?
I wish I knew as well. I have a case open with ford service but they still can't really tell me much other than "it'll get moving soon." It's as if they don't want my $35k
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
About a month of "awaiting shipment", with Mustangs ordered by my dealership after mine arriving and moving down the road.

My brand loyalty is starting to wear thin. The clock is ticking and the nice weather driving season is going to be wasted, and eventually there's going to be a point where the waiting is gonna stop and I'm going to find something else to buy.
I don’t have a specific date, guys. I know the wait is not easy, especially with no movement. Keep checking with me.

Originally Posted by Venmus
I'm with you guys. Ordered 2-2. Original blend date was supposed to be 3-27. Didn't show complete production till 4-8. Didn't ship till 4-20. Now the ETA is 5-5. Patience is wearing thin!
Yours is already in your state waiting on a truck to pick it up and deliver it to your dealer, Venmus.

Originally Posted by PodLite
Cotus just updated mine to in transit, and pushed my edd back to 5/14. I would be excited, but after reading some of the posts here, I'm thinking my car hasn't been released from the plant yet.
It was just moved to a different ramp to await shipment, PodLite. It should get loaded and ship soon.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread